Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whatever happened to MTV?

lalate

Who ruined that network? Biondi?

Remember several years ago, maybe it was Mark Cuban while at Launch before it went to Yahoo, stating some statistic that said .... MTV played about as many videos in one year now then they played in one day in the 90s.

a buddy of mine works at mtv and says that the network knows there is no money in music videos.

They would rather have you watch music videos online where they can force you to watch ads and suck all your personal info from you.

super sweet 16 i watch religiously..not in the "religiously" way that ill make sure im there to see it..but the way old ecuadorian mothers stop and cross themselves in front of a crucifix...i cant help it..i have to stop and watch

i watch it and get upset that my daddy's not super rich to throw me a birthday party and spend wedding dollars for it...

MTV is pretty wack nowadays. Remember Buzzkill back int he day, before jack ass. The cartoon shows too, umm, Head, Aeon Flux...Liquid television thats what it was. Europe's got it sick, they have several music channels that play music videos all day. They also play a bunch of techno and house music videos.

Age has nothing to do with it i was 8 at that time this song came out and i remember hearing the 1986 song "CAN YOU FEEL IT" by LARRY HEARD given new life when the jack accapella was thrown over that track and it was quite cool at the time i first heard it in 1989(the yr i dsicovered house). I remember being teased in elementary school (i was from the projects) that i was hearing this white music by some of the kids but much like other ignorant people who dont know HOUSE MUSIC was created by gays,blacks, latinos.