Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JAMES ZABIELA @ PACHA :: Friday February 17

ZABIELA_EMAIL.jpg

Friday February 17

Pacha New York & Rhythmism.com Presents...

international superstar dj

JAMES ZABIELA [5 HOUR SET]

+ NYC locals in the basement with SLEEPY & BOO [basic nyc]

Doors Open 10pm

Tables Reservations & More info 212.209.7500

Get on the Clubplanet guestlist.

http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/default.asp?gl=4006

Pacha New York

618 W.46th Street NYC

Guest onisakura
ROBOTS!!!!!!!!! TRYING TO KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Know its old now, but I hope he drops that!!!!

Im sure he will!!! I can't wait....im there.

James’ growing ability to bridge the experimental and club worlds embodies a sound that presents a dancefloor take on techy and minimal progressive house, with just enough breaks to keep the funk oozing in and futuristic sci-fi elements that may just induce its own robophobia.

Not to be missed!

Guest onisakura
James’ growing ability to bridge the experimental and club worlds embodies a sound that presents a dancefloor take on techy and minimal progressive house, with just enough breaks to keep the funk oozing in and futuristic sci-fi elements that may just induce its own robophobia.

Not to be missed!

On point.

Guest onisakura
I have never seen him live, but from the sets I have, That is the only person I can compare him too. Not being a smart ass in anyway, Who would you compare him too.

Cant really compare him to anyone really. He's in a class of his own. Starstuff's quotes are on point though. Check him out, you won't be disappointed.

I have never seen him live, but from the sets I have, That is the only person I can compare him too. Not being a smart ass in anyway, Who would you compare him too.
exactly.. cant really compare him to anyone..

in a league of his own...

comparing him to the sander of the past three years is an insult.

Guest onisakura
This might be a far stretch for some but it's whats been said before --

If you listen carefully you'll hear the lad abusing Pioneer’s CDJ1000s like a junior Jeff Mills for the post-Technics generation - scratches, loops, reverses etc

Nah not a stretch, he pushes them to the limits. Someone needs to post the Utilities video...

Guest onisakura

Bio:

Knowing what a great track should sound like - and the place it can be taken by warping and twisting it - is James Zabiela's forte. Layering different sounds with the aid of two Pioneer CDJ1000s, a Pioneer DJM600, his hands and ears don't let up for a second, leaving any punters feet a-moving and mouth a-gap. And his demands for such kit wherever he spins is a reminder that he's one of the scant few DJs who's pushing things forward in 03.

James's style is trippy, bleepy and deeply - nay, downright - groovy. Oh, and watch out for a few gnarly basslines along the way. Those nasty, dirty sounds are a part of Jay-Z's signature sound now. Scratches, loops, fluttering chord changes and are all par for the course in a Zabiela set. No wonder childhood idols Depeche Mode remain his heroes - like fellow tech-house don Mathew Bushwacka!, they all understand that the best electronic music moves both heart and feet. And if the magic’s there, the spirit will fly as well. And boy does this boy soar.

James' career so far has been stratospheric to say the least. After winning Muzik Magazine's Bedroom Bedlam competition with a string of well-placed mix tapes in 2000, he went on to win the award for Best Bedroom Bedlam DJ at The Muzik Awards one year later. Swiftly snapped up by Sasha's Excession agency a few weeks later, he spent the next year taking on Eastern Europe, Australia, South America and the US of A while still finding time to record well-received CDs for Groovetech, Hooj and unleash a string of fine remixes along the way. Royksopp, Virgin Souls and End Recordings artist Dave Breannan have all been under the Zabiela scalpel - and more are on their way.

Quote:

"In terms of DJ equipment, Pioneer are the Pioneers. Their CDJ1000MKII has revolutionized the way I DJ. I can now manipulate music live in way I never thought possible. Coupled with my EFX500 unit which never leaves my side I can bring more of performance aspect to my DJing. Making it not only more unique experience for the people that come to see me but a whole load of fun for me! Gotta love those orange buttons..."

Web site:

www.jameszabiela.co.uk

http://www.djsounds.com/dj/content/djs/Zabiela.html

Bio:

Knowing what a great track should sound like - and the place it can be taken by warping and twisting it - is James Zabiela's forte. Layering different sounds with the aid of two Pioneer CDJ1000s, a Pioneer DJM600, his hands and ears don't let up for a second, leaving any punters feet a-moving and mouth a-gap. And his demands for such kit wherever he spins is a reminder that he's one of the scant few DJs who's pushing things forward in 03.

James's style is trippy, bleepy and deeply - nay, downright - groovy. Oh, and watch out for a few gnarly basslines along the way. Those nasty, dirty sounds are a part of Jay-Z's signature sound now. Scratches, loops, fluttering chord changes and are all par for the course in a Zabiela set. No wonder childhood idols Depeche Mode remain his heroes - like fellow tech-house don Mathew Bushwacka!, they all understand that the best electronic music moves both heart and feet. And if the magic’s there, the spirit will fly as well. And boy does this boy soar.

James' career so far has been stratospheric to say the least. After winning Muzik Magazine's Bedroom Bedlam competition with a string of well-placed mix tapes in 2000, he went on to win the award for Best Bedroom Bedlam DJ at The Muzik Awards one year later. Swiftly snapped up by Sasha's Excession agency a few weeks later, he spent the next year taking on Eastern Europe, Australia, South America and the US of A while still finding time to record well-received CDs for Groovetech, Hooj and unleash a string of fine remixes along the way. Royksopp, Virgin Souls and End Recordings artist Dave Breannan have all been under the Zabiela scalpel - and more are on their way.

Quote:

"In terms of DJ equipment, Pioneer are the Pioneers. Their CDJ1000MKII has revolutionized the way I DJ. I can now manipulate music live in way I never thought possible. Coupled with my EFX500 unit which never leaves my side I can bring more of performance aspect to my DJing. Making it not only more unique experience for the people that come to see me but a whole load of fun for me! Gotta love those orange buttons..."

Web site:

www.jameszabiela.co.uk

http://www.djsounds.com/dj/content/djs/Zabiela.html

this guy is untouchable on the efx unit, seems like a big inspiration for a lot of people considering he made it djing through a competition