Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hotel recommendation for NYC?

iamme

no clue. manhattan? although thats on the expensive side...

basically looking for a place that is 15-20 min from the fun parts of the city

(yes, i know...vague as hell)

i dont know NYC, so im stupified

If you really want to stay outside of NYC, I'd suggest doing a hotel search on the Meadowlands in NJ (( near Giants Stadium, etc )). There are TONS of hotels around there, and have door to door bus service into Port Authority which take about 20 minutes or less. The buses only run until midnight or so though...so it could put a damper on any partying you plan on doing.

I think you should look in Manhattan though. There's no reason why you can't find a decent room for $140.

might be up sat/sun/mon with a friend. any recommendations for hotels/locations?? checkin on orbitz now...

tryin not to spend more than $140 per night for 1 room, 2 beds.

if yur already spending $140, whats another $60.. you can prolly stay at most hotels in the city for $200 a night. also wouldnt you be splitting it with your friend?

if yur already spending $140, whats another $60.. you can prolly stay at most hotels in the city for $200 a night. also wouldnt you be splitting it with your friend?

i dont think we were being too realistic. seems like 200 a night is the cheapest for anything decent

If you really want to stay outside of NYC, I'd suggest doing a hotel search on the Meadowlands in NJ (( near Giants Stadium, etc )). There are TONS of hotels around there, and have door to door bus service into Port Authority which take about 20 minutes or less. The buses only run until midnight or so though...so it could put a damper on any partying you plan on doing.

I think you should look in Manhattan though. There's no reason why you can't find a decent room for $140.

Actually, check Jersey City if you are willing to stay outside of Manhattan. There are 4 hotels in the Newport (Jersey City on the water overlooking the Hudson River w/ amazing views of the NYC Skyline) area which are all pretty decent: Marriot, Hyatt Regency, Candlewood Suites and Doubletree. They are all walking distance to the Path station which is a 6 minute ride to either World Trade Center or Christopher Street stations in Manhattan. You can park at a couple of them for free, and the others are less than 14 bucks a day to park.

hampton inn is like 145 (51rst and 8th) and then there is a Hilton Garden Inn about the same amt. see hotels.com do a search for midtown .. cant go wrong

i think the Holiday Inn Lafayette is good prices. you are downtown right off canal street .

but my friends have had good luck with Priceline too! theygot a 4star hotel for 185 a couple weeks ago