Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP @ Roseland Review...WOW

I'm constantly amazed at some of the people who post their opinions and

reviews. It seems that certain individuals on this board have found a way to assert their identity through negative attention. Actually it doesn't even matter what the topic is, they jump on the negative no matter if they've gone to the party or not..nothing is important except having a voice..they use this event as a vehicle to be heard..if you look carefully and study the names you'll find out that the same 20 to 25 people are always on the board venting their bullshit..they're irrelevant people who always see the glass as half empty. Their opinions are irrelevant..their lives are irrelevant. I guess hiding behind screen name muscles gives them some relevancy as to their opinions and whatever...but truthfully...who gives a shit about what they have to say anyway, it's really not that important...lets take a look at the roseland party...close to 5000 people went through the doors from 9pm to 9pm. Someone posted the sound sucked. The sound was from RSA. The sound company that has done over 10,000 events and is the sound company of choice for all clearchannel events and concerts.. including madison square garden, summer jam, giant stadium, jones beach electronic festivals around the country including the randell island events, 10 concerts with moby, danny teneglia and god knows how many other international dj' events. Did you feel the power of that system. The responce about the sound from people that I spoke to was very positive. As far as the lights were concerned..I think they were a true co-pilot to JP.

the lights were designed by timmylightz and installed by prism lighting. another qualified company with an amazing list of clients.

As far as a 24 hour party that was promised...JP delivered. As far as JP's music..there were times he was so on point that he was absolutely amazing. I'm sure there were other times during the night where he wasn't.

Is anyone 100% in their lives..I don't think so. I think that point is true of everyone including the reviewers on this board. But come on, 24 hours on your feet not to mention the hours of preperation before the doors opened...please people..JP played his heart out for his fans...Could you not see, hear and feel his committment.. his passion...Are you that deaf, dumb and blind.

The silent majority that came out for a new years eve celebration at roseland walked out of roseland at whatever time and had a really good time with their friends...They didn't write down the track by track selection that JP played. Chances are they probably don't even log on to the cp message board. They simply came out for a fun night out to a 24 hour party celebrating new years eve with JP ....They enjoyed themselves and will be back on sunday night february 19th for JP's birthday celebration at the roxy...as well as the same negative critics who always seem to be at a JP party....I'm just curious about one thing, how come the same critic's are always there at every JP event...I guess they must be a glutton for punishment if they hate it so much....I just can't figure that out....

well said ..

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm constantly amazed at some of the people who post their opinions and

reviews. It seems that certain individuals on this board have found a way to assert their identity through negative attention. Actually it doesn't even matter what the topic is, they jump on the negative no matter if they've gone to the party or not..nothing is important except having a voice..they use this event as a vehicle to be heard..if you look carefully and study the names you'll find out that the same 20 to 25 people are always on the board venting their bullshit..they're irrelevant people who always see the glass as half empty. Their opinions are irrelevant..their lives are irrelevant. I guess hiding behind screen name muscles gives them some relevancy as to their opinions and whatever...but truthfully...who gives a shit about what they have to say anyway, it's really not that important...lets take a look at the roseland party...close to 5000 people went through the doors from 9pm to 9pm. Someone posted the sound sucked. The sound was from RSA. The sound company that has done over 10,000 events and is the sound company of choice for all clearchannel events and concerts.. including madison square garden, summer jam, giant stadium, jones beach electronic festivals around the country including the randell island events, 10 concerts with moby, danny teneglia and god knows how many other international dj' events. Did you feel the power of that system. The responce about the sound from people that I spoke to was very positive. As far as the lights were concerned..I think they were a true co-pilot to JP.

the lights were designed by timmylightz and installed by prism lighting. another qualified company with an amazing list of clients.

As far as a 24 hour party that was promised...JP delivered. As far as JP's music..there were times he was so on point that he was absolutely amazing. I'm sure there were other times during the night where he wasn't.

