Clubplanet Nightlife Community

american idol predictions

weyes

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was positive before the show last night that, no matter what happened, paris was gonna be voted off. but elliot was extra boring, and it truly sounded like someone was rapidly karate-chopping his throat during his performances. as i keep saying, his deal is not vibrato; it's even gotten to the point where it sounds like someone's beating him up while he's singing :no: . and paris really did her best last night; when she announced that she was gonna sing "kiss," i figured she was writing her epitaph, but she did a good job. her second song was good, too. this may actually have been what i consider her best night.

so it's a toss-up, for me. it's definitely either paris bennett:

paris.jpg

or elliot yamin:

elliott.jpg

even though, if i had only watched last night's show and never any other episodes, i would definitely vote elliot off (and i don't like him anyway), i think paris is more likely to be kicked off, 'cause i think elliot has more of a following.

i was positive before the show last night that, no matter what happened, paris was gonna be voted off. but elliot was extra boring, and it truly sounded like someone was rapidly karate-chopping his throat during his performances. as i keep saying, his deal is not vibrato; it's even gotten to the point where it sounds like someone's beating him up while he's singing :no: . and paris really did her best last night; when she announced that she was gonna sing "kiss," i figured she was writing her epitaph, but she did a good job. her second song was good, too. this may actually have been what i consider her best night.

so it's a toss-up, for me. it's definitely either paris bennett:

paris.jpg

or elliot yamin:

elliott.jpg

even though, if i had only watched last night's show and never any other episodes, i would definitely vote elliot off (and i don't like him anyway), i think paris is more likely to be kicked off, 'cause i think elliot has more of a following.

honestly, please stop this thread..

youve been wrong most of the time, and not that many people here like American Idol

both my bottom 2 and kick-off predictions were correct, but it bums me out that elliot wasn't kicked off first. it won't matter in the end 'cause elliot won't win, but it's the principle of the thing. i had to mute his performance last night, and i may have to do that from now on --- i really can't stand the guy anymore.

i wish someone could convince me that he's any good at all.

both my bottom 2 and kick-off predictions were correct, but it bums me out that elliot wasn't kicked off first. it won't matter in the end 'cause elliot won't win, but it's the principle of the thing. i had to mute his performance last night, and i may have to do that from now on --- i really can't stand the guy anymore.

i wish someone could convince me that he's any good at all.

its not hard to predict when there are so few contestants left.. and also are you a better singer?

either way Tayor Hicks doesnt have that good of a voice either.

I don't even watch this garbage and I can tell you it's gonna be Katherine all the way.
i think it's gonna be katharine or chris, but i like katharine more. taylor's the only reason i watched the show in the first place, but i always knew he won't win.

when they casually mentioned graceland last week, i figured it was gonna be an elvis night last night. and i said, "nobody'd better sing 'jailhouse rock' or 'hound dog.'" and it's not just because the songs are almost exactly the same, and it's just not because they're incredibly stupid songs,

[has anyone ever thought about the sketchy gayness of these lyrics?:

Number forty-seven said to number three:

You’re the cutest jailbird I ever did see.

I sure would be delighted with your company,

Come on and do the jailhouse rock with me. :shaky: ]

but those two songs don't demonstrate a person's vocal chops. but then taylor and katharine chose those two songs :rolleyes: . they might as well have chosen "happy birthday."

but tonight i fear for katharine mcphee:

katharine.jpg

which is ridiculous, because she's the most talented - vocal-wise - i.m.o. (taylor's the most interesting and entertaining, chris is the most marketable, and elliot should shut the fuck up, i.m.o.). but she made a shitty song choice with "hound dog" and forgot lyrics while getting out of breath in all her jumping up and down. her last song was awful, too. choosing ballads is a bad idea, if one takes a look at a.i. in general. people like uptempo stuff more. and she did a terrible job.

and that tremorous troll elliot had the best night he ever had, even though he had nowhere to go but up :rolleyes: .

when i called in to vote for kat and taylor, as i always do, taylor's lines were busy a lot of the time, but kat's weren't as often; i'm just hoping that katharine's following will keep her afloat :worry: .