Clubplanet Nightlife Community

this is a sign that the world needs to end.

sgtfury

What If I went to Mexico and sang their anthem in German or Outer Mongolian?

Just because we're American we're not allowed to have some sense of national pride?

I'd say more but someone will call me a racist, when I'm just an asshole.

the whole thing is such a fucking pile of shit..and i am sorry but if you are cuban.. i dont want to hear shit..cuz everyone knows that the cuban situation is really fair..i mean come on...my family has paid into social security for 70 years and someone can come here and after a month get SSI..omg..lol.....i would love to see how many cubans show up to work on monday...ha.....

here is a revelation: there are IMMIGRATION LAWS in this country! the law is the law and it applies if you are mexican, german, or wherever the fuck you are from. if the current immigration laws had been better enforced, 9/11 never would have happened....the rationale is just ridiculous...record the national anthem in spanish to somehow justify breaking the law??..and what is this shit about "immigrant day" and not working...what a steaming pile of utter shit. if i had come here from a another country and waited in line and filed all my papers to do things the right way to work here i would be mutherfukin pissed at those that broke the fukin law. im not anti immigrant ... I AM ANTI ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.

"sign that the world needs to end":worry:

the star spangled banner is the national anthem of the US. to have it sung, in any other language other then the official language of this country is rather insulting IMO.

while I will agree our immigration policy is rather unbalanced. the recording of this song will only serve to divide people further, on a subject that truly needs to be addressed in sensible manner.

What If I went to Mexico and sang their anthem in German or Outer Mongolian?

Just because we're American we're not allowed to have some sense of national pride?

I'd say more but someone will call me a racist, when I'm just an asshole.

You'd probably would get the chance of a fair deportation...because you see, latinos don't fuck around...by the way, did you know Lassie was shot with more than one dog?

:)

NEW YORK — Mexican pop diva Gloria Trevi, Puerto Rican reggaeton star Don Omar and other Latino artists have recorded a bilingual version of the U.S. national anthem in a show of support for migrants in the United States.

Ok, ok, ok...even funnier (or insulting) than just singing the Star Spangled Banner in spanish is the characters that have stepped up to the microphone for this "slap with white glove" from mexicans to americans...please, take a look at what I'd like to call

Get To Know The Latin Artists Singing The Spanish American Anthem

Exhibit "A"

Gloria Trevi:

gloria_trevi.jpg

she can be an angel

DERATTENVANGSTERvuur.jpg

but she definitively has a dark side...

42810463_0a7b5e5bc1.jpg

now, she supports safe sex...

hey-04-1pf.JPG

for everyone but herself...

:laugh2:

agreed 100%

It's pretty obvious that all of these so called Latin stars recording the Star Spangled Banner are doing it for the publicity to boost their profile. First of all, these artists are here legally or are U.S. citizens so a crackdown on illegals will not affect them personally. We all know that Puerto Ricans are born U.S. citizens and Cubans are given political asylum when they reach American soil hence the lack of any big demonstations in the Miami area. Also our local politicians have been kind of quiet about the issue.

If these so called Latin artists were serious about helping out immigrants I think they should do something like encourage voter registration and encourage naturalization among immigrants. Recording our anthem is Spanish is nothing more than a cheap ploy. Shame on them.

here is the english translation of the spanish version:

Verse 1

The day is breaking, do you see it? In the light of the dawn?

What we so acclaimed at nightfall?

Its stars, its stripes,

flew yesterday

In the fierce battle

in a sign of victory,

The glow of battle, in step with liberty

At night they said: "It's being defended!"

Chorus:

Oh say!

The voice of your starry beauty

is still unfolding

Over the land of the free

The sacred flag?

Verse 2

Its stars, its stripes,

Freedom, we are equal

We are brothers, in our anthem.

In the fierce combat in a sign of victory

The glow of battle, in step with liberty

My people keep fighting

It's time to break the chains

At night they said: "It's being defended!"

