Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wmc Reviews

WMC WEEK ....My Review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Miami weekend by "tymathis"

Well after not having attended the WMC for that past three years, I finally made my return. And I had a blast.

I got into town Thursday morning...started drinking at Karbokane's pad w/ Phily Matt and my girl, and his roomate Sylvan. We all went to the Wet Grooves party. Oh and by the way, i've done blow for over 4-5 years, and what I thought was blow really wasn't...cause once you get to miami, you finally get to try the PURE......and its out of the world... ENOUGH..... with that though.

Wet Grooves was kind sucky cause it rained the whole time, like literally zero sunlight the entire time. But still they were giving out free energy drinks the entire day, and Bad Boy Bill, DJ Dan, and Donald Glaude held it down

Thursday night I went to Space and rolled my nuts off for the first time in over 2 years or so. Steven Lawler was destroying the place. Honestly I have not heard any of his sets since back when he use to do Exit. And I really didn't care for him then....but the man brought some serious rawkus at SPACE Guess how much a bottle of water is at SPACE......$7 dollars...... ya know $10 a bottle is right around the corner

Friday---------NIKKI BEACH TIME...........WHO-HOO!!! Karbokane's neighbor Manny had rented a bed area right in the middle of Nikki Beach. Man did Manny ever show me and my friends love...bottles of kettle and johnny black were going around with fury. I got so drunk........started drinking mojito pitchers... I was feeling good. BUT THE MUSIC SUCKED...i don't even know who was spinning. The sound was real low, the speakers kept going out. My friend told me at night time, Nikki Beach was going nuts though, this Black guy and this white guy were tag teaming some heavy shit. My friend was like, it felt like i was at a rave with the way the two of them were dropping bombs.

Friday night I ended up at Nocturnal.......its right next to space. Its a beautiful designed place I must say. Again my boy Dave Rave's boy from D.C. had a table and was ordering ridiculous bottles of liquor.........DRUNK as a SKUNK.....and was defintely ridin that train....

SATURDAY--------ULTRA.........I get their and just start walking around. I end up at the House Tent and guess whose spinnin....CHOO CHOOO..fuck yeah HARRY ROMERO....man I'm getting chills just thinking about this track he dropped. It had this heavy saxaphone hook and it just kept comming and comming, and the tent was so live...FUCKING REAL HOUSE MUSIC BABY... and when he drop the bass on that sax song I almost started crying looking at all the peeps around me smiling and jumping in unison... and that was only like 3pm I think.

After that me and my girl started watching this guy at one of the Break Beat Tents. This long haired hippie looking dude, whose name was "Bass Nectar" he goes by another name too. But this guy was dropping some nasty breaks... I MEAN RIDICULOUSLY HARD BASS LINES. He ended his set and was got on the mic and was just smiling and said, "hey Ultra I'm bass Nectar and this was ALOT OF FUN!!!" you could see how happy he was.

After that we went to the main stage and heard Infected Mushroom..... The set was nuthing short of spectacular, that parts I saw.

Then we went to the drum and bass tent and heard SHY FX kill it. It was so fun to go nuts to the crazy bass lines, RONI SIZE followed it up...what a legend.....what a legend.....thas all I gotta say.

Saw alittle of Baby Anne too, homegirls SHORT = )

Saw the beginning of Eric Morillo's set, it was coo. He started with that in the beginning THEIR WAS JACK track....he also did a remix of Eddie Murphy's my girl wants to party all the time

CARL COX spun from 7-10 pm. I kept checking in on him, great energy in his tent. He was dropping a HARD TECHNO TRACK, after HARD TECHNO TRACK it was live.

