Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Meeting Philly Clubbers

Hi everyone. Im' Brian Nagele from Maneo.com. I'm real happy to see a good response from Philly people looking for non-comercial music and interested in a meet up. It is the mission of Adam and I to find other people in Philly that appreciate good music and bring everyone together. I've pitched the idea of an Underground night to almost all the clubs in Philly, a few are somewhat into it, but most are afraid to stray from the norm.

Adam and I set up a monthly meet up at Envy in Old City. The first one will be Friday Jan. 12th from 9 - 11. I set it up for us to have a top shelf open bar, no cover and Adam spinning some house sounds that we only usually hear in NYC at Vinyl. This is our opportunity to start improving the Philly scene. If the owners of Envy see that we bring a lot of people that enjoy the underground music, they'll give us the night weekly. Just like everything else in Philly, the rest will follow and the next thing you know there is a scene in philly.

Check out our philly boards at Maneo.com. ignore the Ram Squad posts, I'll try to get their IPs block and their posts deleted.

Peace

Brian

hey Adam, took a peek at that maneo.com board thing, what's up with the Ramm Squad people??? Whack!

Gugle(sp) sorry, I'm not sure where I'm heading in Old City, I wanna check out Kaliedescope, Silk City, hang at Swanky Bubbles a lot, i don't know, I'll prolly be switching it up all night. I'm taking out a friend that is in from Italy and she wants to see the city, so we'll be all over.

k guys, adam let me know when your parties are gonna be, seems like general consenus is everyone who wants to go, well maybe 80% will be baack in mid jan or early jan, so let me know of something ,i'll be more than happy to help set up a meet up wherever. holla back. email me at MAce319@hotmail.com i'll give you my number. ciao hon and good luck, i'm on my way to checkin out that maneo.com site. ciao

cwm30.gif

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

i dont know whats up with them...supposedly they're like 3 or 4 rich little snobby brats who drive around in beemers and ferraris and pick up chicks and stuff.. real annoying... Hey, maybe you like ferarris..i dunno..haha smile.gif sorry... cwm34.gif

you ever heard of em?? i never have, i think theyre all bs personally...

------------------

House This! :) www.djadamf.com djadamf@aol.com

Brian i think that sounds awesome and i think that maybe that could be our first "official" more than like 3 person meet up. cmon guys what do you say to jan 12? sounds good or no?

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

I'll be there on the 12th at Envy. Hopefully many others from this board will also make it. I am still completely unfamiliar with the scene here in Philly, so could someone please tell me if Envy is a bar, lounge, or club and whether I'll have any problem getting in on the 12th. I am 21, will be coming alone, and will be dressed fashionably for London (but maybe not for Philly, I don't know).

E-mail me at CollapsingEgo@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

If anyone is interested, I'll be hanging out at Fluid with an old buddy on the next few Wednesday and Saturday nights. We are going to be strictly lounging/chilling, so if anyone will be there or wants to meet us, let me know.

BuccaFm, I regret missing your post about lounging in Old City on Dec. 15. But if you wouldn't mind showing a newbie around the Old City scene on some other night, I'd really appreciate it.

e-mail at CollapsingEgo@yahoo.com

Hello fellow Philly grumblers-

Just an FYI - Chris Fortier is spinning Wednesday, the 20th of December at Fluid for 5 bucks. The party is called "Closer" and no, Im not a promoter - just a full time music junkee/bedroom DJ.

I was at the same party back in September. Fortier spun for about 2.5 hours of banging deep progressive. For the Twilo heads, as you know, his sets are top notch and not to be missed.

If anyone would like to meetup, I'll make it easy and set a time of 11:00 in the back corner of the bar, by the bathroom. It's a small club, so it shouldn't be hard to find one another wink.gif.

On another note, best of luck to those working towards the Philly movement. The nightlife in this city has always been tough for me. I would like to check out much of the talent at the Motion/God's Basement parties, however being 28 kind of makes it not my cup of tea, on the social level. The afterhour/club scene is also quite a dissapointment in dealing with the "johnny" come-lately's (if you catch me wink.gif).

The one thing I do have going for me, is a convenient apartment in Queens which allows me to catch the NY lineups (which quite frankly, is mind boggling at the moment).

If anyone needs help in promoting a vibe the way we all hope it can be, (or even some help starting the progressive sound down here wink.gif), shoot me an e-mail.

Hopefully, someone will join me tomorrow for some drinks and head bobbing!

Peace

Sin

omg, i sooo want to go,esp for the drinks post exams!! hehe. but unfortunately the people i am going out with, only ONE of them has gone with me before or was able to remotely stand that type of music.. looks like i'm the loner in that group, but maybe i can convince me to go, they're all either friends from school or friends since freshman year and we want to get crazy after tests, work, etc. however about half of em are bar people the other half, dare i say it, like hip hop, so we'll see....

------------------

30th_statue.jpg

Angel Of Resurrection....

Originally posted by manumission:

on a non-clubbing note, make sure u go to pat`s and get some of those delicious cheese whiz steaks.

Buddy CHIILLLLLL...all the philly cats i know hate's pats...personally i dont like it at all...or geno' mind you...yuo want some good cheesesteaks...go to Larry's on W 54st and City ave in West Philly, or try...shit the name is slipping me now...but its near broad street across from the first union center...those are some kickass steaks...

------------------

blast.gif MEGA HIGHMZ x4armor.art

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

Originally posted by manumission:

on a non-clubbing note, make sure u go to pat`s and get some of those delicious cheese whiz steaks.

Buddy CHIILLLLLL...all the philly cats i know hate's pats...personally i dont like it at all...or geno' mind you...yuo want some good cheesesteaks...go to Larry's on W 54st and City ave in West Philly, or try...shit the name is slipping me now...but its near broad street across from the first union center...those are some kickass steaks...

------------------

blast.gif MEGA HIGHMZ x4armor.art

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme