Clubplanet Nightlife Community

raves were never even cool to begin with

theplant

what do you guys consider to be a rave?... i always thought they were outlaw parties in the forest or at abandoned warehouses. then i have some people telling me space was a rave.

Outer space rave? that would be off the hook. Dancing on the rings of Saturn...

You back on the sauce?

i disagree. i grew up on raves and i wouldn't've had it any other way. the people i met, the times i had, and the music i got to hear were all great gifts, even though they took some work on my part to find.

and, crowina, i don't think they have to be illegal to be considered raves. to me, what defined them were longassed parties that went till past sunup that had more than a few djs. i went to a bunch of illegal ones when i was in l.a., but they got broken up a lot and were sometimes broken up by the time we got there, even though we had paid for the map to get there. when people finally got permits, everything was much nicer. and i never went to an illegal one in new york; all the ones i went to were held in big venues (in the bridge or even outside the city for really big ones) or small clubs. new york and l.a. had (and still have) very different scenes, and a lot of that is due to the fact that parties in nyc were 18 and over and out here they're mostly all ages. the all ages parties bring out a super-lame vibe from kids who are just there to get fucked up beyond recognition, but i've found that the vibe in nyc clubs is more rude and poserish than anything else.

to sum up and stop writing so much, i liked the vibe at new york raves when i was over 18 and i like the vibe at l.a. clubs now (after 18, as well). new york clubgoers have been consistently unpleasant towards me, and the vibe at l.a. raves is not much fun.

its a play on words that i'm just curious what other people think.

whats the diffrence between a rave and a party?

i disagree. i grew up on raves and i wouldn't've had it any other way. the people i met, the times i had, and the music i got to hear were all great gifts, even though they took some work on my part to find.

and, crowina, i don't think they have to be illegal to be considered raves. to me, what defined them were longassed parties that went till past sunup that had more than a few djs. i went to a bunch of illegal ones when i was in l.a., but they got broken up a lot and were sometimes broken up by the time we got there, even though we had paid for the map to get there. when people finally got permits, everything was much nicer. and i never went to an illegal one in new york; all the ones i went to were held in big venues (in the bridge or even outside the city for really big ones) or small clubs. new york and l.a. had (and still have) very different scenes, and a lot of that is due to the fact that parties in nyc were 18 and over and out here they're mostly all ages. the all ages parties bring out a super-lame vibe from kids who are just there to get fucked up beyond recognition, but i've found that the vibe in nyc clubs is more rude and poserish than anything else.

to sum up and stop writing so much, i liked the vibe at new york raves when i was over 18 and i like the vibe at l.a. clubs now (after 18, as well). new york clubgoers have been consistently unpleasant towards me, and the vibe at l.a. raves is not much fun.

its a play on words that i'm just curious what other people think.

whats the diffrence between a rave and a party?

there's no difference between a rave and a party. actually, we always called raves parties. when my friends and i go to see djs at clubs, though, we don't call those parties. we just say we're "going to deep dish," or whomever; isn't that what you do?

no i called the outlaws "raves" and anything else that was in a venue a "party"

there's no difference between a rave and a party. actually, we always called raves parties. when my friends and i go to see djs at clubs, though, we don't call those parties. we just say we're "going to deep dish," or whomever; isn't that what you do?