Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PACHA bookings heating up . . .

You guys are funny. yur arguing about Pacha with a guy named "diddyscity". He's just a moron promoter who's pushing "diddysclub". Pacha sucks and the staff is completely rude and obnoxious. So I don't care who they bring in to spin.

place is en fuego . . . .zabiela, maas, sven, morillo, lawler . . .are you kidding me with this lineup???? . . .crobar sucking wind imo . . .wonder if they are doing a music conference party as well???

you're a fucking moron...why try to promote a new club by bashing another club that has been going strong every weekend for a while now

i hope somebody stabs you with an AIDS needle....KILL YOURSELF :blown:

Bro, pull your head out of your ass for just one second. Crobar is packed every night, regardless of who is spinning, so they're obviously doing something right. And their upcoming lineup is pretty stellar.

Roger Sanchez

Sander Kleinenberg

Chus and Ceballos

Deep Dish

Peter Bailey/Santana

Add Behrouz to that list and it's complete. His nights at Crobar have been simply amazing (Dont forget Danny Tenaglia as well).

You guys are funny. yur arguing about Pacha with a guy named "diddyscity". He's just a moron promoter who's pushing "diddysclub". Pacha sucks and the staff is completely rude and obnoxious. So I don't care who they bring in to spin.

another worthless post ... so much hate .. for no reason .. just because its new.

Why is there always hate towards new places!? Dont you want options!? Dont you want another place, bringing in new talent?! Everyone on this board at one time or another has had a problem with crobar. So what, you still went back and now are here bashing a place that is just trying to give you one thing .. CHOICE!!

When has crobar ever booked lawler, or Sven Vath? well !? DONT YOU LIKE HAVING THAT OPTION!? so then ... why continue trying to ruin the place? You just want crobar to run the city? ... so the next time there is a great party they can raise the price at the door to whatever they want because guess what ... everyone just couldnt stand Pacha for no good reason !

speaking of lawler.. you're right saying that he should go back with his sound to 99-02. i heard his essential mix from last year and it SUCKED big time. there were some great electro track and beats - but as a whole package it just didn't work for me. ...and the lights out 3 sucked too.

Your insaine Lawler is the fuckin man!!!!! The new lights out might have been the best CD in 05.

another worthless post ... so much hate .. for no reason .. just because its new.

Why is there always hate towards new places!? Dont you want options!? Dont you want another place, bringing in new talent?! Everyone on this board at one time or another has had a problem with crobar. So what, you still went back and now are here bashing a place that is just trying to give you one thing .. CHOICE!!

When has crobar ever booked lawler, or Sven Vath? well !? DONT YOU LIKE HAVING THAT OPTION!? so then ... why continue trying to ruin the place? You just want crobar to run the city? ... so the next time there is a great party they can raise the price at the door to whatever they want because guess what ... everyone just couldnt stand Pacha for no good reason !

Whoa...chill out. First of all "so much hate .. for no reason .. just because its new" is bullshit. I have reasons and it has nothing to do with whether it is new or not.

The best way for me to explain it is to use this analogy:

A GREAT chef opens up this new restaurant. You've tried the food of this chef many times and you really like it. You go to the restaurant and you realize that the service really fucking sucks. I mean, you made a reservation and you were forced to wait 3 hours. You end up eating dinner at 11pm but only after giving the concierge a $100 just so you can get your seat...that you have reservations for. Then, when you order food..it doesn't arrive for another hour. All of this on your birthday with friends who came to visit you from out of town.

Sure, I like the food. But I'm not going back to the restaurant. There are plenty of other places to find good food. Choices are abundant. I'M the customer of a club...not the other way around. I'm spending money and they provide me with a service. If I spend money and I get nothing in return for it, why would I go back and spend it there again?

So back up and check yourself. Pacha has a lot of learn. NYC is full of clubs that provide good music. Just because you're new doesn't mean you can shit on everyone that makes a place successful. Without us, the club is nothing.

Now...after some time, if I start hearing some better stories of the place...maybe I'll give it a shot. But for now, I'm not going to be the one to risk having a bad night on a place that isn't being reviewed very well AND having experience first hand a very bad night.

Both clubs have spectacular lineups! Crobar in March is crazy w/ Cattaneo, Digweed, Calderone, Tenaglia! As far as Pacha Morillo/Zabiela = bliss :) Both have superb talent.. cheers to NYC for having such a diverse scene of heavy hitters.

I will have to agree somewhat with the thread starter, after seeing Deep Dish and Sander K numerous times I've thoroughly been bored and almost never impressed, maybe I need to venture to NYC to hear a decent set though :=p

NYC needs to bring in DIFFERENT DJ'S, the ones they bring in are good, but they all played here countless times. There are many other DJ's that (i guess) would ove to play in NYC.

I only been to Pacha once and have a good time with no problems with the staff. Only been to Crobar for DT parties and their bouncers are :rolleyes:

Doesnt matter what club it is, it is ALL about the DJ. :bong:

NYC needs to bring in DIFFERENT DJ'S, the ones they bring in are good, but they all played here countless times. There are many other DJ's that (i guess) would ove to play in NYC.

I only been to Pacha once and have a good time with no problems with the staff. Only been to Crobar for DT parties and their bouncers are :rolleyes:

Doesnt matter what club it is, it is ALL about the DJ. :bong:

I used to think so too. But not anymore. It's not just about the DJ. Yeah sure, the DJ is the reason I even consider going to a particular club. It sparks the interest. And a GREAT DJ can overcome most things. But a shitty vibe and environment created by shitty staff can ruin the night, regardless of the DJ. Crobar had is right, they stumbled a bit recently but they seem to be getting back together again. I stopped going to Crobar a few months ago because the staff suddenly started copping an attitude. But when I went a few weeks ago, the staff was back to being their friendly selves. So I consider the few months in between to be a "fluke" and not the norm.

I'll probably hit a few of the parties in March. We'll see then.

I will just continue to say that as great as the talent has been at Crobar, they havent rarely diversify themselves from the usual big names that bring in big crowds .... Pacha is bring in some names that havent need to be brought in to NYC a bit more often .. and also a few names that are going to win over the crowds with great music and that sound system that is oh so sweet ...