Oh say! Your starry beauty is still unfolding.

:getdown:

the more and more i think about this it really pisses me off. president bush its it dead on the money ""I think the national anthem ought to be sung in English," and I think people who want to be a citizen of this country ought to learn English, and they ought to learn to sing the national anthem in English."

is anyone in today's age in disagreement that we dont have to toughen our border?

The United States should not allow changing of our national symbols to suit others purposes. The real national anthem is a song of unification...if these shit heads had really been supportive of the message of the national anthem, they would have recorded it the way it is.

A re-written national anthem that is sung in a foreign language demands that the United States embrace immigrants on their terms, rather than the other way around. Nope

I don't know if this comes as any relief but the singers that recorded that song are either washed-out 1 hit wonders, a lunatic bitch and a bunch of b-listers...as for Don Omar, as soon as reggaeton is up and his lawyer makes the call, his ass is back in the ghetto...sooooo...hey, is not like Shakira or Enrique Iglesias are singing it, so don't worry so much...

:laugh2:

Welcome to Crazy World!

:party:

All of this began with the illegal alien Mexicans in California protesting the immigration laws by marching with the Mexican flag, to show their Mexican pride. I found this commentary on plastic.com:

"The simplest and most effective thing the leaders of the immigration-reform movement can do is tell their supporters to Leave the flags at home. Half a million people marching through the streets of Los Angeles is impressive, but half a million people marching through the streets of Los Angeles waving the flag of Mexico is an invasion.

If they feel they must wave something, wave the Stars and Stripes. Show that they like being in America instead of just taking the higher wage. Most of those of us lucky enough to be born American citizens grew up pledging allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and frankly, a lot of us find it a little creepy that they're waving the flag of a foreign country while simultaneously insisting on being allowed to stay in this one.

I'm not saying that they should forget their identity or their roots or whatever. Just that they should leave the emblems of a foreign nation out of the picture when they protest the possibility of being sent back to that foreign nation."

I could not agree more. America is the land of immigration, we're decendants of immigrants, but my family for one (I am 2nd gen American) adapted to American ways and became Americans and loved this land for all it had done for them. My attitude toward those who come here but yet refuse to learn English and insist that we learn their language, has always been, "Be proud of your heritage and bring it with you. Bring your culture and your heritage with you, but learn English and adabt or go back." And this situation in California is no different. Protesting the immigration laws which would send them or their people back to Mexico, by marching with Mexican flags and thus stressing their love for Mexico? Perhaps they should be sent back to Mexico anyway, since they love that country better than the one they're in.

Everyone who knows me knows that I love not only Latin women, but the whole of latin culture. I can't speak Spanish, but I love hearing the language. Hearing it spoken is one of the reasons why I eventually want to learn it. I love all of Spanish cultures, their language, their foods, their music, their people (and the ladies...), their expressions and attitudes. It's why I made the main character of my novel Cuban. But that doesn't change how I feel about people moving to America and not learning how to blend into American society and not snub the rest of us by refusing to learn the main language of the land.

If I moved to another country, lets say Spain (I love Spain, and truly if I was to leave the US and had the money to go where I wanted, Spain is likely where I would move to, or possibly Japan. I think it would be a toss up.), I would learn Spanish as quickly as I could and learn as much about their culture as I could. Because unless I loved that culture, why on Earth would I move there? Now, if there were an issue against the US, or against people from the US moving to Spain, it would be pretty dumb for me to protest Spanish feelings (society or government) against the US by proudly waving a US flag. Wouldn't that be throwing salt on the wound, and spiting the land I had moved to? Exactly...it would be spiting the land I'd moved to, and like a dog, biting the hand that feeds me.

With all that said, the Star Spangled Banner was written by an English speaking American to profess his love for American and the American flag of an English speaking country. Anyone who wishes to profess the same love and pride for America should do it in the language of the land, which means adaption into said society, not personally insisted segregation from it.