Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CRAZE this thursday... One of the greatest turntablist in the world!!

detn8or

Just wondering Vegas's opinion on Craze cause everyone is on the chopping block on the this message board, Vegas has such a minimal underground/urban culture, hip-hop/DnB/ even EDM, but you all seem to know whats up..

Is Craze a real DJ?? He does use Final Scratch (its not what you use its how you use it)??

posterforprint.jpg

Is this a rhetorical question? DJ Craze is more than just a DJ. He's an artist that produce beats, master of turntablism, a performer, and also ITF and DMC world champion many times. He used vinyl before Final Scratch came out.

I can't believe that he's actually going to be here. I just hope that there will be a lot of support for this event. I wonder what kind of a show he's going to pull, it's going to be off the hook.

Craze is very damn talented. Seen him do a couple of gigs and he's always nailed it. Last time was at a club in Denver when the NBA all-star game was here. Insane set.

For the most part I think this board and quite a few people in Vegas have serious respect for this guy. Big question will be whether folks turn out for the gig or not.

In any event, kudos to ICE for booking non-electronic talent like Craze. And bully on the other clubs for not booking artists like this a little more often.

i've seen him play on decks and it was crazy/awesome. i'd be curious to see how well final scratch works on that kind of high-speed cutting and scratching....but he seems happy with it.

I'm thinking he might just bring couple of battle records to scratch with and do an intro with, and then he'll just use final scratch to mix dnb.

Hey detn8or, don't know if you are aware of the female breaks and dnb duel. Check them out @ http://www.twiceasnicedjs.com/tanhome.htm. Would love to see them play live.

Nobody on this message board has been attacking DJs for using final scratch or Serato EXCEPT Mr. Freeze of the Rock Steady Crew (and he isn't even a DJ himself). The rest of us "in the know" already realize that the software does not "cheat" as Mr. Freeze puts it; all it does is eliminate the need to handle and switch individual records.

i've seen him play on decks and it was crazy/awesome. i'd be curious to see how well final scratch works on that kind of high-speed cutting and scratching....but he seems happy with it.

Well I own and use Final Scratch 2, which is able to handle the high speed scratching abilities of alot of beat jugglers and turntablists. Serato is a very sweet and precise system as well.. but both systems are only as good as you set them up to be.. the correct stylus for your type of work.. correct counterbalance adjustment,correct system specs and tweaks even down to the slip mats.

Although I dont scratch myself because I am a house and progressive house DJ (YES I can scratch before anyone decides to say anything, I just dont see a purpose for it with my music) I havent really put the system to a full blown 2 or 3 hour set of scratch and juggling.

Great topic though..

Nobody on this message board has been attacking DJs for using final scratch or Serato EXCEPT Mr. Freeze of the Rock Steady Crew (and he isn't even a DJ himself). The rest of us "in the know" already realize that the software does not "cheat" as Mr. Freeze puts it; all it does is eliminate the need to handle and switch individual records.
Hay Wack Box Don't turn my words around you widdle wooser

Craze is a DMC world champion...

He can,and has proven his self as a true DJ you apple eating looser...

Its just your boy thats wack...no one else just your boy...Oh and you.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

Well I own and use Final Scratch 2, which is able to handle the high speed scratching abilities of alot of beat jugglers and turntablists. Serato is a very sweet and precise system as well.. but both systems are only as good as you set them up to be.. the correct stylus for your type of work.. correct counterbalance adjustment,correct system specs and tweaks even down to the slip mats.

Although I dont scratch myself because I am a house and progressive house DJ (YES I can scratch before anyone decides to say anything, I just dont see a purpose for it with my music) I havent really put the system to a full blown 2 or 3 hour set of scratch and juggling.

Great topic though..

The best way to "scratch" with House music is to use other samples than ahhs and fresh....and also use delay or echo, it works wonders.

It was a great night!!! Craze ripped it up!!!

I went there a little late...so I didn't catch other djs' set. But Craze was awsome. He scratched just enough, he quick mixed just right, he even played other genre of music like (Bell Biv Devo, Digital Underground, Beatsie Boys, Nas, and other such great artists). No, it was not remixed, they were the original songs, which I think it broke up the monotony of the dnb beats.

Can't wait for the next event.