Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wuts the deal with trance?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the haters. Take a look how a trance party look like and its similar to here too.

Yup thats Trance for ya!

Victor Soto

armin20iw.jpg

how about the dancevalley video with pvd. had to be well over 50,000 people. video never really had a full crowd shot either. and with parties as huge as that im sure they spinn some funky electro shit as well as trance and progressive.

Z

why is the whole crowd facing the dj? it looks like a concert--weird

re: outdoor gigs--can you imagine really hard tribal like Victor Calderone outdoors on a sunny day? maybe I'm just conditioned to the dark, sweat, and strobe light stabs lol

Trance is T-I-R-E-D

When something that was once "underground" hits the mainstream it's bound to become useless to those of us who like a little 'bite' in the edginess of our music. Sure Paul van Dyk, the "#1" DJ in the world, is all about trance and draws massive crowds but those "crowds" can have an ill affect on the scene. I'm not trying to diss 97% of clubplanet's population but Trance has been tired for well over 10 years now in my opinion. But hey, each to his own: if you're into the music then more power to you.

Trance is T-I-R-E-D

When something that was once "underground" hits the mainstream it's bound to become useless to those of us who like a little 'bite' in the edginess of our music. Sure Paul van Dyk, the "#1" DJ in the world, is all about trance and draws massive crowds but those "crowds" can have an ill affect on the scene. I'm not trying to diss 97% of clubplanet's population but Trance has been tired for well over 10 years now in my opinion. But hey, each to his own: if you're into the music then more power to you.

not tryin to diss 97% of cp''s population lmaooo, i think you just did

The Hype please just shut up already, when Ferry is at crobar you can see tumbleweeds flying by. AVB cant even fill spirit. So what the fuck are you talkin about they sell out. False, False, False. Also 20%, 20% ur an ass. If a DJ plays 80% of one style of house in a nite, thats what it is. STOP IT!!!!

And Victor Trance is still hugh, just not as much in NYC. im sure oversees Trace Dj's will fill stadiums, and its the most popular overthere, im not knocking that in anyway. Just in NYC it is a fuckin fact Tribal rules. Again I hate when I hear tribal for 8hrs, I try to stay away from those parties. PB and Richie Santana along with C & C do a good job of breakin up the triabl from funky to hard house beats. Thats what I love to hear. A lil bit of everything in a nite. That makes a great DJ. One that can spin a great set, while chaging forms of house all nite long.

says that kid who got schooled by a DJ when you don't even know what it takes to DJ

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=295905

no wonder why people can't take you seriously on here cuz you have people who do this for a living telling you that you're wrong

I do not understand what you are talkin bout. You said that Ferry and AVB sell out, and that is not true at all, they never sell out. So want kind of stupid dumb ass rant did u go on from that. And the post about Denny is all fuckin opinion. If I didnt like the tracks he played when I saw him thats my opinion. And you or no one else can say im wrong. Your just mad cause in this whole post you have been proven wrong by about 5 different people. Listen ass just go to bed and call it a nite. You lost!!! I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

I do not understand what you are talkin bout. You said that Ferry and AVB sell out, and that is not true at all, they never sell out. So want kind of stupid dumb ass rant did u go on from that. And the post about Denny is all fuckin opinion. If I didnt like the tracks he played when I saw him thats my opinion. And you or no one else can say im wrong. Your just mad cause in this whole post you have been proven wrong by about 5 different people. Listen ass just go to bed and call it a nite. You lost!!! I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

you still haven't backed up How trance is fading the US....prove me wrong on that one and then maybe i will give you props

you still haven't backed up How trance is fading the US....prove me wrong on that one and then maybe i will give you props

I said it before, There is 1 fuckin trance DJ in NYC with a residency, 1, and when he spins the place is not even half fuckin full, and hes in the top 5. So if a top 5 trance DJ cannot fill the hottest big room club in NYC. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT NOT PROOF!!!! And another top 5 trance DJ cannot even Fill spirit. What more proof do you need. Come on now man, time to wave the white flag on this dude.