I also stopped in on Sander Kleinberg. He had this hot track that would say all these city names like this "This is NOT New York"...."This is not BERLIN" ...."This is NOT Budapest"...and it kept going naming all these cities, and at the end when he dropped it goes "THIS IS MIAMI!!!!!!" WHOO HOO

Caught the last part of VAN DYKE's set.... I love just looking at all my friends while "TIME OF OUR LIVES" is playing...best song to end it with

Didn't make it to any after hours...........AND THATS MY STORY

"TY MATHIS"

ok this is my story... got in one weds... got drunk all day didnt get to any partys.. i stayed at the clevelander so i hung out wit all the people i went wit and got trashed.. good time

thursday- after the beach it started to rain so i hung out at the clevlander and they had to crobar chicago resident spinning there.. after it stopped raining everyone was outside dancing...he spun stuff u would hear at neptunes but alot of people were having a good time and some were dancing in the rain.. including me... but i had one of the best days doing this gettin soaked and dancing wit some hot girls...at night i stopped by mansion for the f**k me im famous party... heard some of David guetta's set and he was really good had the crowd goin nuts for the world is mine when he dropped it... left around 2:30 to see the man Steve Lawler....in my opinion the party of the conference....played bomb after bomb...built songs till they can no longer go then dropped it... crowd went nuts so many times....went to the terrace when he finished for a bit and it sucked so i left...great party

Fri- went to the shelborne for the oakenfold party...oaky had some sick stuff he played and the last song he did was amazing...sorry cant tell u any of the songs...G and D were really really good... first time hearing them and they didnt disappoint... i think acousta closed it out and he played some really good stuff too... overall a good pool party wasnt too packed but great amount of people showed up though..that night i went to see sander on the terrace but my boy was on a table there at space wit Theo...thanks theo for the drinks by the way...anyways PVD was absolutly amazing... im not into slow windy trance but he didnt play any of that it was crazy sick upbeat trance...kinda of evil and not hard house like when he was here at roseland... i wasnt there but im guessing...he was a pleasant surprise... had the place goin nuts... later on moved onto the terrace for sander.... he play some sick dirty stuff... im mean it was non stop crazy beats... played another one bites the dust, welcome to miami and that this is miami song.... great party once again.

sat.- well i got dragged to the JP nikki beach party... it was a disaster... i dont care if the song sucked... so did the songs he played..lost my glasses there so i got out of there pissed off.. should of took the day off b/c i was getting shot already... well didnt make it to the yoshitoshi party which i wanted to.. only one of my friends had to space pass and he was sleeping and by the time he got up i was sleeping... he went and he said it was really good... he was there for pete tong he said by far the best set he heard the whole time he was there...sucks for me

sunday-the danny t and vc party was out of control...place was packed.. music was so so sick....if u missed that party sucks for u....left at like 7 30 to get ready for tiesto at mansion.... was excited to see this... but did he blow it big time... he played for the euro crowd i believe... no crazy songs all slow stuff...and he had some performance wit whoever sings the waterfall song... watever... pissed that i went and a waste of time... then i tried to get into the subliminal party... couldnt get in even wit the space pass... but everyone that went said it was the best party of the conference... friends who dont like morillo said he was sick and so was choo choo....

Monday- yeh i stayed for 6 crazy days....went to the space nikki beach party... pete tong sander and sharem were all sick...sharem played the eddie murphy song. kinda of dung it.. have to hear it on a good system though to get it...went to the sasha digweed show at like 2...couldnt tell who was on but it was sick.. hard dark evil stuff... very very impressed.. then at like 3 went onto the terrace....i dont know who was playing maybe lee burridge... but he def..beside lawler.. was the highlight for the conference for me...wow if u could believe that i was still able to dance.. i was and the music was crazy... started the set wit welcome to miami.. ifu were there u know was song it was... played queen..place went nuts for this... left at like 4 b/c i had to leave my hotel at like 730 toi catch my flight

first time at the conference.. craziest 6 days of my life...i dont think i would ever do 6 days again.. way way way too much on ur body... but ill never forget the partys and all the people i met down there...done

Glynn

steve porter played the terrace from 2-4am during the sasha and digweed night... i am guessing that was him?

tall dude in a blue shirt?

That was Porter. He rocked the place! Him & Zabiela were my highlights of that night.

This was our second year going and we had a great time once again. The music this year was off the hook...memorable moments from the evening BadBoyBill, DJ Icey, Carl Cox, and that big dome with the guy who was eating electricity:) We tried to make it everywhere, but spent most of our time in the House and Carl Cox & Friend's tents.

Seemed to be a lot more people there this year, and I didnt like the layout compared to last year either. The fence along the ocean front was all blocked off, which kind of killed the mood a tiny bit. Sitting in the trees last year over by the ocean side fence was the best place to hang out and just chill.

