Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO THINKS S&D ARE COMPLETELY MEDIOCRE/AVERAGE?

Not to diss anyone but seriously, I can't possibly be the only one here who doesn't get this butt duo. They sound completely mediocre to me. And I gave them a chance, I have like 3 of their CD's that I borrowed from a friend (im one cheap bastard). Geez, they fucking sound like a DJ that plays at College parties. WTF is wrong with this picture.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with ya bastard...

I think S&D are totally boring...what they play isnt house..isnt trance..isnt techno..its that in between stuff....

Now..I have heard sets of theirs that are ok..and I did used to go to hear them every month but I stopped end of 98'..before the hoardes of clueless people started to come..even the last time I went..S&D got out of a cab right in front of everyone..and I was the only one who knew it was them...

Everyone is entitled to their own taste.. smile.gifI just happen to like pure house, pure trance, or pure techno...no in between...that's just me.. smile.gif

-J

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

I agree. I think S&D should stick to S&M, and leave the spinning to real DJ's like Oakie. Those 2 couldn't spin their way out of a bottle let alone spin in a club for a nite. Hopefully 1 day, on their cross-Atlantic trip to the US, their plane will take a detour......thru the Atlantic Ocean.

peace

------------------

Short people got no reason..short people got no, no reason...

Originally posted by Jilly:

I think S&D are totally boring...what they play isnt house..isnt trance..isnt techno..its that in between stuff....

Now..I have heard sets of theirs that are ok..and I did used to go to hear them every month but I stopped end of 98'..before the hoardes of clueless people started to come..even the last time I went..S&D got out of a cab right in front of everyone..and I was the only one who knew it was them...

Everyone is entitled to their own taste.. smile.gifI just happen to like pure house, pure trance, or pure techno...no in between...that's just me.. smile.gif

-J

not only are your comments about their music being inbetween assinine, your higher than thou attitude is totally unappreciated. hoards of clueless, i was the only one who recognized them blah blah blah. i guess thats what its all about, knowing what the djs look like. and for your info digweed will span prettymuch every genre of electronic music in a single night, and asides from the 3 tracks you heard last month, it'll all be new to your ears...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

-J

Jilly....WHEN am I going to meet you???? Dead on the money with this one. oh and hey....I need to borrow my brain this weekend, can I have the part that we share back? only for the weekend...I promise to give it back. = )

cwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm27.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

www.Hardhaus.com

Originally posted by msoprano13:

I AGREE, TO ME THEIR MUSIC IS TOO SOFT AND TRANCEY, I LOVE THE HARD ASS BEATS

i agree i love thse hard ass beats, and i also agree with jilly and apothesis.

not everyone has to like s&d. and if i dont like it that doesnt mean i don't know music, or whats good music. cwm7.gif

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

I think that is exactly what makes S&D the best and in fact, untouchable......by the way, it's not that it's none of the above, it more like all of them intermingled in the sets........those two know exactly when to bring them out.....that's the beauty of their sets......perfect song selection, perfect timing for those songs, and perfect execution every time......I don't think nobody on earth can duplicate a S&D set and that, in my opinion, is what makes them the best.......as for not being hard, I don't know where people get that from.......they're just not hard always......they bring you up and down, back and forth throughout the set.......I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that but I do think people should make sure they're accurate in what they say before coming out with it.......

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Like someone said S&D play as hard as you can get, but just not all the time. Personally, I think hard house DJs can get very boring because all they play is that bam bam bam repetitive shit all the time. DOn't get me wrong, I LOVE hard stuff, but not for 8 hours straight. IMO, there's no intelligence in that. Again just MO.

smile.gif

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Originally posted by raver_mania:

Personally, I think hard house DJs can get very boring because all they play is that bam bam bam repetitive shit all the time. DOn't get me wrong, I LOVE hard stuff, but not for 8 hours straight. IMO, there's no intelligence in that. Again just MO.

smile.gif

well some ppl like me love the hard stuff for 8 hours straight and even more. Not shit i wanna go to sleep.

------------------

amafrk1@yahoo.com

i don't think it is a matter of talent as rat bastard put it (S&D being mediocre or average). in fact, they are very gifted when it comes to mixing and music...

HOWEVER, IMHO, i think S&D sets are way too slow and trancey until after 5AM. i've been to see S&D much more than any of the resident dj's at twilo and it's the same routine, maybe with diferent songs and different order... before you jump down my throat, what i mean is... slow stuff until ~ 6AM and then hard stuff until 11AM.

for ME, i wish they could blend hard and fast with slow and winding throughout the night... that's a TRUE journey for ME. i really like S&D (well at least D) and they are definitely well beyond mediocre, but i only enjoy them after 6AM. Diggs ROCKS, Sasha... well i honestly don't know what all the fuss is about (IMO).

for ME (stressing ME), it's like being inside an aquarium listening to bubbles blow underwater until 6AM... then someone lets me out and WOW!!! HOLY SH*T... now it's kickin'.

i wish PVD came to twilo monthly as well. then i'd be rockin' ALL night.

just my $0.02... cwm30.gifcwm9.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." - Old Sage Twilo

Everything is subject to opinion thus you are not the only one that thinks that S&D are boring. I have talked to many people who don't care for the whole Trance thang!!!

Me, on the other hand, LUV S&D!!! I have for many years. I am more inclined towards Trance music.!!!

cwm6.gifcwm1.gifcwm7.gif

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

well some ppl like me love the hard stuff for 8 hours straight and even more. Not shit i wanna go to sleep.