Look at the names spinnin this week in the city, there is not 1 trance DJ LOL

JP

Boris

Cevin Fisher

Sander K

James Zabiele

I said it before, There is 1 fuckin trance DJ in NYC with a residency, 1, and when he spins the place is not even half fuckin full, and hes in the top 5. So if a top 5 trance DJ cannot fill the hottest big room club in NYC. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT NOT PROOF!!!! And another top 5 trance DJ cannot even Fill spirit. What more proof do you need. Come on now man, time to wave the white flag on this dude.

that still doesn't prove thats its fading in USA wich you said a few posts back....so you still get no credit

that still doesn't prove thats its fading in USA wich you said a few posts back....so you still get no credit

Dude I dont need your credit, its obvious your wrong, your the only one fighting it, everyone else is saying what I am, if you want to continue to be a ignorant blind trance lover who dosent want to admit trance is almost gone from NYC, thats your prob. Just face facts loser, YOU LOST!!! I know it, you know it, and everyone who reads this post will know it. Get it through your head, you are wrong. Every point you made myself, or someone else has proved it to be dead wrong. HAHAHA, you are such a small small man, you cant admit when your wrong. Pathethic.

Dude I dont need your credit, its obvious your wrong, your the only one fighting it, everyone else is saying what I am, if you want to continue to be a ignorant blind trance lover who dosent want to admit trance is almost gone from NYC, thats your prob. Just face facts loser, YOU LOST!!! I know it, you know it, and everyone who reads this post will know it. Get it through your head, you are wrong. Every point you made myself, or someone else has proved it to be dead wrong. HAHAHA, you are such a small small man, you cant admit when your wrong. Pathethic.

ok you won....

for u

retard_prize.jpg

:clap2:

Look at the names spinnin this week in the city, there is not 1 trance DJ LOL

JP

Boris

Cevin Fisher

Sander K

James Zabiele

sorry but avb did fill spirit.. 12/10/04 i went to see him for my bday and it was packed to the brim.. and with brois... c'mon that is the cliquiest(sp) crowd known to man kind.. boris can start spinnging drum and bass and he's still gonna pack a venue out.. i dont know anyone who goes to boris parties for the music.. i only know people who go with expectations of being surrounded by hot bitches..

sorry but avb did fill spirit.. 12/10/04 i went to see him for my bday and it was packed to the brim.. and with brois... c'mon that is the cliquiest(sp) crowd known to man kind.. boris can start spinnging drum and bass and he's still gonna pack a venue out.. i dont know anyone who goes to boris parties for the music.. i only know people who go with expectations of being surrounded by hot bitches..

False again, I know a lot and I mean a lot of people who love Boris's music. Now dont get me wrong here, these people dont know much about house music, but regardless they still go for Boris's music. Why cant some people just get through there heads that Tribal is running NYC right now. Damn peeps, If you went out weekly you would know.

False again, I know a lot and I mean a lot of people who love Boris's music. Now dont get me wrong here, these people dont know much about house music, but regardless they still go for Boris's music. Why cant some people just get through there heads that Tribal is running NYC right now. Damn peeps, If you went out weekly you would know.

agree to disagree... i dont really buy it.. i think it's a shallow crowd for the most part and i think if you were to somehow get the hot chicks that go to see boris to do something else most people would jump ship as well.. just my opinion though..

not tribal either

wow im jumpin in this thread real late, glad i missed most of this drama. Maybe you havent been to a JP party in a while but the music now mostly is tribal, theres some progressive/funk in the beginning but mostly tribal for the night. Whats all the bickering and bitching about, Ill set everyone straight right now: IN NYC, TRANCE IS PRETTY MUCH DEAD, IT ONLY IS ALIVE ON THE NIGHTS WHEN A BIG NAME DJ IS HERE LIKE AVB TIESTO ETC. AND THOSE NIGHTS ARE FAR AND FEW BETWEEN. IN THE REST OF THE US AND THE WORLD THE SAME CAN NOT BE SAID BUT IN GOOD OLE NYC, TRANCE IS DEAD. EVERYWHERE ELSE ITS ALIVE AND GOING, SIMPLE AS THAT.

not tribal either

Didnt say they were ass, The point was that all the Djs spinnin in the city this week are not trance, thus proving that trance is fading in NYC. Read the post before you come talkin out of your ass. Dude really now, just stop, go away, you lost, your just making yourself look even more dumb that your retarted ass already does. Pathetic.

Maybe you havent been to a JP party in a while but the music now mostly is tribal, theres some progressive/funk in the beginning but mostly tribal for the night.

but isnt the consensus that JP is half the DJ now than when he was spinning trance. so let me get this straight .. he was good when he spun music that no one likes. . . and when he spins stuff people like now he sucks? or is peoples evalutaion of him strictly on the basis of his technical mixing skills.