Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I cant believe BORIS is playing at CIELO yes that DJ BORIS

Looks like he will be playing on tues dec 20th. Might have to check this out and run into all of you boris fans. Last time i heard him was over 6 months ago at discotheque and didnt have a good time. It was his typical sound and in after hrs. So quite curious to see what he will play at CIELO.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he will be playing on tues dec 20th. Might have to check this out and run into all of you boris fans. Last time i heard him was over 6 months ago at discotheque and didnt have a good time. It was his typical sound and in after hrs. So quite curious to see what he will play at CIELO.[/quote

"all You boris fans" what is your definition of boris fans?.. Just wondering... And Boris is Bangin Progressive and tribal beats wit a splash of vocals. None of that boring sleepy beats that some people love for some reason.. U think hes gonna change a set cause of a venue ur wrong, not in a million years .Boris has fans for a reason and its not for the sleepy beats. If u had a bad time cause of his music dont come. thats less wasted space and more room to dance. Just dont start bashing him or the music. Boris fans are gonna run rampant @ ceilo and hes gonna rip it a new Ashole.. Kthxbye :)

"all You boris fans" what is your definition of boris fans?.. Just wondering... And Boris is Bangin Progressive and tribal beats wit a splash of vocals. None of that boring sleepy beats that some people love for some reason.. U think hes gonna change a set cause of a venue ur wrong, not in a million years. If u had a bad time cause of his music dont come. thats less wasted space and more room to dance. Just dont start bashing him or the music.

BOring boris and bore us to death have been his nicknames among others for yrs goin aback to 99 when i had my first introduction to him. But thats not the point. Every big room dj that has played CIELO has played a bit different unless their not versatile to playanything else, which basically means your not realla complete dj, cause you can onlyplay one sound. I guess maybe you havent been familiar with this concept abotu cielo, especially since cielo is known for thier sound all over the wordl.

Personally i can only take about 30- 40 mins of boris sets nowadays. Last time at discotheque after hrs me and my boys left after about 20mins of being there back in like april or something. But like i said i will be there to hear him on tues.

bull seriously ive been reading alot and been seeing alot of ur posts and u gave me this impression that u only have one direct genre of music implanted in ur brain and thats it... OPEN UR EYES MAN

And this is where the confusement about me comes to play. Im a fan of djs danny tenaglia, behrouz, tedd patterson, derrick carter, mark farina, willie graff, francois k, danny krivit, dj vibe, carl cox, steve lawler, roger sanchez, joe claussell, louie vega, etc, etc.

Point being that i listen to a wide variety of djs ands tyles of music while trance being the only music i really dont like. And the reason most of my posts are about a certain sound/genre is because no one else is posting about it and most people dont know about certain djs/parties/scens/geners anyway. They only know one thing. And trust me i dont the whole hard progressive tribal shit yrs ago as well, i like some stuff but cant stand it really for a long period of time, is it that ive been goin out since 95, or is it maturity in musical tastes, or prefernces, maybe a bit of both.

If boris is your thing thats great and i really hope you have a great time, much like your a fan of him and his sound, i am not. Much like i can give you my reasons why i dont like him im sure you can give me yours on why you do like him. But were both gonna be at cielo tomorrow so hopefully we both have a good time, see ya on the dancefloor.

Your kind may hear Bang Bang Bang or Pots n pans but I dont... Music is a universal language and its all one beat so wake up and get multilingual. We are both music lovers in general but theres no need to hate on shit u dont understand. I hate vocal house and soulfull slow crap.. But u dont see me bashing dave morales or any other Soulful/vocal djs. How would u like it if It was old school and i said hey "wow i cant beleive Ron hardy is playing at studio 54, i guess its more of that gay vocal chicago house crap. But wait maybe he will play some bee geess..

Your kind may hear Bang Bang Bang or Pots n pans but I dont... Music is a universal language and its all one beat so wake up and get multilingual. We are both music lovers in general but theres no need to hate on shit u dont understand. I hate vocal house and soulfull slow crap.. But u dont see me bashing dave morales or any other Soulful/vocal djs. How would u like it if It was old school and i said hey "wow i cant beleive Ron hardy is playing at studio 54, i guess its more of that gay vocal chicago house crap. But wait maybe he will play some bee geess..

Im actually loving this conversation, vocal house and soulful slow stuff, ok i see your point, but i guess you dont like faster soulful stuff as well right? And David morales is no longer a soulful/vocal dj only, so you can bash him all you want since he isnt exactly my style completely anymore. But i will stand up for him if he is bash cause the man is a legend in this business since the 80s. And the stuff ron hardy was playing was not considered gay vocal chicago hosue at all by nobody in the industry. And ron wouldnt play the bee gees if he played at 54, much like when nicky siano played 54 for the first few yrs he got fired WHY becuase he wouldnt play the commercial stuff thatpeople were expecting like the bee gees.

ehhh whatever.. I just wanted to get a point across and thats it.. Im a big boris fan all the way, so once i saw boris and ur name in the same Thread i knew it was a bashing so i had to defend em. BtW whats up with shelter/ceilo for afterhours. whats the deal.. Crowd? music? Djs? i was thinking about starting to hit that up cause gypsea tea is a filth bucket and i herd warehouse is empty and i see u rant and rave about it.

I would never bash a Dj on music selection and/or Genre that he/she plays. Nor would i bash the soulfull stuff. Y? well Because I never really got into it and its not my bag O doughnuts. ya know.. I never ever say Hey this music sucks because thats an understatement I just say "this aint my style i aint feelin it"

there is no after hrs at cielo.Only for new yrs eve will they be open till 10am. And the reason i create this thread was cause i know there are alot of boris fans on here and since no one said anything i thought i would. Cause thats what i do on this messageboard i post about parties so people could know whats goin on, and NO im not a promoter. I just do it cause im a fan of music.

SHELTER on the other hand is the longest runnin party in nyc history 15YRS in april to be exact. Only david mancusos LOFT party is longer (35yrs) but that party is only 4-5 times a yr in NYC and is taken to places all over the world. TIMMY REGISFORD has been the dj at shelter since the begging and other residents are STING INTERNATIONAL, QUENTIN HARRIS.

The music ranges from soulful,dance classics, deephouse, some tribal, and some tech-house tracks. The crowd is every age group and race from the 20s to the 50s people who dance dance dance. Its open every sat from 11pm till sunday afternoon sometimes 12pm sometimes 2pm sometimes 4pm. Now different types of crowds come and go during the whole party. But its mainly dancers some of the best dancers in nyc during certain hrs as well.

Check out the pictures of the 14 yr anniversary party and you will get an idea of what its like in thier on sat nights sun afternoon:

http://clubshelter.com/images/14th/index.htm

Can i ask what other djs you liek or clubs and what parties have you attended, this way maybe i can get an understanding of where your coming from as well.