Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How kool was that movie GROOVE?

Guest danmoro

I thought it was horrible. Who wants to watch a bunch of cracked-out retards? Unless you're one of them.

Didn't have much to do with the music at all. They hyped up Digweed and he was in it for like 30 seconds.

------------------

Dan

Its one of my favorites too. Brings back a lot of memories and is really true to the scene I think.

------------------

parish...

-beat slacker mac-

AIM= thomaskm1/ Parish@clubplanet.com

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac-Man

affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

i just watched it.

i gotta say i loved it, it was just one of those feel good movies that you can relate tol.

i think the best part was when the guy in the orange vest was carrying the disco ball on the subway.....

------------------

free at last, free at last, thank god almighty i'm free at last!

First off, Leyla was such a hottie... And I do think that parts of Groove were realistic... And having it on DVD makes it real easy to turn to the Digweed part over and over again. Good movie to turn on, when you want to get amped to go out.

------------------

However I do show some respect to few

This ecstacy has got me standin next to you

Gettin sentimental as fuck, spillin guts to you

We just met, but I think I'm in love with you..... Eminem

AIM: slimchezdy

chez@nyc.com

Originally posted by y2chez:

First off, Leyla was such a hottie... And I do think that parts of Groove were realistic... And having it on DVD makes it real easy to turn to the Digweed part over and over again. Good movie to turn on, when you want to get amped to go out.

Speaking of which...i need to get that DVD back from you!

------------------

If ignorance is bliss, then you must be rolling!

AHAHAHAH! After crommy and two of my other friends finished up at Twilo, we headed back to our place to snooze. We had planned on taking the rest of the weekend off and chilling out -- we figured we'd rent a movie, make some dinner and play Scrabble on Saturday. All was going as planned -- dinner was yummy, Scrabble was on hand....

The movie we rented was "Groove".

I think all of us got juiced up over the course of the entire movie. But when Digweed started dropping his tracks right at the end, we cleared out my living room and started dancing like total lunatics. After that, we realized we had to go dancing, so we headed out to the Roseland Ballroom for "Brass Monkey 4", and stayed there til closing.

Basically, the movie rocks. cwm4.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

I watched the movie for the first time with friends on Sat in -- as part of our "let's take it easy night after closing out S & D"

Well....from the moment we started bouncing on the couch, we knew we were going to like the movie. We were so pumped after the movie, we ended up bouncing over to the Rave at Roseland! So much for taking it easy.

One of my favorite parts is when the very first DJ comes back on to spin bc the other dude's records melted in the car. The look on his face as he prepared to mix in a record, hoping it would work, and when it does succeed and the crowd goes nuts is priceless.

I thought it was good, but I liked the party scene in "Kids" better. And overall, I thought GO was a better movie, but Groove is better than GO's party scene, even though I can never get enough of BT's "Believer" which is a ridiculously phat song.

BG

------------------

ruhardhouse@yahoo.com

IBclubbin@aol.com

email for gig info

I thought Groove was a great movie. I love the part where the girl starts dancing to the coins in the laundry machine. I can SOOO relate to this being the crackhead I am.

Next on my list... Modulations and Human Traffic.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!" -- James Dean

Originally posted by astrodancer143:

Wow I love that movie, I saw it like 3 times already.It's about time that they came out with a great movie that we could all relate to that is better than "GO!".It gave me such a feeling like I wanna go out and go nuts again.I can't stop listening to that Digweed song "Heaven Scent" now. cwm38.gif

You liked Go, I had to turn it off after the first half an hour. It didn't seam to show shit like it really was to "idealized" and fake. But I want to see Groove maybe I'll pick it up on DVD this week, I just got Scary Movie... now that is a great... err... goood....err.. funny movie!

cwm35.gif

------------------

"You all laugh at me becasue I'm differant, I laugh at you because your all the same."