Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Adult Swim......Saved by the bell?!?!?!?!??!?!??

9mile

please tell me this is a joke

Saved By the Bell - Back In Production!

04/19/2006

Adult Swim has done it again! Following hot on the heels of Fox's Family Guy, Saved By The Bell has been pulled from cancellation with an order for 30 all new episodes taking place at Bayside High.

"We were ecstatic when we saw the early numbers on Saved By the Bell on Adult Swim," said Matt Laster, the VP of Turner Entertainment's newly created 80's Reclamation Department. "We knew this had the potential to be big, but we never thought it would be this big. The fans have really shown their support and come out in droves on the adultswim.com website."

According to Laster, the new series is still in development but he did say that almost all of the original cast would be returning, minus "Showgirls" star Elizabeth Berkley. The series will follow the events after Saved By the Bell: The New Class and find Screech as the new principal of Bayside and a retired Mr. Belding as the proprietor of the Max, the hangout that the Saved By the Bell gang frequented. Screech is overwhelmed by the new group of students and puts out a call for help, and soon, all of the old regulars are back at Bayside. Laster would not elaborate on the status of Zack and Kelly's relationship, though the couple were last seen walking down the aisle.

"I've spoken to the crew and they really can't wait to get back together," said Laster. "We think this will be a fun and exciting new direction for Adult Swim and we can't wait to find even more great 80's comedies for Adult Swim."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in all seriousness im pretty stoked about this... im sure itll suck but still... lets see what happens... the original ones with mrs. bliss were so so, but then they got really ill when it was the newer cast... then fell off for the college years... i hope its some sick y2k shit, like sbtb meets vegas meets miami vice meets tron...

Guest onisakura
...i concur....that an updated version of all in the family...we need some juicy bigotry/stereotyping back on da airwaves....

Ah and for the spanish version.....Que Pasa USA. Man i loved that show....

...i dont know who they are?....lol....so far ...jlo...luke wilson...travolta and shirley maclaine are definitesl...

I wanta see hope and michael back together on 30something. To cancel a show abruptly and tell the audience your central love story is getting a divorce in the finale because they hate each others guts is traumatic, even to a viewer not 30something.

It's like telling your viewers in the finale that maddy & david never wanted to do it.

i think this is a joke..

adultswim just fucking with everyone

i agree!

did you see last week after some fan wrote in complaining about them airing the old SBTB reruns, they changed their name on the bottom of the screen and the bumps from "Adult Swim" to "crappy 80's live-action show network"? :laugh:

i think they are still fucking with people. sbtb didn't even get that good of ratings last week.