Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Manhattanites....does anyone know of any English pubs....

crommy

Check out a Zagat guide. they have a listing for Pubs I believe.

If you want pub grub (but not necessarily in a pub) check out tea & sympathy in the west village.

If it's soccer action you are looking for, go to Nevada Smith's, right around the corner from webster hall and near the lowes village 7 in the east villagish area.

or check out Chumley's on bedford and barrow streets in the west village. its an old speakeasy that has a pub-like atmosphere complete.

Or Slaughtered Lamb, on W.4th

It's kinda kitschy with the horror theme, but damn good drinks, and okay food.

Killarney Rose is supposed to be OK, but I've never been. It's on Beaver St., off Wall. Little more on the Irish side than British, tho -

------------------

What appears to be a sloppy or meaningless use of words may well be a completely correct use of words to express sloppy or meaningless ideas.

Personally, I like Nevada Smith. It's got a big screen in back plus about 10 additional smaller TVs scattered throughout. They show lotsa Soccer, amongst other sports, galore. Beer is very reasonable (under 5 bucks), they do ID tuff most times. Ambience is veryyy diverse from your typical soccer/sports fanatics, to NYU students, to people waiting for Movies/Webster Hall to start, to Wall Streeters. Been there many times, always satisfied.

------------------

Sticks and Stones may break my bones..but..words..can't..hurt..meeeee...

so there

Nevada Smiths is good for the above menitoned reasons - lots of footy

(my soccer team kicked their team's ass in the inner city world cup this fall - just thought i'd brag)

O'flannigans either the one on 63 and 1st or there's one in the 80's and 2nd - good food, Irish Breakfast, Sheppards pie, etc... Nicer atmosphere than Nevada's..

Thaddy Cons in the 50's and 3rd I think

There are a couple of others on 2nd in the 50'I can't remember their names. They are all right next to one another. I think one is called McCormicks (sp?)

Hope that helps.....

....besides the one at the South St. Seaport?? My parents love that place but I'm thinking there're prob. some others in town somewhere cuz I'm getting sick of going to the same place every time they visit. Thanks!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com