Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Morillo last night!!!

I know there is going to be mixed feelings on my opinion, but the music was horrible last night. Seriuosly he did not build any type of vibe through out the night. I remember awhile back when he played in Crobar he got on the mic and said he wasnt going to talk too much on the mic cause he didnt want to sound like "Another NY DJ" ( which he was referring to DT ). From what i seen last night he wouldnt shut the fuck up all night long NEW YORK CITYYYYYYY we are now entering phase 1-45. You would think if u keep getting on the mic letting people know they are entering another stage of the night you would play some good tunez...lol

Here is what i have to say, you can never sound like DT. Dont even put yourself in the same boat as him. All- in-all weak party..

Oh yea and keep P. Diddy off the god damn mic!!!

I know there is going to be mixed feelings on my opinion, but the music was horrible last night. Seriuosly he did not build any type of vibe through out the night. I remember awhile back when he played in Crobar he got on the mic and said he wasnt going to talk too much on the mic cause he didnt want to sound like "Another NY DJ" ( which he was referring to DT ). From what i seen last night he wouldnt shut the fuck up all night long NEW YORK CITYYYYYYY we are now entering phase 1-45. You would think if u keep getting on the mic letting people know they are entering another stage of the night you would play some good tunez...lol

Here is what i have to say, you can never sound like DT. Dont even put yourself in the same boat as him. All- in-all weak party..

hahaha new york cityyyyyyyy... then p diddy.. happy birthdayy morillllllooooooo...that was funny haha

I've flown off the handle on two other boards about last night. I can't stress it enough...I HATE HATE HATE those fucking bullshit afterhours beats he puts in, everything sounds the like the same shit and its Track 1234 by ABCD on some shitty cd somewhere, and would never get played unless its in a club to 2000 of his cracked out fans. I knew he would turn it over eventually, but I couldn't take it anymore. I bounced at 8am

I agree with everything mentioned in this thread and I will add that everyone says JP's fan are ugly/trash/B&T and what not. That crowd last night was fucking horrid. On line to get in the club 2 asian guys puking. I then pointed out to them that they should drop their pills after the actually enter the club. What the hell is happening here.

Im sorry. It was a halfway decent party but many aspects of the night just ruined it. This phase shit has to go. Listen...play your music and disconnect the damn MIC. Just do what you are paid to do. If we wanted to hear anyone speak in a club i'd go to a hip hop club with fat man scoop.

I cannot wait for the 15th. No matter what any of you say, there will finally be some well deserved hard beats back on 46th street.

Tek

w/e man it was his b-day let him do whatever the fuck he wants. I had fun last night, but they really need to turn up the music on the 2nd floor, especially in the vip.

first....u cant compare DT to Morillo.....cause Morillo in an international DJ........second I agree with Morillo falling off a bit on his music judging from the past past times i ve seen him

Plus refering to someone above who posted sopmethign about his crowd.......yea i dont know what the fuck happened to his crowd....it used to be the sexiest and good looking corwd back 2 years ago.....nows it just disgusting

first....u cant compare DT to Morillo.....cause Morillo in an international DJ........second I agree with Morillo falling off a bit on his music judging from the past past times i ve seen him

Plus refering to someone above who posted sopmethign about his crowd.......yea i dont know what the fuck happened to his crowd....it used to be the sexiest and good looking corwd back 2 years ago.....nows it just disgusting

And Danny Tenaglia is not an internation DJ?????

And yes i do agree u cannot compare them 2.

Tenaglia is just untouchable!

any trainspots on erick? i last saw him middle of 05 at crobar i thought it was really good, altho very diff from his strict subliminal ny house sound of 2000.

has he really dumbed his sound down that much this year? based on how good hes been in the past Im surprised at all these vicious reviews; i want to check him out in 06 but hvnt yet. i think hes playing every 2 weeks or so this spring so i hope to catch him by may

I think this all boils down to THE WORST SOUND SYSTEM in a club!!!

I want a crisp and clean sounding system to hear every aspect of a track. That "whoo, whoo, whoo" of muffled bass just ruined every track. It was either the system in the club or Mirillo not working the EQ's right.

We all couldn't possibly been at the same party. That shit was RIDICULOUS!!! I loved the music, crowd and vibe and the very BEST time was at the very end. I stayed there until the last record, because I simply COULD NOT leave. Y'all crazy.

what was that comment about ERICK MORILLO being "INTERNATIONAL" and not DANNY TENAGLIA, how old are you and how long you been into this scene?

Danny Tenaglia is a music legend and is respected the world over, dont go by any stupid dj magazines or websites top 100 polls. Heres some info for you out of the past 20yrs of the WINTER MUSIC CONFERENCE, 15yrs in a row DANNY TENAGLIAS party attracts a whos who of the industry worldwide to his parties.

morillo is not in tenaglias league by any means neccesary ..DT has his own sound! theres only a few dj"s that actually have their very own sound where you can identify them immediatly..morillo has not gotten their yet..as dt not being international LOL are you kidding me??

From what i seen last night he wouldnt shut the fuck up all night long NEW YORK CITYYYYYYY we are now entering phase 1-45.

By far WORST Set ever Played.

Stupid phases, Puff was just pathetic, Stupid and Mothofoking horrible.

I will stick with: S man, Calderone, DT, Vibe and Sasha.

what was that comment about ERICK MORILLO being "INTERNATIONAL" and not DANNY TENAGLIA, how old are you and how long you been into this scene?

Danny Tenaglia is a music legend and is respected the world over, dont go by any stupid dj magazines or websites top 100 polls. Heres some info for you out of the past 20yrs of the WINTER MUSIC CONFERENCE, 15yrs in a row DANNY TENAGLIAS party attracts a whos who of the industry worldwide to his parties.

thank you tenaglia not an international dj wtf he is one of the best in the world cant wait for next week at spirit

DAMN!!!!! I knew Morillo was slippin a little, but damn by all these post saying he was horrible, he has really fallen. Well it was his bday, and maybe he eat some things or put somethings up his nose to celebrate a little. Next time he better be nasty, or I have a fear Pacha will be borded up soon.

I have to add my .02 because it needs to be said. I have been a Morillo fan for many years and I think that he has lost his soul and funk when in the US. I only say that because anytime you hear him play over seas he playes the way he should here. I only say that because I personally think that he is trying to appeal to the masses of uneducated club goers that won't appreciate him unless he plays big room tribal. Perfect example is when he played "Generate Power" from 92 on Strictly. All the real heads were like "Holy Shit" and cheered, while the rest of the club just looked around like a bunch of lost puppies. I think that he was out of control on Friday night, and I will be the first to say when he sucks. Yea the big room sound that he has converted to has turned off a lot of his old fans and has tarnished his image with the real heads, but you have to realize that he is playing to people that are just out to "be sceen" they don't give a shit about music. They are more concerned about having on a $100.00 D&G shirt on and getting the best table with the most expensive bottle on it, making sure that they look like a million bucks, then they do about the music. That is what big room clubs in NYC have come to, not real clubers that know music. Mind you there are real heads in the clubs but we are the minority now.

When he plays over seas he is playing to real music lovers so he is more comfortable playing the type of tracks that us old school fans remember him for.

As far as my review for Friday night, I thought he was on point for the crowd that he was playing to. The vibe was great I and the music was good. He slipped in a good selection of tracks to keep the real house heads happy and keep the energy up. He completely redeemed himself in my eyes from that horrendous display in Miami, where I thought his programming was terrible and his mixing was an atrousity.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it...............

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Legendary Danny Tenaglia parties in WMC!

I have to add my .02 because it needs to be said. I have been a Morillo fan for many years and I think that he has lost his soul and funk when in the US. I only say that because anytime you hear him play over seas he playes the way he should here. I only say that because I personally think that he is trying to appeal to the masses of uneducated club goers that won't appreciate him unless he plays big room tribal. Perfect example is when he played "Generate Power" from 92 on Strictly. All the real heads were like "Holy Shit" and cheered, while the rest of the club just looked around like a bunch of lost puppies. I think that he was out of control on Friday night, and I will be the first to say when he sucks. Yea the big room sound that he has converted to has turned off a lot of his old fans and has tarnished his image with the real heads, but you have to realize that he is playing to people that are just out to "be sceen" they don't give a shit about music. They are more concerned about having on a $100.00 D&G shirt on and getting the best table with the most expensive bottle on it, making sure that they look like a million bucks, then they do about the music. That is what big room clubs in NYC have come to, not real clubers that know music. Mind you there are real heads in the clubs but we are the minority now.

When he plays over seas he is playing to real music lovers so he is more comfortable playing the type of tracks that us old school fans remember him for.

As far as my review for Friday night, I thought he was on point for the crowd that he was playing to. The vibe was great I and the music was good. He slipped in a good selection of tracks to keep the real house heads happy and keep the energy up. He completely redeemed himself in my eyes from that horrendous display in Miami, where I thought his programming was terrible and his mixing was an atrousity.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it...............

Erick was really good early on he played all new songs till about 5am then he stuck with his usual afterhours hard tribal till late then he picked up again round 9am....As far as him playing like he use to i agree wtih the post above, when he played big love i didnt see the crowd react in anyway what so ever but when he played sun rising up for the millionth time everyone went nuts....It's not his fault the nyc crowd likes all that stuff now, he's doing the right thing by catering to his crowd and makin his fans happy....

I'll be back there when he tag teams with everyone for Hex's bday

LOL!

I got there at 3 and left at 12:30 when shit was shut down. I haven't been clubbing since SEPTEMBER and I couldn't have picked a better night to resurface. I saw so many old faces and that made the night even better, I even ran into ol' boy with the pirate hat from Disco! And so many other people that I haven't seen in about two years. It reallly made my night.

What I liked most about the evening and the music that he played was that most of them were my favorite songs from all of his CD collections he has out, or reminded me of Disco and even seeing him at Buzz when I lived in DC. Of course, at Pacha there was plenty of room and then some for us all. And when they closed the other floors and we all had to go downstairs, he REALLY got us all on the floor and kept us there til the end. He made sure that once we had to stay on the dance floor that we actually DANCED cause the music he was playing at the time (AND the bass on the floor) was incredible. The only part of the set that I didn't like was way before that, when he played some techy stuff for about half an hour. Forgiveable! It was the man's birthday and he was probably playing what HE loved (especially all the old school house at the end) and WE love and it WORKED. Him being on the mic didn't bother me at all, it kept the crowd hyped, phase 1-whatever, the crowd was right there with screaming in response to it so what's the fuss?

The crowd was SO much fun, and I forgot how gorgeous the boys were. GOTDAYUM. The ladies were stunning too. And everyone was having a great time, and I think that we all fed off of each other's energy! I met so many new people, plus the COOLEST guys from Ireland and Scotland; they had just come from their boy's wedding and two of them were wearing kilts!!! How they ended up at Pacha is beyond me (THEY didn't even know!!!) but they had a fucking BLAST and it was fun just watching them wildin out. :laugh:

I don't know when I'll be going out again but I had enough fun to tide me over for a WHILE.