Clubplanet Nightlife Community

World Baseball Classic

its also a very short tournament and anything can happen on any given day. on any given day the devil rays can beat the yankees, but at the end of the season, they end up 50 games behind.

thats why baseball is a complex game and thats why there are 7 game series' at the end of the season

gawd i love baseball....if it just werent for the money grubbing players union

thats why baseball is a complex game and thats why there are 7 game series' at the end of the season

gawd i love baseball....if it just werent for the money grubbing players union

plus, how long have the koreans and japanese been in training together? you cant throw a team together 2 days before a competition and expect everything to go smoothly - and that might explain a lot of the inconsistency in PR, US, DR and Venezuela. Pitching, hit and run, fielding, running the bases - it all takes time for players to get used to playing together.

I wouldn't be surprised if PR get eliminated today and the US tommorow.

plus, how long have the koreans and japanese been in training together? you cant throw a team together 2 days before a competition and expect everything to go smoothly - and that might explain a lot of the inconsistency in PR, US, DR and Venezuela. Pitching, hit and run, fielding, running the bases - it all takes time for players to get used to playing together.

I wouldn't be surprised if PR get eliminated today and the US tommorow.

seriously....

that'd be something if korea or japan acutally won it.....or at least it'd send a strong message

if Japan wins, USA can still advance if Japan scores 8 or more runs, but that will be a tall order against a Korea pitching staff that has a 1.40 ERA for the tournament

I don't know about Korea, but Japan started its spring training on Feb 1

if Japan wins, USA can still advance if Japan scores 8 or more runs, but that will be a tall order against a Korea pitching staff that has a 1.40 ERA for the tournament

I don't know about Korea, but Japan started its spring training on Feb 1

here's the thing about Japan......their team is comprised of players mostly from the Japanese league which is the top league in the world outside of MLB. Korea is a tough team though

another thing thats gotta be taken into consideration.....those asian teams just go for the win instead of racking up the score so if they are up by five or so runs late in the game its a good bet the bench warmers are coming out to seal it up....

mexico got eliminated when they scored their first run - they could have gotten to the semi's if they would've won the game 1-0 in 13 innings. wtf?!?

btw, the US could've qualified for the semi's even by loosing 2-1 yesterday . . . .if they would have been the "home" team.

these tie-breakers are whack! :laugh: