Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JR Vasquez & (Host) Christina Visca give you BASSLINE: The Return 2006 4/28/06

[quote name=backupqueen

Sounds like a great move. Hopefully it will do to JR what it did to Danny few years back, at Vinyl ...

Anybody knows if this goes afterhours on Saturday morning?

IMHO Jr's career has peaked and climaxed a long time ago-Arena era. And during the height of his career, not even DT could touch him so I don't think he has to worry whether or not his career will be as popular as Tenaglia's. Anybody who was around for Jr's gigs during his little residency at Palladium knows what I'm talking about. As for now, well, let's quote his diva friend Deborah Cox, "Things just ain't the same."

Just to give you people the heads up. I went to the Shelter party last Saturday and it was great but WAY TO HOT! The room is PERFECT! A real down and dirty house room, no glitz no glam. Sound is AMAZING, like Twilo and not hollow like Shelter was when they put in the Twilo syayem. It just simply never worked in that room. Should be a great party.

Here's a quote from Junior's manager:

Hey everyone,

We'd like to remind you to please arrive at Bassline by 3am. Junior is playing in Houston on Saturday night, so the party won't go on till crazy hours in the morning...

7 is what we're looking at now.

Have you heard his recent trainwrecks, I mean, XM shows? It's all tired circuit screaming diva lameness.

The 2nd hour 2AM - 3AM is mostly progressive beats and electro grooves. I believe you will enjoy that hour better, if you have listened to the second hours. Here is a file you can listen to from a previous Jr's World Hour 2. They are also available free on Junior's website for you to download, but I have a feeling you just don't like him, regardless of the music he plays. You have a right to your own opinion. :)

2-3am Eastern time

HOUR 2

(The Beats)

http://www.box.net/public/vqvlvpcy6t

1/Mike Teave, “Chocolate Factory†(?)

2/Tim Rex, “Relentless†(Eightball)

3/Aston Martinez, “Twisted†acapella (Stealth)

4/Basement Jaxx, “Fly Life†(Atlantic Jaxx)

5/Eric Entrena & Pro, “Electrible†(Bilinguad)

6/Midlight, “Deep In†(Kaos)

7/Peter Presta, “I Want It Liquid†(Archangle)

8/Bananarama, “Move In My Direction†(Edel)

9/Coldplay, “?†(white label)

10/Madonna, “Sorry†(white label)

11/We Kings of New York, “Touch Me†(Jax Traxx)

12/Bass and Penn, “Rush†(Urbana)

13/Lectroluv, “Bring It On Back†(?)

14/?, “Move Your Body†(?)

heres a review that is up on Juniors board. anyone else ?i didnt make it sooo i cant say.

djbillycarroll Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:32 am

For all the years I have been around (no jokes please), I have never posted anything on any message board EVER! I will admit to being a closet reader from time to time, but last night's party at Bassline compels me to comment.

I know Junior's fans span decades, and we have all had many memorable experiences together throughout the years...but for you kids who have heard the stories that start like.... " this is great, but you should seen it back in the days when......"

Well, now you can. Last night's party was EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS LIKE BACK IN THE DAYS! The people, the diversity, the smiles, the energy, the staff, THE SPACE, & THE MUSIC!

I didn't mean to put the music last, but if you are on this message board, you already know about the music. It's like preaching to the choir here. But at least for me, last night, all the stars were in alignment for a magical evening.... And for me to get my fat ass out of bed at 2 in the morning to go anywhere, other than to the refrigerator....you KNOW it had to special!

Like Wayner said, "Everything and Everyone was perfect"....and it was.

Thank you,

Billy Carroll

heres a review that is up on Juniors board. anyone else ?i didnt make it sooo i cant say.

djbillycarroll Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:32 am

For all the years I have been around (no jokes please), I have never posted anything on any message board EVER! I will admit to being a closet reader from time to time, but last night's party at Bassline compels me to comment.

I know Junior's fans span decades, and we have all had many memorable experiences together throughout the years...but for you kids who have heard the stories that start like.... " this is great, but you should seen it back in the days when......"

Well, now you can. Last night's party was EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS LIKE BACK IN THE DAYS! The people, the diversity, the smiles, the energy, the staff, THE SPACE, & THE MUSIC!

I didn't mean to put the music last, but if you are on this message board, you already know about the music. It's like preaching to the choir here. But at least for me, last night, all the stars were in alignment for a magical evening.... And for me to get my fat ass out of bed at 2 in the morning to go anywhere, other than to the refrigerator....you KNOW it had to special!

Like Wayner said, "Everything and Everyone was perfect"....and it was.

Thank you,

Billy Carroll

I dont know about this.. IMO he was weak last night. I had a great time and enjoyed the place. Not his best ..and def nothing like the days of old

Much better at Pacha a couple of weeks ago

well Ive heard a lot of junior & I thought it was FIERCE! love him in intimate settings reminded me of discotq. i thought jnr was having a blast & he was just rocking great track after great track. standouts were shades of junior keep in touch body 2 body. emotional rollercoaster [new mix?]. strange world [another hot mix]. sterling void its alright FABULOUS!!!. i think luv 2 luv you? im every woman. sabrina house music. i think moraes the cure?

anyway I LOVE that venue, the crowd was flamboyant rocking wild & fun, you know jnrs beats communicate to that crowd.

anyway i hope jnr plays more monthly fridays like this bassline fridays are the bomb!!!!

****3/4 out of 5 stars, one of best sets ive heard in 2006, along with carl cox & dj vibe at crobar, and derrick carter at sol.

Thanks for the attempt danceshake, however Bananarama and Madonna won't cut it for our underground beat fix, thanks for the laugh though. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE. I'll pass this set to my 13 y/o niece, she might use it in her aerobics class.

I got Jr's Twilo-06 set news from a very reliable source:

Madonna Hung Up

Mary J blige Your child new remix

Sabrina Johston What hope have I?

Jason Walker 60 minute megamix

Vernessa Mitchell Reap 2007, looped for 43 mins.

Madonna Secret

Madonna Bedtime Story

Madonna Sorry

Madonna Vogue

Madonna Like a prayer, new mix

Kristine W supermegamix 2hrs.

Elton John Rocket men

Dolly Parton 9to5, new mix

Jason Walker My life unplugged remix

R&G Weep

and finally

Madonna Can you party/I love NY remix!!!

SOUNDS REAL UNDERGROUND TO ME, LONG LIVE TWILO06!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You know your vocals, perhaps you would enjoy the first hour

of Jr's World 11PM - 12AM(THE VOCALS). :type:

8/Bananarama, “Move In My Direction” (Edel)

With the drum beats and dubs only, with not much vocals, I would have never guessed it was them. Definitely not your easy listening version, but I have a feeling you just don't like the group, you have a right to voice that.

I know Junior wouldn't mind having a 13 old fan.:type: Nice gesture.

As for

10/Madonna, “Sorry” (white label)

.Well, every dj slips her in with some kind of twisted remix version.:type:

What are your thoughts of last week's (THE BEATS) Hour 2?

:)

Saturday, April 22, 2006 2-3am Eastern time

HOUR 2(THE BEATS)

1/Jonny McGovern, “Juniorverse” (JVM)

2/Ronen M, “Low Frequency” (?)

3/Danny Tenaglia, “Elements” Ronen M Remix (Twisted)

4/Africanism, “Hard” Superchumbo Remix (?)

5/Lorant, “Hot Flash” (Twisted)

6/Dark Mountain Group, “Lose Control” Ronen M Mix (?)

7/Dena, “Temptation” (?)

8/Mario Vasquez, “Gallery” Bodega Boys Remix (J)

9/Shangoo, “G Man” (DFR 9)

10/Brian Laruso, “Seinyak” (Magic Land)

11/Massive Drum, “One Sign” (128 Rec)

well Ive heard a lot of junior & I thought it was FIERCE! love him in intimate settings reminded me of discotq. i thought jnr was having a blast & he was just rocking great track after great track. standouts were shades of junior keep in touch body 2 body. emotional rollercoaster [new mix?]. strange world [another hot mix]. sterling void its alright FABULOUS!!!. i think luv 2 luv you? im every woman. sabrina house music. i think moraes the cure?

anyway I LOVE that venue, the crowd was flamboyant rocking wild & fun, you know jnrs beats communicate to that crowd.

anyway i hope jnr plays more monthly fridays like this bassline fridays are the bomb!!!!

****3/4 out of 5 stars, one of best sets ive heard in 2006, along with carl cox & dj vibe at crobar, and derrick carter at sol.

That was his "bumper car mix" of emotional rollercoaster ...he used to play it at earth.

Junior was AMAZING! The vibe was like how it was back in the day! The kids were all out dancing, voguing and getting down and Junior was serving us like only Junior can. I was left gagging. He really showed us that he is the QUEEN.

And to the peeps saying Juniors been over since 2001, If you have heard him in the last year since he became sober he is really pumping. And it nows seems the kids are getting over that bullshit drug. That was the first party I really felt like the crowd was back and happy again.