Clubplanet Nightlife Community

another office decoration question - jesus in the workplace?

i was talking about this with some co-workers who didn't see eye-to-eye with me, but they're jesus freaks. tell me what you think.

i was at a car insurance broker's office, signing up. the guy was playing the jesus station on his radio, loud enough for me to hear all the "glory to god" whatnot. he had a jesus fish on his desk and a cross on the wall. i found it terribly inappropriate. i feel that one shouldn't force one's religion down people's throats at work, but especially in an industry where one interacts with the public, and even more when one is selling something.

but i think it's disrespectful to his co-workers, too, who have to deal with that crap every day.

even though i'm an athiest, i respect other people's religions. i don't bombard people with my beliefs, and i feel they should leave me be, too. one can't escape one's work environment, and i think it's everyone's duty to make it as pleasant as possible; slamming your views on unrelated subjects on one's co-workers on a constant basis is just not ok.

i was talking about this with some co-workers who didn't see eye-to-eye with me, but they're jesus freaks. tell me what you think.

i was at a car insurance broker's office, signing up. the guy was playing the jesus station on his radio, loud enough for me to hear all the "glory to god" whatnot. he had a jesus fish on his desk and a cross on the wall. i found it terribly inappropriate. i feel that one shouldn't force one's religion down people's throats at work, but especially in an industry where one interacts with the public, and even more when one is selling something.

but i think it's disrespectful to his co-workers, too, who have to deal with that crap every day.

even though i'm an athiest, i respect other people's religions. i don't bombard people with my beliefs, and i feel they should leave me be, too. one can't escape one's work environment, and i think it's everyone's duty to make it as pleasant as possible; slamming your views on unrelated subjects on one's co-workers on a constant basis is just not ok.

how is it inappropriate? he didnt shove anything down your throat nor did he even mention his religion. you're the one that chose to let it bother you.

and how is it disrespectful? as long as he is not interfering with his co-workers there should be no problem.

Maybe you should stop worrying about other people and worry about yourself.

A girl here was addressed because she had "Have a blessed day" setup on her e-mail signature.

I work for a huge corporation and a lot of people have religious stuff in their email signatures.

Who cares?

I went back to edit, thats actually what I meant. Supposedly customers complained...that it was offensive..

who are these people?..and why do they care so much to complain? I dont care what you believe in or what you listen to..

Because that is in fact putting your beliefs out in the open. Those emails go to people in the firm, as well as outside of the firm. There is no need for that in a corporate setting.

bless·ed pron.jpg ( P ) Pronunciation Key (blebreve.gifsprime.gifibreve.gifd) also blest (blebreve.gifst)

adj.

1. <LI type=a>Worthy of worship; holy.
    2. Held in veneration; revered.
    3. Bringing happiness, pleasure, or contentment.
    4. blessed Used as an intensive: I don't have a blessed dime.

how is it inappropriate?

bless·ed pron.jpg ( P ) Pronunciation Key (blebreve.gifsprime.gifibreve.gifd) also blest (blebreve.gifst)

adj.

1. <LI type=a>Worthy of worship; holy.
    2. Held in veneration; revered.
    3. Bringing happiness, pleasure, or contentment.
    4. blessed Used as an intensive: I don't have a blessed dime.

how is it inappropriate?
      I'm making the assumption that anyone who says "have a blessed day", is referring to religious beliefs. I don't hear to many people using the word blessed without referencing religion.

I'm making the assumption that anyone who says "have a blessed day", is referring to religious beliefs. I don't hear to many people using the word blessed without referencing religion.
but thats your own interpretation of it.. blessed is a valid word and does not necessarily have to be religious..

if she put it in her email sig.. its not her problem if you take it religiously..

now if she had "Jesus Loves You", then youd have an argument.

dont bother..he'll bombard u with literal translations allllllllllllllllllllllll day