Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What was the.........

1 party you went to that you 1st relized your love for house music?????

Mine was def 2 thanksgivings ago when, I went to my first NYC club at that shit hole Roxy, To hear Danny Howells and DT, it was an awesome time, Awesome music, meet some great people who are some of my closest friends now. I then went 2 or 3 weeks later to hear Lawler and DT, at the same place, and just fell in love with Lawler. From that point on, it was over!!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be damned if I remember the name, but it was some party in 95. Tell you the truth I don't even know who spun because I was

a. too fucked up

b. not yet that into the music

But I fucking loved it. Bought tables a few years later.

Exit- for tony draper!! 98.. i think??

edit!! actually now that i remember it was a RAVE LOL.. out in L.I. in a warehouse.. i was drunk and remember thinking holy shit!! what is goin on.. that was 97.. my senior year in H.S. LOL

Guest onisakura

For me it was the first time i went to Space, back in February 2002. It was the old Space, Saeed & Palash were spinning. Yes i was a late bloomer, I didn't start going out till i left my exfiance of 5 years.

EXIT DURING HIGHSCHOOL DAYS PEOPLE THOUGHT I WAS A DRUG DEALER LOL back 99 then Factory for a lil while its time for the revolution!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE VOLUTION!!!!!!!! lol

First moment i fell in love with house was 1989 "TEARS" by frankie knuckles and satoshi tomiie on productions and robert owens on vocals.After that i was hooked, first club was 1995 club expo for either dj merrit or rob corbett not sure right now.

Silverbull not for nothing but you were 9 fucking years old at the time when you "fell in love" with that song...I know you had an older brother and all but still come on... shouldn't your favorite song have been Michael Jackson - Billie Jean or something

and how are you still posting if you had to get ready to perform at the Mets game later tonight? :shaky:

I was a Marine and it was 1996.I was barely 18.....I was in a club in NC called .COM which was a hole in the wall after hours redneck rave place. I was f*cked up in the club about 3am (which after 2am is after hours in NC) and all these people are rocking out to a DJ I never heard of and they are loving him. The first song was great and I am like damn this is hot for NC. So I sit on a couch and I am rocking out doing liquid and all teh rednecks are loving it and 3 songs in his set it hits me and I am liek HOLY shit I have this CD in the car...THIS JERK OFF IS PLAYING THE BEST OF TUNNEL CD.....LMAO...it was the funniest shit.....but the crowd was awesome and they thought this tool was doing this shit live....Needless to say uif you are a New Yorker and are ever go to NC you are like a GOD if you are into House music lol..it is so funny....

I was a Marine and it was 1996.I was barely 18.....I was in a club in NC called .COM which was a hole in the wall after hours redneck rave place. I was f*cked up in the club about 3am (which after 2am is after hours in NC) and all these people are rocking out to a DJ I never heard of and they are loving him. The first song was great and I am like damn this is hot for NC. So I sit on a couch and I am rocking out doing liquid and all teh rednecks are loving it and 3 songs in his set it hits me and I am liek HOLY shit I have this CD in the car...THIS JERK OFF IS PLAYING THE BEST OF TUNNEL CD.....LMAO...it was the funniest shit.....but the crowd was awesome and they thought this tool was doing this shit live....Needless to say uif you are a New Yorker and are ever go to NC you are like a GOD if you are into House music lol..it is so funny....

At the same time, I was in the Tunnel listening to Danny T. live, lol.

yea after that I was home periodically to tunnel, twilo, roxy. If nothing else the Marine corps gave me Anthrax shots and exposure to East coast music, west coast like Bad boy bill etc etc. and a lot of foriegn too. You have not partied till you have snuck off an aircraft carrier and took a boat to Ibiza..ate pills banged girls and then go back to teh ship 2 days later LOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL miss that shit

First time I fell in love with house music was at a rave called voyager which was inside the brooklyn bridge. Derrick Carter and Armand van Helden made me dance for the first time. Incredible night I will never forget,the "witchdoctor". A few mix tapes that really brought my attention to house music were by steve loria,louie vega,bad boy bill and scott henry who I think is the most underrated DJ in the world. If you ever go to dc check out him and feelgood they are gods down there.

First time I fell in love with house music was at a rave called voyager which was inside the brooklyn bridge. Derrick Carter and Armand van Helden made me dance for the first time. Incredible night I will never forget,the "witchdoctor". A few mix tapes that really brought my attention to house music were by steve loria,louie vega,bad boy bill and scott henry who I think is the most underrated DJ in the world. If you ever go to dc check out him and feelgood they are gods down there.

Witchdoctor was/is one of my favorite old skool tracks.

Gonzo and Corbett used to play that and "Divas To The Dancefloor Please" like crazy.

And I agree, Scott Henry is very underrated. Never got to see him live. I think he played Limelight and I was there but I really didn't know who he was until after.

Has he released anything new recently? His Buzz: The Sounds of the Nation's Capital CD was GREAT!! He had some nice remixes of Flash and Don't Laugh, two more of my favorite old skool tracks.

Silverbull not for nothing but you were 9 fucking years old at the time when you "fell in love" with that song...I know you had an older brother and all but still come on... shouldn't your favorite song have been Michael Jackson - Billie Jean or something

and how are you still posting if you had to get ready to perform at the Mets game later tonight? :shaky:

Billie jean is from 1983 when it first came out whats your point?

I guess you never heard of someone being exposed ot something at a very young age and having it with them for the rest of thier lives. You mustve been an asshole since 2yrs old and havent changed right?

What about boxers,athletes who are exposed to their sports at an early age. And perform what at the mets game? I was goin to the metropolitan opera house last night for a show called LA CORSAIRE.

Guest onisakura
Billie jean is from 1983 when it first came out whats your point?

I guess you never heard of someone being exposed ot something at a very young age and having it with them for the rest of thier lives. You mustve been an asshole since 2yrs old and havent changed right?

What about boxers,athletes who are exposed to their sports at an early age. And perform what at the mets game? I was goin to the metropolitan opera house last night for a show called LA CORSAIRE.

Hey i remember Billy Jean when it came out. I STILL love that song and i was only 4 at the time. One of my very first records (yes vinyl) was MJ - Thriller and i still remember that like it was yesterday.

Hey i remember Billy Jean when it came out. I STILL love that song and i was only 4 at the time. One of my very first records (yes vinyl) was MJ - Thriller and i still remember that like it was yesterday.

Do you still have it? I'll but it.

Guest onisakura
Do you still have it? I'll but it.

Lemme check, my mom has a big box of records stored away. Lots of original Santana, Black Sabbath and shit from that era. It MIGHT be in there, but i dunno if i'd part with it if i found it. :D

in '91 the rumor of a new computer generated sound that was nothing like new wave was hitting my hometown of Jacksonville, FL. we heard a club 2 hours away in Gainesville was playing it so we headed down and from the moment i stepped inside that club, and heard k-klass's "rhythm is a mystery", i was hooked.

Lemme check, my mom has a big box of records stored away. Lots of original Santana, Black Sabbath and shit from that era. It MIGHT be in there, but i dunno if i'd part with it if i found it. :D

Sure you would, it obviously doesn't mean that much if you don't even know whether or not you have it! Do it... do it. :)

in '91 the rumor of a new computer generated sound that was nothing like new wave was hitting my hometown of Jacksonville, FL. we heard a club 2 hours away in Gainesville was playing it so we headed down and from the moment i stepped inside that club, and heard k-klass's "rhythm is a mystery", i was hooked.

What club was that? :funny: