Clubplanet Nightlife Community

18+ Clubbing in NYC - HELP!!!

Avalon is always 18+

Crobar has 18+ events.

Pacha is 21.

Smaller rooms tend to be stricter in my experience.

All doors can be laxed with the right ID, attitude, dress. Sometimes juicing the bouncer helps. It also depends on the crowd.

Where were you looking to go? What kind of music?

This would help us help you out more if we knew this.

Thanks heaps for the reply... the problem is... I'm not to sure where we're going... All my friends are going clubbing in the city... I'm the only one not 21.. one of them is aparently 'friends' with a guy who does promotions for NYC clubbs and may be able to get me in... I just wanna know if it is worth the trip for me to even go into the city... or if generally it'd be a waste of time if it's pretty difficult to get into clubs if you're under age n I am better off finding something else to do at home (in CT) ...aaaaand i don't have a fake ID (I'm from Australia and drinking age there is 18... so I didn't really think about it when i moved over here 6 months ago...)

Sethb. Cmon now, I know people WELL under 18 that get into crobar, pacha, etc.

Steph. Find out where your friends want to go, and what music they want to hear. If they like progressive house, Crobar is throwing their last LEF party with Ferry and Serge. It's been a great party so far. That's 18+, 21 to drink Info here: http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=298998

Im not up on my hiphop clubbing scene, so I can't be of much help. I know Avalon friday's has hiphop on the main floor and thats 18+ to enter, 21 to drink.

Overall though, if you simply just jump in line with your 19 id, and try to get in, you aint. If you're underage, you have to go to the right places, the 18+ nights or the 18+ clubs. Beyond that, it's who you know and who you hang out with.

Juicing the bouncer = passing some cash to "overlook" the underage. Ive never had to do it, but I've seen people who have and heard as well.

wtf you know people well under 18 that get into crobar or pacha what are they like 14

Crobar is A LOT more stricter with doors than Pacha.. Crobar can spot a fake from a mile away and many of the bouncers don't give a shit if you even flashed them $100 and you're considered good looking.. it is ALL about who you know and what you do in terms of being under 21 there. Same with Pacha.. but I know many friends that have sweet talked their way into there that are under 21.

Crobar is A LOT more stricter with doors than Pacha.. Crobar can spot a fake from a mile away and many of the bouncers don't give a shit if you even flashed them $100 and you're considered good looking.. it is ALL about who you know and what you do in terms of being under 21 there. Same with Pacha.. but I know many friends that have sweet talked their way into there that are under 21.

yeah Crobar is really hardcore from what I've seen...I haven't been under 21 in a while, but in the past few months I've seen the head bouncer flip out 3 times because the other bouncers let under 21 people get by them. He also used to have multiple people check my ID when I had an out-of-state one.

Hey can anyone tell me what the clubbing is like for people over 18 but under 21 in NYC... are there many places that allow 'underage' people in...

and are clubs in NYC really strict with ID or are they kinda relaxed about it???

Thanks heaps!

Just ask yourself one thing kiddo, "How much oral are you willing to give"? If your answer is "lots", you'll have a very, very VIP night.