Clubplanet Nightlife Community

grammar

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onisakura
wtf ^^^^ is the new rolling eye smilie...what happened to the green one that actually rolled his eyes?

this board has gone to shit!

Yeah the new one is lame.

Interestingly enough, the most commonly misspelled word on a real estate contract is "refrigerator". Most people spell it "refridgerator", cause of fridge.

Have you guys ever had a day where "the" just didn't look right?

I have days when any word looks weird. I'll write "congratulations" on a full sheet cake, take a step back and feel my heart go into my stomach because I think the word looks wrong.

Yeah the new one is lame.

Interestingly enough, the most commonly misspelled word on a real estate contract is "refrigerator". Most people spell it "refridgerator", cause of fridge.

Have you guys ever had a day where "the" just didn't look right?

I have days when any word looks weird. I'll write "congratulations" on a full sheet cake, take a step back and feel my heart go into my stomach because I think the word looks wrong.

:lol3: I hate when that happens.

I was suppose to fill out a wedding card for my girl's brother this friday...i was so hung over before the church that I didn't do it just because I was afraid to write "congratulations" on it...i waited till the reception and had someone else do it for me

Guest onisakura

Yup and the more you look at it the funnier it appears. I get that shit when im drafting documents. I just have to keep typing without thinking. And some words arent in spellcheck.

when i have those moments, i just write, "congrats"

I was suppose to fill out a wedding card for my girl's brother this friday...i was so hung over before the church that I didn't do it just because I was afraid to write "congratulations" on it...i waited till the reception and had someone else do it for me

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=1592402038&itm=1

FROM OUR EDITORS

The Barnes & Noble Review

An unexpected bestseller on both sides of the pond, Eats, Shoots & Leaves is British journalist Lynn Truss's entertaining anecdotal history of English punctuation. A former literary editor who must have wielded a formidable blue pencil in her day, Truss is one of a handful of admitted sticklers who actually care about the proper use of commas, apostrophes, semicolons, and dashes. (Yes, even in emails!) Yet she writes so beguilingly, it's easy to forget she has an ax to grind. A publisher's note and an author's preface address the subtle differences between Anglo and American punctuation, but (happily) the book retains its distinctly British accent. Yanks will love the references to chemists, shopkeepers, queues, Brit pop culture, and both houses of Parliament. Anne Markowski

i need this! i think i'll take a look in the store today for it.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=1592402038&itm=1

FROM OUR EDITORS

The Barnes & Noble Review

An unexpected bestseller on both sides of the pond, Eats, Shoots & Leaves is British journalist Lynn Truss's entertaining anecdotal history of English punctuation. A former literary editor who must have wielded a formidable blue pencil in her day, Truss is one of a handful of admitted sticklers who actually care about the proper use of commas, apostrophes, semicolons, and dashes. (Yes, even in emails!) Yet she writes so beguilingly, it's easy to forget she has an ax to grind. A publisher's note and an author's preface address the subtle differences between Anglo and American punctuation, but (happily) the book retains its distinctly British accent. Yanks will love the references to chemists, shopkeepers, queues, Brit pop culture, and both houses of Parliament. Anne Markowski

can someone explain:

wich, which

anyother ones would be nice for the thread.

I always had problem with “there†“theirâ€, till I was told that “there†is for a location… To remember that, it has the word “here†in it.

go to school asshole.

Guest onisakura
also.. this erks the shit out of me...

it's should have... not should of.. rayrays is notorious for this shit

You misspelled "irks". :laugh:

Damn you people are some dumb motherfuckers.
holy third grade batman! :eek:

..seriously lmao...where did u people go to school!?!?!....how could an adult not know the difference between there their and they're!?!......

*zing*

...idk...i could think of worse things to not be wary of....like how it's wrong to whore yourself out, not practicing safe sex, driving under the influence...etc...not knowing grammar, well, you can always use a pc to get by....

Guest onisakura

Unfortunately a lot of times peoples' intelligence is judged by their spelling. I know i unconsciously do it....