Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tattoo

ooana

Planning on getting another. Any recomendations for good artists here in the city? Got mine in SF so not certain where to go other than some rather lukewarm mutterings of "that place isn't bad."

Sorry for the heavily off topic post but figured *someone* here would know.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

Fuck the City....come out to Long Island and get it. If you would make the venture I could recommend some places for you with tattooists that rival any of the work that I have seen come out of the city for the past 6 or 7 years. There are so many tatooists out here that do such good work and they aren't as expensive either. And the sanitary conditions are more than clean.

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth:

Fuck the City....come out to Long Island and get it. If you would make the venture I could recommend some places for you with tattooists that rival any of the work that I have seen come out of the city for the past 6 or 7 years. There are so many tatooists out here that do such good work and they aren't as expensive either. And the sanitary conditions are more than clean.

PM me some info???

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

Originally posted by carabee:

Hey girl, I'm thinkin of another, but theres so many artists? Lets get one together.....Bee

YES! You're on. Lets definitely talk more about this.

-Oo

------------------

I would also have to agree.. Theres a Tattoo Lou's in Bohemia.. Thats on sunrise Hwy Out here in suffolk county.. THEY DO GREAT WORK!

------------------

~LiPz~

aim:LikmyLipz

/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

biglicks.gif

Actually, there is a very good spot near Wayne NJ called Shottsies (Sp?) 973-633-1411

1275 rt 23 south

m-f 1-10pm

sat 12-10

sun 12-9

The main guy there is great and so is Flying Ace if hes still around. Havent been by in a while but it is one of the best known around for good work.

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

druid3.gif

You're on Kat. We'll definitely talk.

-Oo

------------------

Ask MissKittie...... she recommended an artist to me a while back, although I haven't followed through yet (still need to get my hands on the tattoo template that I want).

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Yup Jesse is right. Theres a tattoo shop in my town who actually is a good friend of mine. He can draw ANYTHING you want perfectly. Im sure he would give us a nice deal if we all went in together.

------------------

tigger.gif

"Love is friendship set to music."

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

Thanks for all the suggestions folks! Now time for me to commit to the exact design.

Heh, if anyone's really good at drawing here....I need ya!

-Oo

------------------

Originally posted by myrlin:

Actually, there is a very good spot near Wayne NJ called Shottsies (Sp?) 973-633-1411

1275 rt 23 south

m-f 1-10pm

sat 12-10

sun 12-9

The main guy there is great and so is Flying Ace if hes still around. Havent been by in a while but it is one of the best known around for good work.

Yep, that's where I'm going for mine. I know a bunch of people who got their tattoos there and I trust the dude that's going to do mine. I walked in with one idea and he quickly told me he wouldn't do it because what I wanted would look ok for the first year or so, and then just melt into a blob of ink later on....I appreciated his honesty b/c I'm sure some places would just do it. I had to go back to the drawing board but now I love what I'm going to get. It's just a matter of the money cuz these things are expensive!!! Anyway, I'm going to Kerri....he's a cool dude!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

Originally posted by brandie:

where on LI do you suggest . . . i'm gettin another tattoo - i got my last one in the city . . . but if you know some high-quality places, lemme know please. smile.gif

luv,

brandie

Brandie... definitely go to Da Vinci Tattoo on Sunrise Highway in Wantaugh. That's where I got mine done, my sister got hers done and they do amazing work and the place is hospital clean. Mike is the best there, so try and have him do it (but the other 2 guys are really good too). If anyone needs the #, pm me

------------------

"There was a time before we were born when the soul of each one of us decreed that we be brought into life. We have all made a place for ourselves on this earth, each life precious, each path different. But we all share the same goal of inner peace and it is there within us all to be discovered, and it can only be discovered through love."

Originally posted by myrlin:

1275 rt 23 south

m-f 1-10pm

sat 12-10

sun 12-9

Hey! That's where I got mine done!! Yeah, they've won all these awards and stuff. Very well known and CLEAN. I got both of mine done by Christopher Robin.

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

Originally posted by dmgreenz:

What are ya thinking of getting. pretty curious about that one. a pint of guinness? your screen name?

DM

Ha ha, yeah, my screen name with a little blue bunny underneath!! nah, i'll show you if you want, it's really cool, but i just think that b/c i designed it. it's all black, kind've tribal...the first one was the union jack but i wanted it really small and he said the lines would blur into each other. he showed me the smallest he could make it and i was like "whoa" - it would've taken up a lot of my back being that i'm small and all.....

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

Originally posted by gambitx73:

Oona! If there was one thing I liked 'bout you is your aura. Very clear and honest. I think simplicity is beauty...You don't need a tattoo if u asked me...

Hee! Thanks hon. Too late though, I've already got one. This is for the second one I'm pondering.

Took me about 4 years to get the one I have so I figure this one won't be happening immediately. :-) The design is coming together though so we'll see.

-Oo

------------------

What are ya thinking of getting. pretty curious about that one. a pint of guinness? your screen name?

DM

Originally posted by uknjx2:

Yep, that's where I'm going for mine. I know a bunch of people who got their tattoos there and I trust the dude that's going to do mine. I walked in with one idea and he quickly told me he wouldn't do it because what I wanted would look ok for the first year or so, and then just melt into a blob of ink later on....I appreciated his honesty b/c I'm sure some places would just do it. I had to go back to the drawing board but now I love what I'm going to get. It's just a matter of the money cuz these things are expensive!!! Anyway, I'm going to Kerri....he's a cool dude!

where on LI do you suggest . . . i'm gettin another tattoo - i got my last one in the city . . . but if you know some high-quality places, lemme know please. smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox