Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar Lineup In June Is Crazy!!!!!!!

Guest onisakura

While silverbull pointed out some great parties, thats not really what the discussion is about. Its about Crobar, the city's hot club right now not taking chances on-up-and-coming/not-quite-so-common DJs. For example, DT installing one of his DJs instead of letting our locals spin in the reed room. Talk about supporting the local scene!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DT installing one of his DJs instead of letting our locals spin in the reed room. Talk about supporting the local scene!

Ive had this discussion with someone b4 and only thing i can think of is he is letting a local play that night, but someone he knows personally or musically heard of. Now he is in a position to do that, in a few yrs hopefully the "local" will be big enough to do the same when he plays a big room. Looking at it as HMM DO I LET A LOCAL PLAY THAT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, OR DO I HELP A LOCAL FRIEND WHO I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT PLAY IN THE OTHER ROOM.

Its a bit simple to understand in my opinion although i do feel bad for the booking being taken away from said local dj.

Also take into consideration that when dt has played the main room, when has there been ANY local support in the reed room?

Ive had this discussion with someone b4 and only thing i can think of is he is letting a local play that night, but someone he knows personally or musically heard of. Now he is in a position to do that, in a few yrs hopefully the "local" will be big enough to do the same when he plays a big room. Looking at it as HMM DO I LET A LOCAL PLAY THAT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, OR DO I HELP A LOCAL FRIEND WHO I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT PLAY IN THE OTHER ROOM.

Its a bit simple to understand in my opinion although i do feel bad for the booking being taken away from said local dj.

Also take into consideration that when dt has played the main room, when has there been ANY local support in the reed room?

word!

DT knows Best!!!!

wow looks like crobar is goin to get a couple grand outa me that month. I so cant wait to hear digweed again. I thought he spun the best set of 2005 at crobar last year (my opinion). Mad props to crobar for bringing in top notch talent week after week, but how about a danny t v/s carl cox /drools that would be so f'in sick.

RIP Twilo the greatest club ever!

• 2 weeks later...
wow looks like crobar is goin to get a couple grand outa me that month. I so cant wait to hear digweed again. I thought he spun the best set of 2005 at crobar last year (my opinion). Mad props to crobar for bringing in top notch talent week after week, but how about a danny t v/s carl cox /drools that would be so f'in sick.

RIP Twilo the greatest club ever!

A couple grand?

lol :blown:

Great line up Abyss in Sayreville has a great line up too in June

*WEDNESDAY JUNE 7TH STEVE LAWLER @ ABYSS

WEDNESDAY JUNE 14TH DJ VICTOR CALDERONE @ ABYSS

*WEDNESDAY JUNE 28TH DANNY HOWELLS @ ABYSS

Nice tht all this talent is being brought into jersey as well as NYC

While silverbull pointed out some great parties, thats not really what the discussion is about. Its about Crobar, the city's hot club right now not taking chances on-up-and-coming/not-quite-so-common DJs. For example, DT installing one of his DJs instead of letting our locals spin in the reed room. Talk about supporting the local scene!

i know for a fact dt supports the scene more than any other local big names..he lets michaelangelo open for him, and he still goes out!! i saw him at remote lounge for the fatal music party and many other places..also what other local big name djs are willing to share their stage w/mauro picotto, carl cox, and danny howells??

Great line up Abyss in Sayreville has a great line up too in June

*WEDNESDAY JUNE 7TH STEVE LAWLER @ ABYSS

WEDNESDAY JUNE 14TH DJ VICTOR CALDERONE @ ABYSS

*WEDNESDAY JUNE 28TH DANNY HOWELLS @ ABYSS

Nice tht all this talent is being brought into jersey as well as NYC

when is howells coming back to manhattan, crobar...???

Guest onisakura
i know for a fact dt supports the scene more than any other local big names..he lets michaelangelo open for him, and he still goes out!! i saw him at remote lounge for the fatal music party and many other places..also what other local big name djs are willing to share their stage w/mauro picotto, carl cox, and danny howells??

Ive seen plenty of big names on split bills so seeing him share the stage with anyone doesn't really surprise me. Actually its good business sense because he really doesn't get going till like 6-7am with the exception of his recent gig in miami at mansion.