Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Meeting Philly Clubbers

After several years away (in places like London) from my native city of brother love (Philly), I've just moved back. The problem is that I'm a big tech-house clubber and the only people I know in Philly are relatives and some very old friends who aren't "clubbing types." Where might I go to meet other Philly clubbers? Of course, clubs would naturally be the best places to meet other clubbers, but I doubt that I can get in as a single, unless Philly clubs are very different from what I'm accustomed to. I haven't clubbed for around 4 months and I really miss it, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

T

i live in philly too but unfortunately, lately, the club seen hasnt been so great around here... i tend to spend an extra few more hours and drive up to NYC to stay at my friends and go out there... where do u guys go in philly? I went to transit a few times and i think the DJ at downstairs plays good house/deephouse/etc... but too much of a meat market for me...

Yes its very dominant in Philly. I mean a bar is good once in a while, but the club scene is VERY flawed, and I'm not sure how it will ever compete with NY. So just take a little more money out the ATM (they call it a MAC here in philly) enjoy yourself in a place that knows what its doin.

------------------

shen.gif Highmdam Wing tall.gifspider_blackwidow_dangle_md_wht.gif BOO! spider_drop_md_wht.gif

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

[This message has been edited by highmay (edited 12-13-2000).]

[This message has been edited by highmay (edited 12-13-2000).]

oh stop highmay!! you're just jaded cuz youre still under age. well i/m all up for a meet up i've been mentioning it for quite a few posts now, so i'm hopin us philly heads get ourselves together soon and do something!!! i'm sure we're all a sweet/nice crowd. welcome back from london! i've heard that gasoline, eden roc, transit, evolution, fluid, etc are all great places to check out. i've been to transit, evolution and fluid. evolution was a bit of younger/meat market crowd when i went, but music was good. fluid was awesome and transit was too crowded when i went, but oakie was spinnin and music was good. so let me know guys i'm down for anything, buccafm knows that. and lolly, if you read this, i'm down to go to Kaleidoscope too it seems cool inside. holla! cwm32.gif

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

ok...as to evolution being a meat market...Maysoon, ITS LIKE 300 DEGREES IN THAT PLACE!!! It gets so hot with everyone dancing and like one air conditioner near the bathroom that everyone hogs it up you have no choice but to take off what you have on. But I'm definitly up for a meetup. I haven't met true clubbers yet in Philly.

What do you say, Maysoon?

------------------

shen.gif Highmdam Wing tall.gifspider_blackwidow_dangle_md_wht.gif BOO! spider_drop_md_wht.gif

Hey I am also from Philly area...I haven't been clubbin in Philly since I left for school in Sept. I am def down for a meet up..I am also 20 so I would have to see if I could get an ID before I meet up at 21+ night...but my friend can get me into shampoo no matter what, I will pry be there this saturday...

And yes Philly is more a bar scene, anyone remember LIVE BAIT!!!?!?!? THAT PLACE WAS THE PLACE TO BE BACK WHEN IT WAS STILL OPEN!!!! healyae!!! cwm32.gifcwm32.gifcwm32.gif

Mike.

------------------

AIM: Carson11115

Hey people, just to let you know, im working with a great promoter, brian nagle from maneo.com on possibly some really good parties. Were really trying to get a underground nyc kinda party goin here, because as you know there really isnt anything going on now, except for shampoo and envy, which are fun, but we want something different, more underground. More of a twilo/vinyl kinda vibe, great tunes, etc...

Peace to all!

-Adam

------------------

House This! :) www.djadamf.com djadamf@aol.com

i think good places to check out with the least meat market effect are:

wednesdays Fluid (i think Josh Wink shows up once in a while)

thursdays shampoo (especially on trance days)

saturdays transit (downstairs is better - upstairs too crowded)

------------------

O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet!

St. Augustine

Thanks much for welcoming me (the poster of the original message in this thread) back to my old hometown through offering to including me in your meetup. I look forward to it enthusiastically. I'll definitely plan to join the meetup, as long as I've recovered by then from the stresses of jetlag, adjusting to a new city, and adjusting to a new job--all of which are right now pretty overwelming. To answer BuccaFm's question, I am living in the Greater Northeast in a big old empty house with a very very old lady. It's seems like a nice enough place to live, once I get used to it.

My buddy is coming to visit me over Christmas, and we are looking to go to a club with a laid-back, lounge atmosphere--some place where we can just relax and which isn't a meat-market. From what I can gather from this board, Fluid or Silk City sound like good places. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Anyway, I look forward to meeting y'all and to recovering my sanity sometime very soon.

Till then,

T

Well, since everyone isn't 21, there is a rave type event coming up at Evolution. Its a 611 Records/Local 13 party called HO 5. Frankie Bones and Feelgood will be there, and if you're into that scene, it should be a good night.

Its on Dec. 27 (Wed.), and some of the Philly crew is already planning on going. Should be a good time. Let me know if anyone is interested in this, and we'll plan a meetup time and place for the new kids.

Get back to me...

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

Originally posted by housemusic4evr:

Hey people, just to let you know, im working with a great promoter, brian nagle from maneo.com on possibly some really good parties. Were really trying to get a underground nyc kinda party goin here, because as you know there really isnt anything going on now, except for shampoo and envy, which are fun, but we want something different, more underground. More of a twilo/vinyl kinda vibe, great tunes, etc...

Peace to all!

-Adam

Hey, uh, Adam? yeah. You and Maneo.com do that little party or whateva. I'm sure Philly clubbers will enjoy it. Now if you said something to the effect of a DOOR POLICY, then I think people will acutally come.

Point is this: You go to one Philly party, you've seen them all. VERY poor management, selection of music, idiotic door policies and geriatric music embodies Philly.

You come through with a strict dress code, a well-known DJ, and a slammin venue, then say something to us.

------------------

hey guys, wow i'm loving this reaction.. ok the dec. 27th thing sounds good to whoever mentioned it, it's gonna be kinda tricky i'm gonna be in allentown for that week, some other college heads will be outta town till mid jan. a couple people have emailed me about putting something together, i have a few contacts/ leads about what's gonna be coming up.. if you guys wannahave a meet up, email me at MAce319@hotmail.com or post on this thread with places you'd like to check out, i'll see what i can put together, along with a hook up at the door for us. sounds good? holla back!! i'mm getting excited already.. hehehe. and remmeber, who cares about the venue i'm sure we'd light it up!! just let me know.

love

maysoon

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

I go to school halfway between NYC and Philly, so when I go clubbin its pretty much the same distance... I usually head up to NY, for the obvious reasons, but if there's a meet up of phillyhedz, count me in!!

I was in evolution a while ago, and i had a good time, i didnt think it was too bad, maybe cause that nihgt twas my friend who was throwin da party, but newayz...... Wherever u guys decide is good...

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"

I am down for the Philly meetup. After my finals are over (this Wed) I'm down for anything. I am going home though on THurday, back to NY (thank GOd) but will be back at school in the Philly area mid Jan.

I went clubbing almost every weekend in Philly last year but haven't been that much this year. This year I've only been to Transit, Envy, Shampoo, and went to Chemistry in Manayunk just recently.

I used to hit Evolution up a lot last year. Haven't been yet this year. I am down for ANYTHING! But not till mid-Jan!!

Safitamace, i wanna go to Kaleidoscope!! We'll try and work something out when I get back from Christmas break! We should def do the Philly meetup so I can at least meet some of the people from the board. I think if anyone is gonna suggest where we go it should be ADAM...he knows what's up!

Guys I posted in the other philly meetup thread, but in regards to the venue and the music... I ONLY play my style of music.. I dont give in to promoters, sell out and play commercial music... That is the only reason im working with maneo.com, they are the only ones I know who are really into promoting a truly underground party. I have a sample mix on my web site, if you wanna hear. And in regards to the door policies, ANY event that im involved with gets special attention at the door. We are trying to attract a crowd into the music, not into getting ass. If anyone here has been to vinyl, youll know what I mean. A DRAMA FREE night, no atittude at the door, no ***hole doormen, etc. Are goals are this: Kick ass parties, great music, great vibe and a great soundsystem. Thats what in our opinion makes a great party. Not naked women swinging from chandeliers, or stuff like that. The party at envy will be our first event and the music will be by me. After our party is over at 11pm, it switches over to the normal envy dj playing commercial stuff. Anyone feel free to email me and voice your opinions and ideas you might have for a great party in philly.

Peace!

-Adam

------------------

Okay well I am always down for a damn meetup .... Niki how long have we been saying it? haha. well whenever and where ever is cool with me!!! I'm down to chill at some lounge spots, easier to meet up and easier to hear eachother talk.

I'm heading into the city tomorrow night, Old City that is, and will be hitting up the lounges. Anyone interested let me know.

buccafm@war.wyeth.com

Talk to you's soon and lets get that meetup going! biggrin.gif

Hey people, i invite you guys to check out the philly maneo.com messageboard.... its the best on ive seen going in philly so far. (There are these dickhead calling themselves "ramsquad" on there, please ignore them) But the site gets tens of thousands of hits per week, so its something new... We all have different opinions on what we like, music, etc.. but we all love clubbing, good music, (hey, were from philly and were on the nyc board!...hehe). A lot of the philly clubs read this board, so im hoping to make some noise... get some things going here.. and how long you been workin on that meet up bucca???? smile.gif heres da link...

http://www.maneo.com/philadelphia/start.php

Peace!

-Adam

------------------