To each their own...musical journeys aren't for everyone smile.gif.

------------------

Nietzche

S&D are hard as they get after 6AM... have you ever seen a whole live set of theirs? their cd's do them no justice.

what you may want to try out is a night when PVD is playing at twilo. this may be to your liking... please note LIVE is soooooo mucher better than cd. maybe, just maybe you may change your tune...

peace cwm30.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." - Old Sage Twilo

Originally posted by kaspr:

Digweed is not a trance DJ. Not even close. Unless you consider someone who plays maybe one trancey song a night a trance DJ.

Yeah, I've also tried telling people that - but they never seem to get it. Also, Sasha might have been a trance DJ a couple of years ago, but I don't think you can classify him as such anymore.

------------------

Nietzche

Sasha & Digweed are all about the journey. it's a winding road that lasts seven, eight hours with a big payoff at the end. Some might say, early in the set its a little slow, a little boring etc. I like to get there around 4 or 5 when its picks up a bit.

I like that there is a logical progression to their set, rather than a series of anthems or one progressive tune after another a la Gatecrasher that doesnt lead you anywhere. That's fine for a two hour set, but not for a longer six, seven hour stint.

Individually, they are great DJs, no doubt, but by the way people fixate on S&D starting a week or two before they roll into town (same with PVD) you would think that they last DJs on earth!

True, since S & D are so popular, you get lots of folks who come out for them who wouldn't come out for Pappa or Quivver or other lesser known DJs. But, IMO, the people and vibe from 6 on is great.

And while some may go out for the people or the vibe, I go out primarily for the music. And if the music is top-notch, the rest will take care of itself

Yeah, I've also tried telling people that - but they never seem to get it. Also, Sasha might have been a trance DJ a couple of years ago, but I don't think you can classify him as such anymore.

I have been trying to explain it to people for a while now. Some people just don't want to listen. We'll get through eventually.

Originally posted by k_car:

S&D are hard as they get after 6AM... have you ever seen a whole live set of theirs? their cd's do them no justice.

what you may want to try out is a night when PVD is playing at twilo. this may be to your liking... please note LIVE is soooooo mucher better than cd. maybe, just maybe you may change your tune...

peace cwm30.gif

yeah i will probaly come see them live one time, but after 6 only. I did listen to their cd's and it doesnt' do anything to me, just like someone said "its like being in an aquarium and hearing bubbles break" (quote was something like that).

------------------

amafrk1@yahoo.com

yeah i will probaly come see them live one time, but after 6 only. I did listen to their cd's and it doesnt' do anything to me, just like someone said "its like being in an aquarium and hearing bubbles break" (quote was something like that).

So you haven't even seen them live and you've formed an opinion about them? As with many other DJs, their CDs do not reflect how they peform live. Their CDs are for mostly listening, and much more journey oriented. And it'd be better if you came at 5am cuz that transition is one of the biggest highs of the night (for me at least). In fact, tomorrow promises to be a spectacular show - you should give it a try.

------------------

Nietzche

So you haven't even seen them live and you've formed an opinion about them? As with many other DJs, their CDs do not reflect how they peform live. Their CDs are for mostly listening, and much more journey oriented. And it'd be better if you came at 5am cuz that transition is one of the biggest highs of the night (for me at least). In fact, tomorrow promises to be a spectacular show - you should give it a try.

well i am sorry if a dj's cd isn't good to e, unfortunately makes me get an opinion that they play the same stuff live. like i said i would try it once, but not this friday, this friday its EXIT time.

cwm32.gif

------------------

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by kaspr:

Digweed is not a trance DJ. Not even close. Unless you consider someone who plays maybe one trancey song a night a trance DJ.

I agree with you to an extent (because I have heard his solo stuff on CD), but IMO when S&D are together Digweed does have a trance-essence feel to his music (not necessarily including from 6am on when he takes a baseball bat to your head and slams you hard for the rest of the nite to the point that you don't even know if you are coming or going...as does Sasha).

2 more of my cents!!!

cwm7.gif

okay first off i have heard some cd's and i do not like them, maybe live is different but i really dont care, and what is this about the journey, people have mentioned this before and the journey sucks, i forgot who said it but that person said"i like to go to a club and be smashed over the head with a sledgs hammer" now that what im talking about, and why do i have to stay until after 6 am to hear the hard ass beats, what is that all about. i like to dance hardcore all night, not only after a certain time, by those comments being said that only validates my statements that the music is soft for a a majority of the night

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

Originally posted by brandie:

LOL!!!!!!!

nope that one NEVER makes it into the system . . . so of course it's too soft wink.gif

luv,

brandie

once again brandie you are right, merry christmas

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

Originally posted by msoprano13:

okay first off i have heard some cd's and i do not like them, maybe live is different but i really dont care, and what is this about the journey, people have mentioned this before and the journey sucks, i forgot who said it but that person said"i like to go to a club and be smashed over the head with a sledgs hammer" now that what im talking about, and why do i have to stay until after 6 am to hear the hard ass beats, what is that all about. i like to dance hardcore all night, not only after a certain time, by those comments being said that only validates my statements that the music is soft for a a majority of the night

thats what i am talking about ........... cwm7.gifcwm7.gifcwm7.gif

------------------

amafrk1@yahoo.com