Clubplanet Nightlife Community

30th Birthday Party - A Few Questions...

lisanti99

I'm hosting my bf's birthday May 12-14 in Vegas. We are staying at TI, which means we get in free to Tangerine & Mist. There's a group of 7-10 of us (mix of guys/girls) that are going to want to party, and I'm trying to figure out where. We're all cute, we dress well, I'm not worried about not getting in... But last time I was in Vegas with my girls, we waited in lines (which has never happened to us in Miami, L.A., anywhere else!). Don't want to do that again. I'm open to bottle service for at least one night...

My questions:

How good are Tangerine & Mist? Does staying at the hotel enable us to show our keys and walk in or do we still have to wait in line there?

I'm thinking Tryst, OPM, Jet, Pure [we like hip hop] for Sat night. Are these all super-crowded (is it impossible to get a drink at the bar in less than 15 minutes)?

For bottle service: What's the people-to-bottle ratio requirement?

What's the average *TOTAL COST* of bottle service (Including VIP Host tips, etc)?

What's with the clubplanet guestlist? Does that put us in the regular line on a guest list or a special "guestlist line"?

What's with the passes (Fri/Sat) on ebay? Which line would we be in? $20 for 4 people seems too good to be true.

Thanks for your help - this board is awesome, glad I found it.

Prior to spring 2005 I used to get comp rooms at TI and thus spent a lot of time at Tangerine and Mist. Have been back to each once or twice in the past few months and the routine seems the same, so I'm going to assume it's no different right now.

Anyway, at Tangerine you'll have no cover but still wait in the general line. You can ask the concierge about getting front-of-line privileges, or grease a host or doorman. The deck is great especially with the live drummers, but the main room is a bit small so it gets VERY packed. Tangerine is still a good club, it's just not on the level of BE, Pure, Tao, and Jet or Tryst these days.

As for Mist, I've never once seen them charge cover. Longest line I've ever seen there is maybe a dozen people, and the one or two times that happened I walked past the line, flashed the room key and walked right in. Decent little lounge but nothing amazing, and there's not a massive demand there.

Every major club is packed to the rafters on a Sunday night. How quickly you can get a drink from the bar will depend largely on your skills and at getting noticed by a bartender.

If your group are really big fans of hip-hop, and want to go to a club that plays only hip-hop (at least until very late, when a little dancehall kicks in), then I couldn't more strongly recommend OPM for at least one of your nights.

Big, popular clubs that support guest lists typically have two lines; one for the general public, and one for the lists and advance ticket sales.

Golden rule: if a deal for passes sounds to good to be true, it is.

For all your questions about bottle service, you should get in touch with a club host or an independent VIP host. Bottle minimums and prices vary from club to club, even night to night.

My questions:

How good are Tangerine & Mist? Does staying at the hotel enable us to show our keys and walk in or do we still have to wait in line there?

They arent top 5. So its like MGM hooking you up for Tabu. Same thing.

I'm thinking Tryst, OPM, Jet, Pure [we like hip hop] for Sat night. Are these all super-crowded (is it impossible to get a drink at the bar in less than 15 minutes)?

Thats a great question .. also a very hard question to answer. Ive been at some of the god awful-est most crowded clubs in the world yet got poured in seconds at one while another less crowded got bored slow. They are all super crowded spots. Whether or not you get poured fast is really hard to gauge.

Generally 1 bottle per 3 people. If its 10 people, you're looking at 3-4 bottles.

What's the average *TOTAL COST* of bottle service (Including VIP Host tips, etc)?

Prices vary. Someone recently asked us "can bottle service for 8 people be $400 or is that too good to be true" Answer - too good to be true. Know the number of bottles, the price per bottle, and the price of your host, just to start.

What's with the passes (Fri/Sat) on ebay? Which line would we be in? $20 for 4 people seems too good to be true.

Ebay sellers are like any other nightlife corporation or similiar. Ask around. Comparison shop.

In my personal opinion i really dont like mist or tangerine, but alot of people do. I think with a group that size you need a table or cabana service. Pure's main room is hip hop and always going strong. Body english, tao, tryst and jet are the HOT clubs right now. Foundation room is good on mon nights.

My questions:

Much better choices available in town right now.

All those spots are packed Saturday. Greenie mentioned Sunday being packed but he meant Saturday (typo I'm sure). At OPM you CAN get a drink within 15 minutes, especially if you go to the bar in the back room.

At OPM, one bottle per 3 people. Bottles start at about $300 each. Table fee about $150. Tips included.

What's with the clubplanet guestlist? Does that put us in the regular line on a guest list or a special "guestlist line"?

Guest lists and passes will get you in free or discounted but I wouldn't count on them to skip the line.

All those spots are packed Saturday. Greenie mentioned Sunday being packed but he meant Saturday (typo I'm sure). At OPM you CAN get a drink within 15 minutes, especially if you go to the bar in the back room

Yep, my bad, I did mean Saturday. And just to clarify, it's not just "big 5" that are stacked to the ceiling on Saturday -- OPM, Light, Tangerine, 54, and Rain will all pack them in as well. Ice can get slammed with a big DJ in town, but only times I've seen it truly mobbed is on big weekends with major names on the decks.

