Clubplanet Nightlife Community

american idol predictions

weyes

wow - i was off on my boy pick this week :worry: ... my second choice did get the boot, though, and i'm sure deeelite will be happy they got rid off that toothy freak :aaah: !!!

but who made up that idea that the losers sing their song again? first of all, we voted them OFF; we don't want to hear their wack asses again. and second of all, they just got voted off; why would they wanna stick around and sing in front of people who don't like them? when ayla was crying last night, i can't believe they still made her sing :no: . bastards.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kevin's safe this week, with his version of "part-time lover"; i think the irony of it will get the votes of the non-serious and the young and confused. but this week's tough, with a whole bunch of straight-up boring performances. and i think a lot of people may have just started tuning in to the show, so they don't know how good the singers can be.

all that said, i'm kinda stuck. i'd like to be allowed 2 predictions, though, even though i know only 1 gets kicked off --- 1 guy and 1 girl. i pick bucky covington and melissa mcghee:

bucky.jpgmelissa.jpg

i'd much rather that that dumb blonde kellie pickler go; she's not nearly as good as melissa, but i think her personality sticks out more (though i think it's in a bad way), and that may save her airhead ass.

my girl prediction was right, but what a crazy bottom 3! yes, ace's performance wasn't good this week, but he wasn't as bad as some other people. and as i said in my very first post, if a guy wins the whole shabang, he's one of my two guesses. and, if it's a female and the winner goes by talent, which it often doesn't 'cause people who vote can be morons, it'll be one of these two: katharine mcphee and mandisa:

katharine.jpgmandisa.jpg

i don't want ace or chris to win; taylor is the whole reason why i started watching this damn show in the first place (i've never watched any season of ai before). but i don't think he'll make it :( .

when they announced it was gonna be a 50s theme i knew it was gonna be as uninteresting as it was; last night was really a snoozefest. my pick to be kicked this week is most definitely bucky covington:

bucky.jpg

if it's a girl i'll say it's lisa tucker:

lisa.jpg

but bucky was by far the worst.

man... both my picks were in the bottom 3, but neither got the boot. it's an injustice that bucky isn't gone already, and especially for that crapass performance of that crapass buddy holly song. kevin covais' days were numbered, though; as i said weeks ago, the a.i. winner wouldn't have a lisp.

• 2 weeks later...

i didn't have a pick last week 'cause i missed the beginning and i was on vacation at my family's house, where my mom insisted on talking throughout the whole damned show. i didn't get a good listen to it, though the 2000-and-on theme made for some terrible songs. i thought that the 50s show was bad, but this was worse, and i do know that bucky should be gone by now :cuss: !!! last night's country theme was nothing more than a handout to kellie and bucky. every week that that guy stays in really annoys me.

but last night showed that mandisa can't sing everything. what a bummer that was.

i said from the beginning that i thought ace would make it to the last 2 men, but his song choices have been for crap and he's been in the bottom 3 twice now. my pick for being kicked out tonight is ace young:

ace.jpg

i think country may have done him in.

what bullshit it was that mandisa got kicked off!!! i did comment in my post above that she couldn't sing country, and i guess it just proves that, on a.i., you're only as good as your last performance. it's a real injustice, 'cause she deserved much better --- maybe even to win, if the winner had to be female, in my opinion.

and bucky should be gone by now :cuss: !!!

tonight the theme is songs by queen, and, as a queen fan (ok, i was a HUUUUUGGGGE fan in eighth grade), i even have predictions of which songs each person will sing. i'm not gonna get into all of that, though, 'cause it's kinda dull. i'll just be honest tomorrow and write here how many i got right and wrong, though i'll allow myself a few guesses for each person. i may get lots wrong, though, 'cause i'm gonna pick the ones that'll show off each person to his/her best advantage --- not what the person may have decided to sing.

i will say, however, that i think taylor should sing "somebody to love" if he knows what's good for him.

outcreeps? What does that mean? You think she's creepy?
fuckin' a!!! even if you don't like american idol, just check out her response to a song somewhere in the middle or end of the show; she's a mumbling loon. i don't know what she's on, but my bet is that it's expensive and/or not that easy to come by :shaky: .

last night was an abomination to any queen fan :aaah: ... "we will rock you" and "bohemian rhapsody" should've been off limits - the first 'cause it's a retarded stadium anthem and the latter because it's frikkin' genius - but there was a moron for each :rolleyes: .

as far as my predictions for songs went, the songs that were chosen were not surprising to me, but i had different contestants pegged for the songs. the closest i got was katharine, who said she was originally going to sing the song i thought she was going to (which was fun, challenging and dynamic, and which would have showed her off to her best advantage), but then changed her mind at the last minute, to a song with which she was terribly off-key and very dull :no: .

which leads me to my choices for kicking off this week: ace young is my first guess, with his ridiculous "we will rock you." asshat.

ace.jpg

and my girl pick is katharine mcphee, with a song i've never heard ["who wants to live forever?"], and i was obsessed with queen back in the day.

katharine.jpg

i do hope it's ace over katharine, though, 'cause she's way more talented than he is. but, as we learned last week, to most of the fans of a.i., you're only as good as your last performance.

last night was an abomination to any queen fan :aaah: ... "we will rock you" and "bohemian rhapsody" should've been off limits - the first 'cause it's a retarded stadium anthem and the latter because it's frikkin' genius - but there was a moron for each :rolleyes: .

as far as my predictions for songs went, the songs that were chosen were not surprising to me, but i had different contestants pegged for the songs. the closest i got was katharine, who said she was originally going to sing the song i thought she was going to (which was fun, challenging and dynamic, and which would have showed her off to her best advantage), but then changed her mind at the last minute, to a song with which she was terribly off-key and very dull :no: .

which leads me to my choices for kicking off this week: ace young is my first guess, with his ridiculous "we will rock you." asshat.

ace.jpg

and my girl pick is katharine mcphee, with a song i've never heard ["who wants to live forever?"], and i was obsessed with queen back in the day.

katharine.jpg

i do hope it's ace over katharine, though, 'cause she's way more talented than he is. but, as we learned last week, to most of the fans of a.i., you're only as good as your last performance.

"who wants to live forever?" is one of their last great hits.. when Freddie Mercury knew he was going to die..

How can you call yourself a Queen fan and not know that song?

:rolleyes:

"who wants to live forever?" is one of their last great hits.. when Freddie Mercury knew he was going to die..

How can you call yourself a Queen fan and not know that song?

:rolleyes:

i'll take it back; i have heard that song, as i own a kind of magic, the album on which it's featured. but that album blew, and "who wants to live forever," which only reached #24 on the UK charts and didn't even make the charts in the US, was entirely unmemorable for me.

man - i can't predict worth a crap anymore :eek: !!! bucky finally got the boot last night :aright: !!! i can't say that i'm not happy, but i really think that, based on tuesday's performance, it should've been ace, and even simon agreed with me. it's funny; i agree with simon most of the time.

it's too hard to say, now that we're down to as few contestants as we are, what makes people vote the way they do. for instance, i hated the song that katharine sang this week and i thought she was off-key most of the time, but i voted for her a few times 'cause i think she actually has a good deal of talent and i didn't want her kicked off just for that crapass performance.

i don't understand the voting anymore. now what's more shocking than just how crappy some of the performances can be is how the people are voting :confused: .