Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOT 97FM Being EVICTED from the building..no fighting no fighting!

Some of the biggest rap stars in hip hop culture have visited New York’s hip-hop, rap and R&B radio station Hot 97. Many of the hip- hop and rap artists show up with entourages who become involved in confrontations.

Rap and hip-hop artists from Game to 50 Cent have had their share of problems at the New York hip-hop radio station; this includes the 2001 shooting between the hip-hop entourages of ‘Lil Kim and Capone-N-Noreaga which ended up with ‘Lil Kim going to jail over.

The New York City District Council of Carpenters Pension Fund, which owns the building that houses the hip-hop Hot 97 station (WQHT-FM) and two of its sister stations, wants to evict the station for promoting violence among its hip-hop and rap visitors. It seems the landlord has had enough of the loose cannons of hip-hop and said that it feared for the lives of their other tenants and passers-by after three shootings, two bomb threats and more than a dozen other violent incidents at the station's offices since March 2000. It has issued an eviction notice to Emmis Radio LLC, which owns Hot 97.

In a counter move Emmis Radio LLC has filed a breach-of-contract lawsuit against The New York City District Council of Carpenters Pension Fund over the eviction notice. It is being reported that are six years remain on their lease.

In papers filed in the New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan, Emmis Radio LLC said the landlord has "blocked access to the premises by any and all of tenant's visitors."

The building's owners, The New York City District Council of Carpenters Pension Fund, have said the station cannot have any visitors except for the hip-hop and rap artists and that seven days notice is needed before any artists visit the Hot 97 station.

The attorney for The New York City District Council of Carpenters Pension Fund said the stations agreed to those terms. “The suit is without meritâ€, he said.

It seems even the NYPD has enough of the Hot 97 hip-hop drama. NYPD officials told the New York Daily News that they will be installing a 24-hour surveillance camera outside Hot 97’s radio station in hopes of hindering hip-hop and rap artists and their entourages from getting violent.

hot 97 isnt hip hop..its all these pretend rappers wana be gangster shooting at each other in order to gain some semblance of street cred

thanks ghost for that 100% true statement

during the newcast lastweek talking about Star being fired, one particular person interviewd said

"Hot 97's morning show with Star & Wild is NOT hip hop, this is NOT hip hop, what they are doing is HATE MONGERING..."

i couldnt have said any better and its what i been feeling for years.

hot 97 isnt hip hop..its all these pretend rappers wana be gangster shooting at each other in order to gain some semblance of street cred

+1 i cant fuckin stand this whole gangsta shyt anymore, where the fuck has the real HIP HOP music gone to?? i mean these days its all about those southern rappers who do nothin but talk about their bling,cars, and grills then u got NY who does nothing but try to shoot each other up because of personal beefs, thats not fuckin hip hop..... im so over this crap, Hip Hop is dead as far as im concerned, they really need to bring back the old school stuff from back in the 1980-90's (early 90's) when they actually used to know how to use their lyrical rhymes in a positive way, dance and have Bboy battles in the clubs.

i honestly doubt that...all the dudes u think r some hardcore motherfuckers are all guys who went to college and grew up in normal families...its the guys in their crews who r usually the sick fucks ...there's a reason why irv gotti wanted Scoon to run with his crew...there's a reason Murder Inc. is affiliated with 'Preme....

of corse it cant go back to the old 80's and 90s ways

thats for sure not going to be good to any part of the market but

speaking of "the market"

most artists that remain sucessfull do just that. They follow the market while remaining in their "lane" as it were.

Madonna - Cher - Phil Collins - and plenty of others

including artists like

Van dyke - Oakenfold - Sanchez - hell even Riddler have all slightly changed their styles to follow the market or be run over.

These fake ass "artists" arent following anything but a pipe dream attached to a thong and a nine mil.

whats that going to get you? Nothing but trouble

studio gangsters, and hip-pop artists...

but what i find funny, ppl discredit these rappers as not real gangster rappers because theyre not thuggin in the streets... yet nobody discredits an actors ability to act when they play a mobster/gangster... nobody says well this guy came from a wealthy neighbourhood/background he cannot portray himself or act like a mobster... he hasnt killed anyone i wont see the movie... its weird... just doesnt make sense...

personally i havent cared for the state of hiphop in some time... i believe its really gone down hill, its followed the path of disco, and freestyle music... just on a longer timeline... once we see hiphop duck, or rapping bk mascot we've hit rock bottom.