I'd also like to back up what MasterWeb says about getting a drink quickly at OPM. Along with the music, I've always felt the bar staff (along with hosts and door staff) there is among the most professional of any popular nightclub in town. No mater how crowded it may get inside, the bartenders not serve and without fuss, but they always know who they should serve next.

The entire OPM staff is clearly aware that top service earns top dollar, whereas I think a lot of clubs in town have staffers that believe it should be the other way around.

As for music, to make myself clear for people who are big fans of modern/urban hip-hop, there is no other major club on the Strip that compares to OPM. Pure, Tao, Jet etc will play a lot of hip-hop in their main rooms, but it's generally confined to current mainstream stuff that you hear on the radio, MTV, etc. At OPM you won't hear Gwen Stefani's attempt at "hip-hop," nor will you hear any rock mixed in or mashed up.

In no way am I digging on any other club, just trying to make sure people know the difference between what "hip-hop" at OPM versus other joints. OPM certainly isn't for everyone, but if you're accustomed to an urban hip-hop club and/or really love modern hip-hop grooves, it's an incredible spot.

Thanks for everyone's help!

At OPM, one bottle per 3 people. Bottles start at about $300 each. Table fee about $150. Tips included.

Wow. That's over a grand... I'll have to talk to my friends about arranging that. L.A. was not that exp! :) Hopefully I'll do really well at the tables!

Along with the music, I've always felt the bar staff (along with hosts and door staff) there is among the most professional of any popular nightclub in town.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I guess I don't really care about the wait for a drink as long as the staff is good and professional. I've just had bad experiences at "popular" clubs in other cities with them understaffing or staffing with rude bartenders... that's more what I would be worried about ruining my night.

Thanks for all your help!

Ebay sellers are like any other nightlife corporation or similiar. Ask around. Comparison shop.

Another quick Question:

What's the difference between "4 Night Club Passes Good For Complimentary Admission" and being on a guest list? If I'm *just* on a guest list, I still pay cover, right?

Another quick Question:

What's the difference between "4 Night Club Passes Good For Complimentary Admission" and being on a guest list? If I'm *just* on a guest list, I still pay cover, right?

Again, we dont comment on what other companies do or dont do.

However, in general times, maybe the following is helpful (because these terms are bit confusing).

guestlist is NOT a line pass

comp ticket is NOT a line pass

club pass is NOT a line pass

VIP comp card is NOT a line pass

Its sort of like real estate. If you go to buy a house on the beach, it has to say "beach front house". A beach house is not on the beach unless it says "beach front house". A line pass is not a "line pass" unless it says it.

That being said....

The literalness of words continues.

A line pass is NOT free cover unless it says it

The meaning of "guest list" is different from venue to venue, night to night and more importantly, list to list. Being on a list can mean no cover but you wait in line, sometimes it can mean you skip the line but pay cover, sometimes it means reduced cover.

Also I think it's worth pointing out that you shouldn't expect to approach a good nightclub the way you do double-coupon days at the supermarket. Don't plan on using a line pass you got from one person at the same time you're trying to use a comp admission you got somewhere else. Hey, you're welcome to give it a try. Just don't bank on it.

In any event, you shouldn't be asking us what an advertised service means. Ask whomever is trying to sell it to you. Buyer beware.

Also I think it's worth pointing out that you shouldn't expect to approach a good nightclub the way you do double-coupon days at the supermarket. Don't plan on using a line pass you got from one person at the same time you're trying to use a comp admission you got somewhere else. Hey, you're welcome to give it a try. Just don't bank on it.

Yeah, I wouldn't do that.

I club in Houston all the time, and I've partied at some of the best clubs in L.A., Miami, Cancun, etc... every city is different and I'm just trying to learn the Vegas system. I'm not sure why, but Vegas is the only city I've ever been to that groups of cute girls are NOT giving preferential treatment when standing in line... Just trying to learn how to get better service, that's all. :)

Not sure if this will help, but I've been researching a little (not sure if it is actually research :-)) but I'm coming out w/ a group of about 7-10 guys, we are going to Tryst\Empire\maybe Drais on Friday, Jet\Empire or Drais on Sat, then Rehab\Body English on Sunday..and staying at the Hard Rock. After speaking to a lot of people, this seems like a good itinerary.

I'm hosting my bf's birthday May 12-14 in Vegas. We are staying at TI, which means we get in free to Tangerine & Mist. There's a group of 7-10 of us (mix of guys/girls) that are going to want to party, and I'm trying to figure out where. We're all cute, we dress well, I'm not worried about not getting in... But last time I was in Vegas with my girls, we waited in lines (which has never happened to us in Miami, L.A., anywhere else!). Don't want to do that again. I'm open to bottle service for at least one night...

My questions: