Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Away from the main crowd

teampowahh

Since i'm going with x amount of dudes, and we wont be getting tables every night or paying x amount for line passes, can i get some feedback on some clubs to hit up on a Thurs, Fri, and Sunday that wont have a line longer than the state of Rhode Island but wont be empty either?

Thanks people.

Since i'm going with x amount of dudes, and we wont be getting tables every night or paying x amount for line passes, can i get some feedback on some clubs to hit up on a Thurs, Fri, and Sunday that wont have a line longer than the state of Rhode Island but wont be empty either?

Don't forget that even at the most popular joints, it's only a matter of how early you're wiling to get in line. Having a few warm-up cocktails in line while waiting from 9:00/9:30 until the club opens isn't such a bad thing, there are always lots of ladies that line up early too. Just don't tell the doorman "ten" when he asks how many in your party. :)

Otherwise I'd say the spots below are probably your easiest best to avoid the biggest lines, and save on cover if you and your buddies sign up for a free guestlists (e.g. the ClubPlanet list for Ice on Friday). However, on Thu/Fri you're gonna have some kind of line no matter where you go.

Thursday: Rain

Friday: Ice

Sunday: Tabu

Also remember that you can hit up Mix any night before 10pm and you'll avoid both a line and a cover. Bit more of a lounge than a club, it's one of my favorite pre-party spots.

I am a huge fan of the online (or phone) guest lists.

For thursday, like greenie said above, rain is good. You can sign up for their guest list 6 days in advance at n9negroup.com. You have to get there before 11pm (or midnght?), but the staff is super cool and I've never had any problem getting in.

Any day of the week (they're open) is a good nite at OPM. Masterweb's guest list is so nice I don't know why anyone waits in line there! The longest I wait in line I've had is to answer the question "how many in your party". I'm not a fan of hip-hop at all, and am waaaay too white-bread for the fri-sat nite crowd, but damn the music is sooo good, and the crowd so happy it's just a great vibe every time i've gone.

And do what was mentioned above: look at all the guest lists online here at clubplanet, and also at napkinnights. You should be able to find something.

But the best entry card is to show up with some hot women... I am always amazed at the difference in treatment I get when going out with just guys, versus when we have a set of really hot women with us.

am waaaay too white-bread for the fri-sat nite crowd

You're only as white-bread as you think!

I've never had a single issue going at OPM on a Friday or Saturday, even in the winter months when I'm a fairly pale individual. Shit, I've often gone there with my bleach-blonde hair spiked up with a bit of green (or blue or red) gunk and not once have I felt in any way threatened or otherwise uncomfortable.

In my case, OPM represents a huge reason of why I love clubbing in Vegas so much: it's the perfect example of the attitude that it doesn't matter who you are, what you look like or where you're from; when you're in the same place as others with the same goal of having a great time... much respect.

For all the surprised and confused glances I do get from time to time OPM, I've gotten many more nods, waves, handshakes and hugs.

Maybe I'm just comfortable striking up a conversation and/or dancing with anyone, or that I don't feel like Wonder bread because I grew up in a part of Hawai'i where less than 5% of the population was white. Maybe it's because I recognize and get excited when the DJs drop the tracks you rarely hear in a club. Maybe the "upscale" dress code of OPM helps balance things out.

All I know is that I have a daaaamn good time each and every visit I make to OPM.

Since I'm there 5 nights a week I can pretty much give an educated opinion here. The only people who feel uncomfortable are the people who *feel* they should be uncomfortable. Nobody else cares. Nobody looks at an older white couple and whispers about them. On the contrary, the pretentious attitude at the "zoolander" spots does not exist at OPM. Yes, there's always a little tension among the females but that's guaranteed at any club. Besides what's wrong with a little hissing once in a while :) As far as males go, get over the color of your skin, because nobody else cares. Greenie, as always good looking out for being the voice of reason in nearly every conversation on this board.