Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Victor Calderon - most overrated dj period

Instead of doin the usual JP thang, wanted to try something different...usually, I would only hear Victor for an hour just to get a taste and leave cause I'm not big on afterhours....HOWEVER

Sheldon Romero's latest CD is SICKER SOBER than Victor Calderone live & really effed up...sorry VC fans

Maybe it was me but I really didnt feel any vibe in the place although it was pretty packed at that time (8-11) but I really couldnt stand it anymore waiting around for it to 'pick up'

However, whenever a new track came on, random guys would be hootin and hollaring and naming the tracks ...kinda like being at a gay version of a JP party...if that makes any sense

or maybe it gets better really late in the afternoon, but I had to bounce at 11since I was there since 12...cool thing is I was chillin with all my friends we had a safe and happy new year and I guess that's what counts. ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boris killed it IMO

Boris was really good from 5-8 I will def. give him that....Victor coming on just ruined it

Boris was boring earlier but I believe the nasty drinking crowd had alot to do with it - no vibe whatsoever, no one dancing, just a bunch of fat girls in black party dresses and costume jewelry PUKING all over the place...absolutley disgusting...place reaked of vomit and not to mention nasty ugly guys grabbing and groping us...I havent been violated like that since back in the days of Hunka Bunka

Boris was really good from 5-8 I will def. give him that....Victor coming on just ruined it

Boris was boring earlier but I believe the nasty drinking crowd had alot to do with it - no vibe whatsoever, no one dancing, just a bunch of fat girls in black party dresses and costume jewelry PUKING all over the place...absolutley disgusting...place reaked of vomit and nasty ugly guys grabbing and groping us...I havent been violated like that since back in the days of Hunka Bunka

yeah that is cause of open bar.

I mean remember it is NYE .....lots of randoms come out to play

see I love tribal, so I can listen to it all day and not get bored,

is it me or did Boris throw in some dirty, filthy techno tracks?? ...really made my night

Come to think of it, I think he played more tech than Carl Cox the last time he was at Crobar

is it me or did Boris throw in some dirty, filthy techno tracks?? ...really made my night

Come to think of it, I think he played more tech than Carl Cox the last time he was at Crobar

yeah he had a shit load new bombs he dropped last night .....some very techy

I can't speak for 8am-11am, but from 2:30pm to 5:30pm he was amazing --and I'm not a VC fan at all usually (too monotonous). But today he was relentless and the energy in that room was up there too. I thought it was a total success when I was there (and the crowd seemed to think the same). Maybe you went to early?

im sorry but i have to disagree victor is the fkin man he ripped that shit from the moment i walked in at 9 am and i closed it out the day flew by

simply amazing droping the deep dark trible beats

played work this pussy into his version of 8 letters sick

i think who ever said hes garbage must have been on to many drugs

played work this pussy into his version of 8 letters sick

i think who ever said hes garbage must have been on to many drugs

That's exactly when I left...I heard Boris play Work This Pussy just a few hours earlier and wasnt in the mood to hear it again

I never said he was garbage, just overrated, the problem was I wasnt on any drugs at that point

I think BackupQueen is right, I must have been there too early

I really like Superchumbo's "EVERYTHING YOU" ...cant remember which mix though :(

It was Alex Santer's remix.

Don't know how Victor was earlier on in the night as I showed up later, but his set was excellent during the time I was there.

That's exactly when I left...I heard Boris play Work This Pussy just a few hours earlier and wasnt in the mood to hear it again

I never said he was garbage, just overrated, the problem was I wasnt on any drugs at that point

maybe ur drugs just were off and u were cranky... maybe u just dont like vc's style.. i got there at 11am... i was the ONLY girl online with about 30 guys.. a lot of ppl came to hear him after junior. So his crowd really didnt get to hear songs that boris played. u should of went later.. i had an amazing time.. and i was sober from 11am - 3pm .. then i just got really drunk cause the bar opened up..

u also have to liek those deep hard tribal beats he just keeps bringthem to u non stop(which i love) i think he is underrated to be honest with u

vc is the man and i don't care what negative comments you have to say about him....

b4 anyone wants to judge a dj you really need to stay for the entire set...so you can actually hear a build up.

i give vc all the respect in the world....the guy is like a flawless machine when he plays..

if you didnt stay for his whole set you really shouldnt try to give a review on a few hours of the night...

so anyone who was there for the whole night start posting your reviews,because if you know what happen at the end of the night.....

you will look at victor with a diff. view

vc is very under rated

he ripped crobar and made it night to remember

Got there at 11 30 am sunday and VC was ok then around 12 30 till 5 when I left he ripped it he was awesome.

yep i got there at 11am.. and felt like it took like an hour or so for me to really get into it... but after that it was non-stop. Im usually more for vocals, but he didnt play them til MUCH later. He was also throwing songs like house of god and laugh, songs i grew up to in the 90's. I really had a great time.

he closed with Aint nobody.. and his wife and son were in the booth.. he put the headphones on his son, and made him press the buttons to play the last song. LOL my kids will be listening to his son

yep i got there at 11am.. and felt like it took like an hour or so for me to really get into it... but after that it was non-stop. Im usually more for vocals, but he didnt play them til MUCH later. He was also throwing songs like house of god and laugh, songs i grew up to in the 90's. I really had a great time.

he closed with Aint nobody.. and his wife and son were in the booth.. he put the headphones on his son, and made him press the buttons to play the last song. LOL my kids will be listening to his son

that was a crobar moment...we were all in the booth and ramp with vc.

his little son is not only the youngest dj to rock out crobar but got to close up a nye jam....the kid is my idle,lol.........

he was rocking the filters knobs at crobar on nye in nyc..how sick is that

such a great way to bring in the new year