Is anyone 100% in their lives..I don't think so. I think that point is true of everyone including the reviewers on this board. But come on, 24 hours on your feet not to mention the hours of preperation before the doors opened...please people..JP played his heart out for his fans...Could you not see, hear and feel his committment.. his passion...Are you that deaf, dumb and blind.

The silent majority that came out for a new years eve celebration at roseland walked out of roseland at whatever time and had a really good time with their friends...They didn't write down the track by track selection that JP played. Chances are they probably don't even log on to the cp message board. They simply came out for a fun night out to a 24 hour party celebrating new years eve with JP ....They enjoyed themselves and will be back on sunday night february 19th for JP's birthday celebration at the roxy...as well as the same negative critics who always seem to be at a JP party....I'm just curious about one thing, how come the same critic's are always there at every JP event...I guess they must be a glutton for punishment if they hate it so much....I just can't figure that out....

GREAT POST MAN

Happy new year to everybody! I would give this night 5 out of 10. What killed it for me is the sound, you couldnt really hear any sounds clear, all it was just a bass. Another thing is how all of it was organized, nobody checked me or any of the people that i saw, and the bathrooms were disgusting... I stayed there from 4am-12pm, and it was enough for me, i would give it to jp for doing 24 hour set, and i think this party would've been much better in some another venue. But i still had fun with my friends. :)

and the hate continues.......................its an endless topic this will go back and fourth blahh blahh blahh..... Jp fans Jp haters..... Hes Great or hes Horrible.... GET OVER IT... IT IS WHAT IT IS AND THATS THAT DEAL WITH IT FOLKS.. u dont like him dont go to his shows.... U dont like the "kids" dont go to the shows" if U dont go DONT COMPLAIN.....plain n simple... Geez for a board with all this hate ive sure as hell see alot of threads about JP....Hmmmmm......... Sounds like some people dont want to hand the "clubbing torch" to the next generation if the crowds a crack crowd ohh well..let them be what they do is their bussiness.. Just suck it up and move along...........

honestly i dont hate the guy, but why is this board always focused on JP,JP,JP,JP,JP,JP. God this makes me sick. There is so much more talent out there and yet people don't know about it. Why is that? I mean thanks to these posts now you have a younger generation of kids in their 18 to 20 year old range who hear people like you talk about JP did this right or JP did this wrong and how fucking great Soundfactory used to be. I've been there many times, and I didn't feel the need to make it my religion cause I know there are more important things in life than focusing your life on One venue or jars of Tina for that matter. And the next day these kids think they are his biggest fans and yet they can't even mention one or two releases by him. But they wanna feel cool and try to fit in with the crowd so their main topic becomes JP. I mean if this keeps going this way, then you gonna introduce the younger crowd coming in a pretty fucked up look on today's nightlife. I mean granted NYC loves or hates him, but when I went to Europe for few events this guy was not existant even in the damn record stores. I mean seriously people talk about something else for a change. Not the same bullshit tha never stops, WHO REALLY CARES IF YOU ARE HIS BIGEST FAN OR NOT.....keep it to yourself.

Get outta NYC or take a chance to listen to other DJ's that play here for a change and experience new things.

honestly i dont hate the guy, but why is this board always focused on JP,JP,JP,JP,JP,JP. God this makes me sick. There is so much more talent out there and yet people don't know about it. Why is that? I mean thanks to these posts now you have a younger generation of kids in their 18 to 20 year old range who hear people like you talk about JP did this right or JP did this wrong and how fucking great Soundfactory used to be. I've been there many times, and I didn't feel the need to make it my religion cause I know there are more important things in life than focusing your life on One venue or jars of Tina for that matter. And the next day these kids think they are his biggest fans and yet they can't even mention one or two releases by him. But they wanna feel cool and try to fit in with the crowd so their main topic becomes JP. I mean if this keeps going this way, then you gonna introduce the younger crowd coming in a pretty fucked up look on today's nightlife. I mean granted NYC loves or hates him, but when I went to Europe for few events this guy was not existant even in the damn record stores. I mean seriously people talk about something else for a change. Not the same bullshit tha never stops, WHO REALLY CARES IF YOU ARE HIS BIGEST FAN OR NOT.....keep it to yourself.

Get outta NYC or take a chance to listen to other DJ's that play here for a change and experience new things.

I agree with that. I think people need to listen to some more djs, not to limit it only to jp, or some other dj.

People were giving reviews about how bad the system was, how the bathrooms smell like piss, shit, and trow-up, how there was garbage on the floor, no security check, no live performances on NYE for crying out loud, besides a transvestite who performed on stage, and of course, the entertainment for the night, a washed up DJ, who train wrecks.

Well hello.....McFly...... is there anybody home? People paid money to get into this place. Who wants to ring in the new years in a club filled with garbage, smelling like piss shit and trow up with a Dj who cant hold a beat, and get ripped off?

and then you say people should stop complaining. exposes these people who took your money at the door for what they are, scam artist. Let everyone including the younger kids know the JP parties are a scam, a lie, and that the DJ cant Dj for his life, and that all of JP crowd, is people past their glory days going back to hear songs that came out 10 years ago.

It is no different for a 30 year old to be going to a JP party then it is for a 30 year old to be hanging out at a college bar. And then you have the actual JP fans complain about the children, that the party should be 21 and over. That they should be young, have fun, and bring their glo sticks... get over it! Its you that need to stop going out to 18 and older parties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have turned into that guy that everyone said dont become. someone pushing 30's door down, or 30 something. please grow up. And dont be mad at people for exposing JP and promoters for what they are... SCAM ARTIST

and its funny. how people go on other message boards and complain about what is said here. Boo fucking who. maybe you can pull your scams off over there, at least over here people tell it like it is. And your party sucked, and people are pissed.

I went sober besides some drinks and Iwanted to stay alot longer but i just couldnt take it anymore. Although I thought the venue suited JP very well (there was actually room to dance) the sound was terrible but the crowd had a pretty good vibe. I was there from 11:30 - 9, wanted to stay alot later but I just had enough, I actually fell asleep inside the club for about half hour, it was pretty bad. I heard a shit load of trainwrecks and terrible mixes. I dunno I guess JP forgot how to beatmatch last night or maybe he did too much tina, or it probably was that he didnt do enough. I dont understand, I hope JP's fan (and I am one) are just too fucked up on drugs that they dont care about all the fuck ups and that its not they are so fucked up they dont realize it, because everytime I heard a trainwreck I looked around and it was as if it never happened. At times he killed it but for most of the night it was awful. He did play some good tracks but the mixing was really sub-par. Ill give the night a 5/10, had fun chillin with my boys and what not but come on I fell asleep.

Tracklisting

Bob Sinclair - Love Generation (Antoine Clamaran Mix)

Rune ft. Morten Luco - Nothing New (Steve Mac Vocal)

Jesse Garcia - Lets get Happy (Not sure what mix it was)

A male vocal that Morillo plays all the time, I forget but i think it was Anthony Rother - Father but not positive

Michelle Kelly & JP - Time of Your Life

Deux - Sun Rising Up (Really shitty live remix)

James Mowbray & D. Ramirez - The Day Hip Hop Died (Really shitty live remix)

AVH - My My My (Another shitty live remix)

Roger Sanchez - Turn On The Music (Chumbo's Turn On The Drums Mix)

Plastic Dreams

Boots on The Run (Teased)

Washing Machine

Accapellas

What You Do To Me

All This Time

My Love is Your Love

There are a few more on the tip of my tongue but cant really think of em right now. If they come to mind ill post em up. IM REALLY INTERESTED TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT OF THE MUSIC FROM 11:30 - 9. I really hope JP steps it up for all the people that are gonna be there till 9 pm.

i was there from 8 am till 6 pm for the first hr the music was ok for me not so much my style but after an hr that dude just started going nutz, most songs he literally tore them apart. As far as u saying he did play some good tracks wtf are u talkin about he played hundreds of great tracks. he had me moving so much i just could not calm down and stop dancing now its monday nite and my legs are so sore. I think that the best music i eva heard.

u guys suck jp killed it yesterday i was ther from noon till closing and he was amazing..yes amazing

i agree 300 percent. when he played those kick drums for liek 1 mins same sound ur hearing and then he brings in the elements that shit just gets me going. i thought some tracks he played were just too intense

He sucks/he is god........doesnt matter cause ppl are talking about him,they allways have and it seems with the new gen comin in they allways will.

Ok so his mixing might be off sometimes/or wutever.12 to 24 hours of spinning,he fuck mixes up for all I care.Thats alot of time to put into a party.I mean when you get an inter DJ comin to NYC,you get 4 hours out of them......4 hours of wuts on there latest cd and a couple of classics.They spin records,get paid way to much and then go home.

Yes I go to hear JP and I go to hear alot of other DJ's that come to NYC.There is def alot of great DJ's out there that come here and spin sick music and mixing is fuckin amazing.Yet when JP spins......he delivers his music like no one else.His mixing might be fuckt up,but when your trying to do as many diffrent things to the music as he is...ur mixing might be off.Too have 2 records going and dropping an acca over it,and werqin the effex box at the same time..........to me he is doing more then spinning records.The man plays songs that,when I get them I think I have the wrong mix......or Ill dget the track that ppl were talking about and be like WTF is everyone talking about,god damn JP heads need to get off his dick,this track sucks.Ill hear that same song when he spins it and holy fuck,thats y ppl r talking this track.

Like I said it sucks that JP's crowd is younger,but it allso sucks Im getting older......but there is allways V.I.P or an area you and your friends can take over(and have a good time).It allso sucks that I go out and dont hear any other DJ werq the tracks like JP.As for the ppl who go an complain that it was wack and it sucks an boo hoo..........go rite ahead and give your opion,cause he played long enough for you to say if he was good or not.Unlike these inter.DJ that play for hours and thats it......you cant tell if someone is good or not that night with a 4 hour set,Im sorry they have ppl open up they comin in at the peak of the set and then someone closes for them....................weak.Open your own set build it,hit the peak,and then close it.

i agree 300 percent. when he played those kick drums for liek 1 mins same sound ur hearing and then he brings in the elements that shit just gets me going. i thought some tracks he played were just too intense

thank you..........he delivers his music.

People were giving reviews about how bad the system was, how the bathrooms smell like piss, shit, and trow-up, how there was garbage on the floor, no security check, no live performances on NYE for crying out loud, besides a transvestite who performed on stage, and of course, the entertainment for the night, a washed up DJ, who train wrecks.

Well hello.....McFly...... is there anybody home? People paid money to get into this place. Who wants to ring in the new years in a club filled with garbage, smelling like piss shit and trow up with a Dj who cant hold a beat, and get ripped off?

and then you say people should stop complaining. exposes these people who took your money at the door for what they are, scam artist. Let everyone including the younger kids know the JP parties are a scam, a lie, and that the DJ cant Dj for his life, and that all of JP crowd, is people past their glory days going back to hear songs that came out 10 years ago.

It is no different for a 30 year old to be going to a JP party then it is for a 30 year old to be hanging out at a college bar. And then you have the actual JP fans complain about the children, that the party should be 21 and over. That they should be young, have fun, and bring their glo sticks... get over it! Its you that need to stop going out to 18 and older parties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have turned into that guy that everyone said dont become. someone pushing 30's door down, or 30 something. please grow up. And dont be mad at people for exposing JP and promoters for what they are... SCAM ARTIST

and its funny. how people go on other message boards and complain about what is said here. Boo fucking who. maybe you can pull your scams off over there, at least over here people tell it like it is. And your party sucked, and people are pissed.

your write very well, I do commend you .

but you just sound so jaded, why does it bother you so much ?

did one of the promoters fuck your girl?

i do admit that venue was disgusting and would never go back there.....it def was a comparable to a "rave"

"Shaking Head"!!!!????

I can not understand why ppl blow the fuck up about JP!! I continue to read this thread and just wonder what the big deal is!! If you did not attend "dont comment about the party"!! If you did attend and you continue to hate his party Why do you continue to go?? if you hate it so much?? I do consider myself a fan.... i have been goin to JP for years!! It is my opinion that JP has fell off but i contniue to make the best of it at have fun.... yes musically i am not a dj expert nor will ever be but he did make mistakes but many do!! Ppl clubbing is what you make of it... def. not to sit there an analyze the dj.. i am lucky i feel i have ppl that have the same interests as me and just love the music and to dance.... yes there r crackheads... but they r everywhere and at all clubs that is not goin to change trust me!!

But he is not the only DJ i like.... i love many others just the same.. If you consider yourself a music lover how could you close yourself off to just one or a couple.... that is not a music lover at all cause you are missing out #1 on many other great talent... and #2 i will contniue to support the underground talent that i continue to hear!! i will not name drop but there are many DJS up an comin that have excellant talent!!

To RAY RAY!! I did state some harsh things earlier!! which may have been alittle much .... BUT i do stand by what i said to the fact that if you did not go how do you have a review?? you may dislike or even hate JP but why bring that negativity to the review?? But if that is what you want to do well fine i guess... Enough of the internet fighting!! K Bro!! Im Cool!! i just feel that the negativity is part of why the scene is garbage right now!! plus other factors but that is a different subject!!

I think i said enough plus i need to go back to doing my work!! Hope everyone enjoyed there New Years!!

"Shaking Head"!!!!????

I can not understand why ppl blow the fuck up about JP!! I continue to read this thread and just wonder what the big deal is!! If you did not attend "dont comment about the party"!! If you did attend and you continue to hate his party Why do you continue to go?? if you hate it so much?? I do consider myself a fan.... i have been goin to JP for years!! It is my opinion that JP has fell off but i contniue to make the best of it at have fun.... yes musically i am not a dj expert nor will ever be but he did make mistakes but many do!! Ppl clubbing is what you make of it... def. not to sit there an analyze the dj.. i am lucky i feel i have ppl that have the same interests as me and just love the music and to dance.... yes there r crackheads... but they r everywhere and at all clubs that is not goin to change trust me!!

But he is not the only DJ i like.... i love many others just the same.. If you consider yourself a music lover how could you close yourself off to just one or a couple.... that is not a music lover at all cause you are missing out #1 on many other great talent... and #2 i will contniue to support the underground talent that i continue to hear!! i will not name drop but there are many DJS up an comin that have excellant talent!!

To RAY RAY!! I did state some harsh things earlier!! which may have been alittle much .... BUT i do stand by what i said to the fact that if you did not go how do you have a review?? you may dislike or even hate JP but why bring that negativity to the review?? But if that is what you want to do well fine i guess... Enough of the internet fighting!! K Bro!! Im Cool!! i just feel that the negativity is part of why the scene is garbage right now!! plus other factors but that is a different subject!!

I think i said enough plus i need to go back to doing my work!! Hope everyone enjoyed there New Years!!

hey carmine.. dont pay no mind to rayray69.. all he does is read charts listed by other djs and claims those are the songs he likes at the moment.. guy is a total poser and thinks he knows about music but is rather clueless.... i would ignore that ignoramus like the rest of the trash that posts here.

I want to know how they even got over there

wasn't those blocks closed off ?

parking and all that must have been hell, and I think they did checkpoints to search bags, so the lines must have been crazy

Thats what I was saying.. it was slam in the middle of all the madness.

people must have had to of taken subways..

i'd never go thru that much effort, im wayy to lazy in my 'OLD AGE'

Thats what I was saying.. it was slam in the middle of all the madness.

people must have had to of taken subways..

i'd never go thru that much effort, im wayy to lazy in my 'OLD AGE'

yeah I mean your 27, grow up already

we should be home watching re-runs and eating dinner at 2 in the afternoon