Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Morillo last night!!!

Morillo was FUCKINNNNN CRAZYYYY...def his best set so far that ive heard him at PACHA, addin puffy to the mix was perfect crowd was goin crazy....as much as people bitch when he's on the mic i think it makes everythin more fun....Highlight of my nite was LETS GET UP AND LETSS GETT ILLLL.....

I have to add my .02 because it needs to be said. I have been a Morillo fan for many years and I think that he has lost his soul and funk when in the US. I only say that because anytime you hear him play over seas he playes the way he should here. I only say that because I personally think that he is trying to appeal to the masses of uneducated club goers that won't appreciate him unless he plays big room tribal. Perfect example is when he played "Generate Power" from 92 on Strictly. All the real heads were like "Holy Shit" and cheered, while the rest of the club just looked around like a bunch of lost puppies. I think that he was out of control on Friday night, and I will be the first to say when he sucks. Yea the big room sound that he has converted to has turned off a lot of his old fans and has tarnished his image with the real heads, but you have to realize that he is playing to people that are just out to "be sceen" they don't give a shit about music. They are more concerned about having on a $100.00 D&G shirt on and getting the best table with the most expensive bottle on it, making sure that they look like a million bucks, then they do about the music. That is what big room clubs in NYC have come to, not real clubers that know music. Mind you there are real heads in the clubs but we are the minority now.

When he plays over seas he is playing to real music lovers so he is more comfortable playing the type of tracks that us old school fans remember him for.

As far as my review for Friday night, I thought he was on point for the crowd that he was playing to. The vibe was great I and the music was good. He slipped in a good selection of tracks to keep the real house heads happy and keep the energy up. He completely redeemed himself in my eyes from that horrendous display in Miami, where I thought his programming was terrible and his mixing was an atrousity.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it...............

where can i get a D&G shirt for only 100 bucks lol

Ive only seen morillo once and wasnt impressed with his style and talking on the MIC but id give it another shot.

erick has really regressed as a DJ. i realized this 4-5 years ago when he became the leading advocate for CDJ's and basically all but foregoing vinyl. last couple of parties ive been to have been HORRENDOUS..especially ones with Puff ( and i love Puff). he's a totally different DJ in europe...unfortunately here in NYC he doesnt even have to try..he knows he has the aforemetioned 2K peeps that will come out..eat pills..and spend $ @ his party..

another one bites the dust

i saw him in vegas the next night and he got on the mic saying he spun a 14 hour set.. supposedly he started at ten but i doubt it...

He came on around 12. I was there when he came on. The girl I was with never heard any of his commercial stuff, so she wanted to go early.

So he spun from 12-1/1:30