Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Celebrity news, gossip, scandels, pics, etc....

nicole_richie.jpg

Nicole Richie was arrested on charges of driving under the influence early Monday morning, the California Highway Patrol has confirmed to PEOPLE.

She was booked in Glendale and "was cooperative," agent John Balian of the local police force said, adding that her booking sheet showed she is 5'1" and 85 lbs. Her bail was posted at $15,000, and she was released at 7 a.m.

CHP officers responded at about 12:31 a.m. after two 911 callers reported seeing a 2005 black Mercedes SUV going the wrong way on the 134 Highway.

However, a CHP spokesman says, the officers found Richie at a complete stop facing the right direction in the carpool lane in Burbank.

The arrest of the Simple Life star, 24, was first reported by TMZ.com.

A rep for Richie had no comment on the incident.

This isn't Richie's first brush with the law: In February 2003, she was arrested in Malibu and charged with possession of heroin, it was then reported by the Smoking Gun Web site. She was also driving with a suspended license.

She has since been a patient in a drug-rehabilitation hospital and recently was treated for a weight disorder.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Law enforcement officers tell TMZ Nicole Richie admitted she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

..i think her mugshot is pretty hot though lol.....her bangs are always flawless!!..i need to figure out the secret

yay1.jpg

brit goes brown and gets a new man

britneybrown1.JPG

ew!..brit.jpg

perez is funnier and i like the format a lot better...i visit it much more...tmz tries to be newsy and has lots of videos....both update multiple times a day .....

...but if you want funny go to wwtdd.com.......thats the best....what would tyler durden do ......comments all all current gossip etc...

Law enforcement officers tell TMZ Nicole Richie admitted she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

..i think her mugshot is pretty hot though lol.....her bangs are always flawless!!..i need to figure out the secret

yay1.jpg

brit goes brown and gets a new man

britneybrown1.JPG

ew!..brit.jpg

Read the last line ....

Nicole Richie arrested and accused of driving under the influence

By Andrew Blankstein, Times Staff Writer

11:05 AM PST, December 11, 2006

Celebutante Nicole Richie was arrested early this morning on suspicion of driving under the influence after motorists spotted her sport utility vehicle driving the wrong way on the 134 Freeway.

The 25-year-old celebrity, known as the best friend of Paris Hilton and stars with the heiress on the television show "The Simple Life," was booked at the CHP's Glendale-Verdugo Hills Station on the single misdemeanor charge after her arrest at 1:45 a.m. She was transferred to the City of Glendale jail, where she was released at 7:17 a.m. after posting $15,000 bail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Officers assigned to the CHP's Altadena office responded to reports by motorists that Richie's vehicle was traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes on the 134 Freeway, near the Buena Vista Street entrance in Burbank.

When officers arrived, they found Richie had stopped in the carpool lane and was the lone occupant of the vehicle. She admitted to officers that she had smoked marijuana and taken the painkilling drug, Vicodin, said CHP Sgt. Mark Garrett.

Unlike the DUI arrest of her friend Paris Hilton in September, which was captured in minute detail by a swarm of paparazzi, CHP officials said Richie's arrest was uneventful.

In 2003, she was arrested for heroin possession and spent time in rehabilitation. Authorities would not say whether today's arrest violated the terms of her probation on that charge.

Earlier this year, the production of "The Simple Life" was postponed because Richie had entered into a treatment facility to deal with her inability to gain weight.

The CHP booking sheet said that Richie weighed 85 pounds.

8_4.jpg

7_5.jpg

.......everyone is freaking out cause rosie spoke fake chinese!...ridick

"So apparently 'ching-chong,' unbeknownst to me, is a very offensive way to make fun, quote-unquote, or mock, Asian accents. Some people have told me it's as bad as the n-word. I was like, really? I didn't know that. never intended to hurt anyone, and I'm sorry for those people who felt hurt or were teased on the playground. Tthere's a good chance that I'll do something like that again...[but] not on purpose."

a121306_SPN_Jolie04.jpg

8_4.jpg

7_5.jpg

.......everyone is freaking out cause rosie spoke fake chinese!...ridick

"So apparently 'ching-chong,' unbeknownst to me, is a very offensive way to make fun, quote-unquote, or mock, Asian accents. Some people have told me it's as bad as the n-word. I was like, really? I didn't know that. never intended to hurt anyone, and I'm sorry for those people who felt hurt or were teased on the playground. Tthere's a good chance that I'll do something like that again...[but] not on purpose."

a121306_SPN_Jolie04.jpg

I HATE ROSIE!!! :biggun: