Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why dont the pigs ever raid the Webser Hall?

Why is it here about these same type of clubs getting busted for drugs and underage drinking but not the webster hall? You always here about avalon, spirit and pacha. The tunnel back in the day. What the fuck keeps the webster hall around for so many boring years?

Because noone goes there so thier is nothing to raid..common sense.

Actually, not really. I was on my way to Crobar last nite and saw a huge ass line at 10:30 coming to where that Lowes Theatre was. Apparently, its packing out. The thing with them is probably that some cop walked in and saw bumping and grinding along with the wet T-shirt contest and figured he was at the wrong place. Hes like it must be a hip hop party. Lets leave. BWAHAHAHAHAHAA. :funny:

I didnt know where to go last nite because all the clubs i found out along the way were closed. my friend was in from florida and i thought fast last minute it was getting late by this time to go to webster hall because i knew it couldnt be one of the clubs raided. actually webster hall is not at all what it used to be. i used to go there 1999-2000. it was empty, noone there. it sucked big time and the dj couldnt dj. i would say that club will prob just eventually close i think the cops work on the big clubs that they know are always packed with a line outside to close them down. i couldnt believe how dead it was at webster hall. i remember that place used to be packed! but who knows maybe someone pays off these cops there with more money since they have been open for many years i dunno.

I figured this would be a good time to chime in. Lets just say I have been at Webster Hall employed for a while.

Webster Hall is the most successful night club in NYC history because it is very consistent. What does this mean? Well it is the ONLY night club that does not and never has used promoters. Promoters all have their own version of a theme and music and usually encourages drug use. Webster Hall is very strict when it comes to under age drinking and Drugs. WE HAVE A ZERO tolerance.

Webster Hall will be around for another 100 years because of these reasons. I bet if you worked at a club you wish you worked at one that is consistentanly busy with no risk of getting shut down.

If you like to party with average people then Webster Hall is for you. If you think you are above the norm then try some where else.

Thank you

Webster Hall is the most successful night club in NYC history because it is very consistent.

Yeah because people who know nothing about the scene go there. Then a few months later, they realize, "Why the fuck did I ever step foot in that place?"

It's B&T and Underage After-Prom kiddie bullshit in that building. It's seen better days.

Promoters all have their own version of a theme and music and usually encourages drug use. Webster Hall is very strict when it comes to under age drinking and Drugs. WE HAVE A ZERO tolerance.

We should make sure the promoters for Pacha, MADE and Crobar remember to not advertise E pills and K on the flyer. Apparently, they are sending the wrong message out to clubbers about what their parties are all about. :aright::rolleyes:

he's sorta right on the fact that promoters encourage drugs... i dont know if this is exactly what he meant, but whenever i go to spirit, or crobar, or whatever... as i'm walking towards the entrance, and as the promoters hand me a flyer, 1 out of 3 times they whisper to me, "i got them shrooms, e, and snow"

Exactly...How the fuck can you run a club and NOT promote the fucking parties...In fact, wasn't there just a thread on here talking about some DJ from Greece. Bar Mitzvah's and Wedding DJs...

This isn't promotion? Looks like a promotional flyer to me.

1- http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=302821&highlight=webster+hall

2- http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=301760&highlight=webster+hall (Cascada Album release) :rofl:

3- http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=297970&highlight=webster+hall (Cascada Live Performance) :rofl:

Yeah...you guys don't use promoters/promotion :rolleyes:

I never said we dont promote the club, of course we do. We don't use outside promoters. As I stated Promoters have their own idea's and when they they leave and another promoter comes in they have another idea. This is where you never have consistency and you confuse the crowd of people. The Greek ministry of Tourism promotion is all in house with DJ ODY ROC, club Space, and Paradiso from Mykonos

There was a time where Webster Hall was cool, back in the early 90's...now obviously not. More for the clueless and touristy...however that's fine, that's what they do and they obviously do it well.

They also have nites promotionally connected to radio stations like Z-100 on weekend nites which I'm sure help them out plenty money wise.

Maybe they're paying off the right people, or maybe there really isn't the crowd that these cops think they should be targeting. Also Webster has been around so long isn't the building considered a landmark or something? I could totally be making this up but for some reason that's floating around in my head right now.

Yeah, everyone at Webster is just drinking $9.00 beers and $12.00 shots. For any promoter or employee to claim their club is drug free is laughable. Speaking as someone who has sat in the VIP lounge at Webster and passed around the bump-a-lator and been offered everything in the alphabet on the dance floor, I can only assume Webster Hall enjoys some sort of "special relationship" with the NYPD.

The bottom line is that those who run NYC have clearly decided that a thriving club scene is not part of what they see as Disneyland North. Let's be honest, the scene is fueled on chemicals (and please, all you "we only came to dance" types, spare me your lectures). Clubs such as Spirit and Avalon make no serious effort to police themselves and if they did no one would pay $50 to get in. The last time I was at Spirit, when Danny Teneglia was there, it looked like a cast party for Night of the Living Dead. I was just waiting for some cracked out 19 year old to puke on me or drop dead at my feet.

One other note...if, as suggested in another thread, this was some giant conspiracy to crack down on gay clubs, why was Roxy spared?

Yeah, everyone at Webster is just drinking $9.00 beers and $12.00 shots. For any promoter or employee to claim their club is drug free is laughable. Speaking as someone who has sat in the VIP lounge at Webster and passed around the bump-a-lator and been offered everything in the alphabet on the dance floor, I can only assume Webster Hall enjoys some sort of "special relationship" with the NYPD.

The bottom line is that those who run NYC have clearly decided that a thriving club scene is not part of what they see as Disneyland North. Let's be honest, the scene is fueled on chemicals (and please, all you "we only came to dance" types, spare me your lectures). Clubs such as Spirit and Avalon make no serious effort to police themselves and if they did no one would pay $50 to get in. The last time I was at Spirit, when Danny Teneglia was there, it looked like a cast party for Night of the Living Dead. I was just waiting for some cracked out 19 year old to puke on me or drop dead at my feet.

One other note...if, as suggested in another thread, this was some giant conspiracy to crack down on gay clubs, why was Roxy spared?

I agree. I've seen everything at webster hall that I've seen at other clubs. Except good music now. hehe