Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Erick Morillo at Late Night Empire Feb. 3rd

vegasguy25

I'm gonna be in town for a bachelor party that weekend.

You guys have any more info on this club? The guys I'm with are more into hip hop than house... Is there another room that plays hip hop?

How late will this party go? Is it after-hours? If so I'll prob. just ditch my friends and head to this. lol

I can't miss Morillo while I'm in Vegas.

There is usually a smaller room in the back that plays hip-hop - although the last time I was there on NYE they were playing house too.

My guess is he'll go on somewhere in the range of 3-4 am and play until 9 or 10 (maybe later if there is still a good crowd) - yes this is afterhours and it puts Drais to shame. It's everything Vegas lacked in the form of afterhours - Big Name DJ's - big room - great vibe for a Vegas club

I'm def. gonna try and hit this up. I just hope I can convince my friends to go too.

Considering the other options at that hour are sleeping, strip clubs or gambling, it probably won't be too tough of a sell. I was at Late Night Empire this past Saturday night, and it rocks. And there was no hip hop to be heard, which was such a relief in this town.

Considering the other options at that hour are sleeping, strip clubs or gambling, it probably won't be too tough of a sell. I was at Late Night Empire this past Saturday night, and it rocks. And there was no hip hop to be heard, which was such a relief in this town.

Only other option is Drai's. But I'd rather go to this so somebody give me some ammo on why Empire is better than Drai's. I'm visiting that weekend, but my bro lives there and I'll need to convince him and his girl (who are Drai's loyalists!!) that this is a better option.

Empire Ballroom is a club. Drai's is a restaurant that happens to stay open late for afterhours. There really is no comparison, so it comes down to what you are looking for. You won't find better music this night than at Empire, I assure you. If you want to go to the best party that will happen that weekend, go to Empire Ballroom. Erick Morillo is one of the best in the business.

vegasguy25 hits the nail on the head. Drai's is a place you go to hang out afterhours, meet people, perhaps dance a tony bit. Empire is a nightclub that targets afterhours, you go there to dance and/or dig the music. They're equally good and fun in their own respects.

If someone is a Drai's "loyalist" then I don't think there's anything that anyone could say about Empire to make them thing it's any better. However, if your bro lives out there and goes to Drai's that much, then I'd hope he wouldn't mind taking a night off to head over to Empire. For that matter, if he's a regular he can probalby get in/out of Drai's without much difficulty, he could always do one then the other.

Better yet, why not spend one night at each?

Oh, and I forgot to say that the others above are absolutelygoddamnright about Morillo... no club allegiance should be so big that it keeps someone away from one of his gigs.

Y'all...

My group has the Main Table side stage for EM's show. Stop by and say Hi!

We are being told that he is contractually obligated to perform from 12 Midnight until 8AM. (What a beast he is to play a pulse pounding 8 hour set)

Farsheed is opening at about 10PM or so. EM wanted to play later but Management has declined to open the patio for numerous reasons mostly due to cold weather. Expect Empire to stay open later after EM's show is over with a local resident picking up for EM.(Farsheed or Joey Mazzola?)

FYI....Morillo's following is epic on the Left Coast. Expect many Southern and Northern Californian's to make the trek.

When you combine his loyal following with the fact that it's Superbowl Weekend and many tourists will be in town "looking for something to do" on Friday night....it's going to get ridiculous quickly.

My "possee" has been officially notified to arrive early. We plan on being at our table by 11:30PM at the latest. Evidently the websites and LNE will start advertising within the next day or so the time EM is going to start his set. I believe their "sell" is to get people to plan their entire night there rather than as a normal "After Hours" meeting spot.

From a marketing standpoint, it's a good idea.

See you there. "If your lucky".

Holla!

Yeah, Morillo is no joke. If he was playing anywhere it wouldn't matter. You should go see him instead of what you normally do.

I, unfortunately will be there late, so I'm gonna probably be stuck in line for awhile. Just hope I don't miss much.

As for the closing time, Morillo is spinning @ Pacha in NYC on the 4th, so that might have something to do with his departure time.

What is the dresscode at this club?

Interesting - so far everything I've seen including the website says doors open at 2am - I guess if you are going to pay all that $$ for Morillo (which I'm sure is a TON) you might as well have him play for 8 hours.

Keep this board posted if anyone sees or hears the official anouncement

Y'all...

We are being told that he is contractually obligated to perform from 12 Midnight until 8AM. (What a beast he is to play a pulse pounding 8 hour set)

Farsheed is opening at about 10PM or so. EM wanted to play later but Management has declined to open the patio for numerous reasons mostly due to cold weather. Expect Empire to stay open later after EM's show is over with a local resident picking up for EM.(Farsheed or Joey Mazzola?)

FYI....Morillo's following is epic on the Left Coast. Expect many Southern and Northern Californian's to make the trek.

When you combine his loyal following with the fact that it's Superbowl Weekend and many tourists will be in town "looking for something to do" on Friday night....it's going to get ridiculous quickly.

My "possee" has been officially notified to arrive early. We plan on being at our table by 11:30PM at the latest. Evidently the websites and LNE will start advertising within the next day or so the time EM is going to start his set. I believe their "sell" is to get people to plan their entire night there rather than as a normal "After Hours" meeting spot.

Holla!

Y'all...

Holla!

We really appreciate everyone's enthusiasm regarding this booking!

I'm curious to know who sold you your table because you've been misinformed?

I will clarify the night's details so as to avoid any confusion

Late Night Empire begins at 2am on Fridays

Faarsheed has opening spot

Morillo spins 4am-9am minimum

Keith Evan & Carlos Sanchez are in the back room

Patio is closed

Anyone interested in a table please email me at rsvp@latenightempire.com

Crap. No dice on cheapie fares on Southwest or Frontier, everything sold out at the moment. Crossing fingers for a last-second miracle fare. :deal:

ukjay, one of these days we'll bump into each other.

everyone else... don't even think about missing Morillo!