Popping my collar?, Lean Back?, whoa? lean with it, rock with it? so sick? these are some of the popular songs that get airplay right now? not thank you.

innovation is dead, exploring new areas is dead... how many more hits are we going to have to hear that are samples of previous hits? how many more rhymes do we have to hear that are stolen from other songs? there are very few ppl who are coming up with new methods of expressing themselves in the hiphop community... kanye west is one of them... farrell, mos def, common, etc. these are artists who typically do not follow the trend or follow the paychecks...

all fairly reminiscent of the dot.com boom of the late nineties... basically get anything out there that ppl will buy... sign any rapper who can rap... or anyone who has a gimmick... i mean that monotone bitch fifty cent, nobody knew one song he sang for the first year or name the first song he came out with... but they all knew he was shot 9 times... and for what? being a drug dealer... c'mon. seriously? give that guy one dime of my money? NEVER. fuck you. biggie a martyr? a hero? kiss my dick. a glorified drug dealer, did he have talent rapping? certainly. does he deserver hero/martyr status? absolutely not. tupac? rapsheet longer than peter norths dick... eh, im seguing... long story short. this beef shit needs to end, you dont see CEO's of successful business calling each other out over beef? Bill Gates: "Steve Jobs is a Gay, and apple is a bunch of bitches" then steve jobs "dont let me catch you up in silicon valley son", Bill gates: "dont sleep nukkah", then next thing you know steve jobs is shot... lol its ridiculous...

but what i find funny, ppl discredit these rappers as not real gangster rappers because theyre not thuggin in the streets... yet nobody discredits an actors ability to act when they play a mobster/gangster... nobody says well this guy came from a wealthy neighbourhood/background he cannot portray himself or act like a mobster... he hasnt killed anyone i wont see the movie... its weird... just doesnt make sense...

personally i havent cared for the state of hiphop in some time... i believe its really gone down hill, its followed the path of disco, and freestyle music... just on a longer timeline... once we see hiphop duck, or rapping bk mascot we've hit rock bottom.

innovation is dead, exploring new areas is dead... how many more hits are we going to have to hear that are samples of previous hits? how many more rhymes do we have to hear that are stolen from other songs? there are very few ppl who are coming up with new methods of expressing themselves in the hiphop community... kanye west is one of them... farrell, mos def, common, etc. these are artists who typically do not follow the trend or follow the paychecks...

all fairly reminiscent of the dot.com boom of the late nineties... basically get anything out there that ppl will buy... sign any rapper who can rap... or anyone who has a gimmick... i mean that monotone bitch fifty cent, nobody knew one song he sang for the first year or name the first song he came out with... but they all knew he was shot 9 times... and for what? being a drug dealer... c'mon. seriously? give that guy one dime of my money? NEVER. fuck you. biggie a martyr? a hero? kiss my dick. a glorified drug dealer, did he have talent rapping? certainly. does he deserver hero/martyr status? absolutely not. tupac? rapsheet longer than peter norths dick... eh, im seguing... long story short. this beef shit needs to end, you dont see CEO's of successful business calling each other out over beef? Bill Gates: "Steve Jobs is a Gay, and apple is a bunch of bitches" then steve jobs "dont let me catch you up in silicon valley son", Bill gates: "dont sleep nukkah", then next thing you know steve jobs is shot... lol its ridiculous...

Tupac didn't get assassinated. Biggie didn't get assassinated. Those niggas got shot!

lil jon needs to come out with another song describing a motion..i dont think "Get Low", "Snap Yo Fingers" and "Shake It" were enough...

im lookin fwd to "crack yo back" or "stretch yo legs" or somethin the like

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popping my collar?, Lean Back?, whoa? lean with it, rock with it? so sick? these are some of the popular songs that get airplay right now? not thank you.

yes for once i agree with u although i do think tupac was a talented lyricist

Violent they may very well be, but their aim fucking sucks. Spend some more time at the range practicing shooting empty 40's you blind fucks!

I used to work in that building for Thomson Financial. A couple days before I started is when Foxy Brown's crew shot at someone out front, my first day there was a bullet hole in the wall, halfway up the 2nd floor. What the fuck were they shooting at?

eh, details.

lil kim's boyfriend at the time was this brooklyn cat named World...so since foxy and lil kim had beef..their posse's went @ it. supposedly Foxy's brother is some thug from out there too...but i think that shit is all a bunch of lies...u saw urself how good their aim is.

lil kim lied to a grand jury saying she didnt know the shooters that nite..hence y shes locked