Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Equipment Question

shroomy

OK here is what's happening,

No matter what channel I plug my decks into, the right channel is just a little higher than the left, and this happens to both my decks and I've tried changing cartridges.

If I plug a CDJ into the same channel, they are dead on.

Its not really noticeable besides the level meter's (you cant really hear it) but it bugs me.

Anyone have a clue what it could be? If it were only one deck, i would just chalk it up to the deck, but to have both of them have the same problem seems like too much of a coincidence.

No matter what channel I plug my decks into, the right channel is just a little higher than the left, and this happens to both my decks and I've tried changing cartridges.

Its not really noticeable besides the level meter's (you cant really hear it) but it bugs me.

Anyone have a clue what it could be? If it were only one deck, i would just chalk it up to the deck, but to have both of them have the same problem seems like too much of a coincidence.

Leave dj'ing to people who know what the equipment actually is :laugh:

Did you check that all your pan (balance) knobs are in the neutral detent? Also check to make sure your RCA connections are snug. :D

Did you check that all your pan (balance) knobs are in the neutral detent? Also check to make sure your RCA connections are snug. :D

yeah, check that thanks, the RCA'a are as snug as i can make them and since they are hard connected to the decks, I cant just switch em.

try cleaning the needles, and the headset :)

I have the same problem with my TTs and mixer. The only suggestion I have is to deal with it and keep the Master Balance in neutral position, but pan the balance a little to the left on each individual turntable channel.

Try googling your inquiry.

I have the same problem with my TTs and mixer. The only suggestion I have is to deal with it and keep the Master Balance in neutral position, but pan the balance a little to the left on each individual turntable channel.

Try googling your inquiry.

You have the same problem with your TTs??? Have you tried excercising??? :biggrin:

You know your 'cross fader' is assignable to each channel, try assigning the 'cross fader' to the right channel or, to save you all that trouble just turn the 'cross fader' switch to 'off'.

I hope this help.

You know your 'cross fader' is assignable to each channel, try assigning the 'cross fader' to the right channel or, to save you all that trouble just turn the 'cross fader' switch to 'off'.

I hope this help.

thanks.

but the cross fader assign is off, and to make it clear it is the ballance that is off, the right speaker is a tiny bit louder than the left. and it happens no matter if i plug the decks into any of the four channels.

Im going to try to clean everything like Jimmy said

thanks for all the ideas guys ..... except koky your still a bitch

Try reversing the R & L (Red & White) RCA connections and see if the problem switches over....

Then you can try the actual headshell and needle you are using.. this is a common problem w/ needles are worn out or lean to one side of the record (if so, try to lighten the weight load on the tonearm and see if its still there or change the headshells)

Hope this helps

B~