Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Random Thoughts #3

nomembername

Guest gabo

I can't wait to see the headline in Newsday for this.

Quote:

"Seriously Hurt UPS Worker With Eye Injury and Potential Brain Injury Incurred On The Job Is Told to Forgo Vital Tests and Treatment Because Bosses More Concerned About Customers and Profits"

thats about right.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know but I am just suchy a sucker when it comes to my work, Ill go in when I have fevers and any other injury and the fact that I know I shouldnt go in to work def tells me something is wrong.

I just got a call from my mother yelling at me that I hung up on her and I do not remember calling her at all! This is not good.

Dude, you don't have a fever, or the sniffles, or bruises from hanging your arm or some shit. A head injury is not a small thing, and not to be dismissed at the whim of some insensitive task-master without a medical degree.

Do you drive, or take the train to work? Can you walk without dizziness? Do you have a good work record to back you up if you complain about your boss's unfairness? Is it just your superior who is know for this, or it is standard company practice?

Dude, I was a retail manager for 10 years at Eckerd and then a year when CVS bought Eckerd, and for the first 9.8 years I took 4 or 5 sick days if that many. I was an idiot and I went to work no matter how sick I was, and for shit pay too, because I was a company man (company fool) and I had a work ethic and staying home with the sniffles or a bruised arm was unheard of for me. The last year and 2 months I took more sick days because I'd worked hard enough and I had it coming to me. I took several days when I broke my toe at work when I dropped something on it in a small space where I couldn't move adequately and it was so swollen that it hurt to walk. If they had told me to come to work anyway, after all the years of me coming to work no matter what I would have told them to come carry me to work because it hurt to walk because of thier work conditions. I don't know if that would stand up in a court of law, but you have a head injury, with more serious pain and potential long term problems.

BTW, do not tell anyone that you had to read this long whinded post because it may diminish any claims of the beam causing your brain and vision damage. :screwy:

Cue Howie or Kokie comeback in 4,3,2,1...

Guest gabo
Dude, you don't have a fever, or the sniffles, or bruises from hanging your arm or some shit. A head injury is not a small thing, and not to be dismissed at the whim of some insensitive task-master without a medical degree.

Do you drive, or take the train to work? Can you walk without dizziness? Do you have a good work record to back you up if you complain about your boss's unfairness? Is it just your superior who is know for this, or it is standard company practice?

Dude, I was a retail manager for 10 years at Eckerd and then a year when CVS bought Eckerd, and for the first 9.8 years I took 4 or 5 sick days if that many. I was an idiot and I went to work no matter how sick I was, and for shit pay too, because I was a company man (company fool) and I had a work ethic and staying home with the sniffles or a bruised arm was unheard of for me. The last year and 2 months I took more sick days because I'd worked hard enough and I had it coming to me. I took several days when I broke my toe at work when I dropped something on it in a small space where I couldn't move adequately and it was so swollen that it hurt to walk. If they had told me to come to work anyway, after all the years of me coming to work no matter what I would have told them to come carry me to work because it hurt to walk because of thier work conditions. I don't know if that would stand up in a court of law, but you have a head injury, with more serious pain and potential long term problems.

BTW, do not tell anyone that you had to read this long whinded post because it may diminish any claims of the beam causing your brain and vision damage. :screwy:

Cue Howie or Kokie comeback in 4,3,2,1...

Ill call tomorrow and say I cant go and see what happens.

Guest gabo
What happened with work? How's your head?
got a cat scan on my brain sinuses and neck. Right away he saw something that he was looking at for 5 min and asked for a second opinion but wouldnt tell me shit till fri when the report is done.

I told work Ill be in tomorrow. They didnt like it but eff em.

Guest onisakura
got a cat scan on my brain sinuses and neck. Right away he saw something that he was looking at for 5 min and asked for a second opinion but wouldnt tell me shit till fri when the report is done.

SWISS CHEEEEEEEEEESE!

MDMA

Guest onisakura
if i redesigned the bible in an urban graffiti-type, would you buy it?

Hell yeah. Wouldn't read it though.