Seemed to be more varied merchants last year as well...this year it was mostly all food and such.

No Timo Maas:(

And the biggest detractor of this year's Ultra? NO WATER TENT!! Last year there was a tent with water running constantly where you could fill up bottles, wash your hands, grab a quick drink, etc. Really nice gesture...

This year, they had all the water held up inside a big chain link fence and you werent getting any of it unless you waited in line and shelled out $5 a bottle. THAT was pretty lame.

Small grievances, really, all in all an excellent time. Didnt hit any after parties, just headed back to a friend's house and stayed up till 8am having a great time just hanging out.

All in all, a great experience and hope to make it down again next year:)

Mezza

Got in on Thursday. Was psyched becasue my hotel upgraded me to the penthouse. Went to a strip club on Lincoln which did not serve alcoholic drinks?! Wound up at some hotel on Collins and had a good time.

Friday went to Wet Grooves @ Albion. The rain was obviosly not ideal but it did dry up a little later...Artist of note - Eddie Halliwell. I had never heard him before but he really killed it. Am keeping an eye out for him in the future.

Friday - slept till 4pm then went to Wet Grooves at Nikkie Beach (damn that place was full of hot women!!). BT and Benny Benassi...have liked BT for a long time but just have been checking out benny Benassi...he made a few mistakes but overall he really has some good shit. Went from there to a friends hotel room until 6am when I stumbled home. Slept all the next day but was able to pick up some cool clothes I have never seen here in NYC.

Overall had a great time!

WMC was ridiculous... I got in Monday night... stayed @ the Delano. The place is bananas.. definitely by far one of the best hotels in South Beach. The party @ the Victor got shut down before we could even go there!! We ended up going to Cielo that night (not sure who was spinning) but the vibe was hot to start off the night. Then we all headed over to Nocturnal of course for JP... I heard there was a huge fuck up @ Nikki Beach with the sound system and everything but he was definitely doing his thing Monday night... spinning some crazy shit....

Tuesday I was passed the fuck out because I came home @ 8am and the person I went with gets a call @ 1 saying he needs to be at the Clevelander party by 2 to DJ! (thanks binoy lol) Soo i'm like hungover... but it's all good because as soon as Chus and Ceballos came on - that was it haha they did such an amazing set. The place got so crowded by 6pm... it was definitely Deko up in there haha. HMM.. then some girl threw a drink at me so I left there because I wanted NO DRAMA in South Beach... and I headed over to Sushi Samba for a few. I have to say - Harry Choo Choo Romero is one of my favorite producers right now haha such a down to earth guy ;-) We left there after like a half hour and headed over to Space. Of course out of all nights - when it's Chus & Ceballos/Roger Sanchez, this is the night i'm sick... soo before I even get to hear Roger, i went back to the room @ 3ish =( Of course, once again, Chus & Ceballos tore it up. I kept hearing that "FREAKS COME OUT OF NOWHERE" song & "Elektro" everywhere!! Seems like those were the 2 songs of the entire conference....

Wednesday I just chilled out by our hotel... I'm sitting by the pool, tanning, and I look across the pool and fucking Jamie Fox is just chillin with his friends haha. He definitely did NOT wanna be bothered though... We all left there, grabbed something to eat, and hit up Score that night. But I was still sick so I left @ 3 and didn't get to hear Danny's whole set. He shocked me though - he was playing some realllly good shit... he had a totally different sound that he usually does... The crowd was going crazyyyy...

I just got back a couple hours ago... Haha anyone who's still in Miami, watch our for Happy Hour Matt from KTU lmao South Beach wasn't ready for him hahaha... anyone who was @ Delano today or Score last night knows what I'm talking about... Can't wait till next conference!! For a first time, it was an amaazziingg week and I couldn't have gone with better people than everybody from Deko/Abyss... but I definitely didn't pace myself as much as I should've... Felt soo shiittyyy from too much drinking. I came back with some good music though =)

What I want to know who the hell was that mc on the rooftop in one of those downtown clubs early sunday morning at around early 9am that week?

I heard him say some funny shit that had me laughing all the way from 9th street. I was there doing some work with the sound crew at metropolis.