Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Favorite store to shop at for clothes...

First off Bang Bang and H&M have the shittiest quality of clothing I have seen in my life. Yeah some of it may look "OK", but the quality really sucks. I don't mind spending the extra $$$ for quality. My personal choices would be (in no particular order): Theory and BCBG (at Bloomies or Saks). For chill gear: Diesel and French Connection.

------------------

The only difference between a saint and a sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.....Oscar Wilde

Diva -

that's one of my favorite routes for shoe shopping. Down 8th, then down broadway. There must be 20 good shoe stores there, but I usually stop at Wheelz and lay down the credit card. I think I've bought 6 pair of shoes in the 7 months that I've lived in NYC.

And, there is a bulk candy store in the middle. bonus.

DM

Originally posted by divalicious:

Ugh, what is with your "B&T" BS! You, and those like you, need to get off of those sorry high horses. Do you really believe that you are somehow better than all the people who choose to live outside of Manhattan?

Anyway...

My shopping route on a nice day takes me east bound on W 8 St, from 6 Av... I pop in and out of just about every other store. Then turn right on Broadway SoHo bound, popping in and out. Too many stores to name, but if you go that way, there's no way you'll go home with nothing new to wear for work or play or whatever.

atrium or diesel...

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

Sats:

12/16 - Arena, Albany NY

12/23 - Webster Hall

12/30 - Webster Hall

1/13 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

1/14 - Phillidelphia (Location TBA)

Sat Dec. 23rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Well i like a store where i can find something that fits. that pretty much means i'm screwed unless i frequent gap kids...hee hee...but i sometimes get lucky at Macy's, Bloomies and Nordstrom. I've started to venture into Abercrombie (the kid's A&F). At this point I'm not fussy. If it fits, I'll wear it!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

Originally posted by dmgreenz:

Diva -

that's one of my favorite routes for shoe shopping. Down 8th, then down broadway. There must be 20 good shoe stores there, but I usually stop at Wheelz and lay down the credit card. I think I've bought 6 pair of shoes in the 7 months that I've lived in NYC.

And, there is a bulk candy store in the middle. bonus.

DM

OH man, I used to work on Bway just off Astor, and I had to take the F train home. So every day I used to either walk to the Bway/Laf or the West 4st station, and do a bit of shopping... Oh how I miss that...

------------------

icon9.giflove.gifbiggrin.gif

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

offtopic - but I just went to Karen's on Astor for lunch - it's the best. I work near hudson/bway, just a few blocks from your old stomping grounds. . .

On the way back, I took a quick look in Antique Boutique. They have the _best_ window displays. Last year, the guy stuffit was all vintange and 'low' budget - I bought clothes by the pound. And now, they got some fancy threads, but still cool.

DM

Originally posted by divalicious:

OH man, I used to work on Bway just off Astor, and I had to take the F train home. So every day I used to either walk to the Bway/Laf or the West 4st station, and do a bit of shopping... Oh how I miss that...

I've never gotten lucky at Bloomies. Is that like 'getting busy in a burger king bathroom'?

just wondering. . .

Originally posted by uknjx2:

<Snip>he hee...but i sometimes get lucky at Macy's, Bloomies and Nordstrom. I've started to venture into Abercrombie (the kid's A&F). At this point I'm not fussy. If it fits, I'll wear it!

did someone say banana republic is reasonably priced??? ... ouch!!

Two neat places that are well priced are le chateau on broadway right next to NYU and a shop somewere in that area the name of which I can never remember.

Try Zara too, thats not too expensive. Gap sells pretty much the same stuff as BR, since theyre both owned byu the same guys, and The Gap is a lot cheaper. I never liked either though.

My favorite is Le Chateau.

There is a new store called forever 21. I dont know how many of them are around but they have a lot of rampage style clothes really cheap.I know there is one in the nanuet mall if anyone lives in this area. Its kinda like a H&M. I like going there, Macy's, Gap, Rampage, Wet seal, h&m. Wherever I find something i like really. cwm35.gif

------------------

~As long as you live and high you fly the smiles you give and tears you cry is all your life will ever be~

~Dream as if you will live forever, live like you will die tomorrow~ ~

* Life isn't measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

Originally posted by manumission:

Prada`s the best .. but she`s too friggin` expensive... had my eyes on those woollen pants for a year now

Soo true --> This summer i'm goin to Italy for a month or so to visit family..i think i should start taking orders for PRADA clothing for people around here. lol. Its sickening--> In Italy people pay for PRADA the equivelant for what we in America pay for LEVI'S JEANS(which is like next to nothing)!! and vice versa--> in Italy people pay an arm and a leg for Levi's Blue jeans...its craziness! haha.

so yea...needless to say im stockin up when i go there this summer =))

xsmatickx... I was in Florence last year, NYU has this foriegn program there, so I went to Milan a couple of times. Sure, Lira is a very low-value currency and all but the clothing was still expensive, and again Prada in particular was KINDA steep!! .. It was cheaper than here but still expensive. For example, the woollen pants I wanted were for a US equivalent of 650 dollars ... they were for 850 here last time I checked, which wasn`t too long ago. Now yes since theyre part of last years collection, they would have been at least for a 1000 here last year but any depreciation in their value hasnt been too much frown.gif

So good luck with the cheap clothing. My advice: even though the established designers there are expensive, the smaller guys have a lot of very neat stuff which u`ll never find here. Look for that stuff. Italy thrives on clothes design along with cars, so expect to find a lot of good clothes by lesser known designers while there. And do all or most of your shopping in Milan.

wow u know what? all you manhattan people are better then us b & t people. i wish i could be like you. why do you think you are better then us? guess what guy's you are not.

------------------

ALWAYS ORIGINATE, NEVER PIRATE.....

AOL J303J

Originally posted by j303j:

wow u know what? all you manhattan people are better then us b & t people. i wish i could be like you. why do you think you are better then us? guess what guy's you are not.

hmm could it be because they pay 3G's for a closet??

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77