Clubplanet Nightlife Community

~~**Sound Factory Friday Night**~~

Last night at SF was one of the better Friday nights that they have had in recent memory. It was my first time listening to Andrew Mendez spin and he is a very good DJ, to say the least. The vibe was probably the best that I have ever felt, not counting Saturdays. The women were hot and the new Level 4 is a great looking place. Anybody else agree with me?

------------------

blast.gif MEGA HIGHMZ x4armor.art

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm were you in the same club I was??? Sound Factory on 46th street. Because it sucked. Jesus why did Luv & Lodi bother it is sad to say but Mendez was better than both of them. The crowd was horrendous a bunch of Bang Bang-a-holics and club kid wannabes. WTF I swear if they got some good DJs maybe it would have been ok. But the smell of Drakar from the guidos really made my eyes tear. Oh well I went to exit after that $25 rip off. And had a great time in the Secret Room. SF needs a new crew or something those guys are stale.

SF SUCKED DICK LAST NIGHT.. HORRIBLE MUSIC... the COAT CHECK WAS A FUCKIN JOKE!!!! its crazy u have to wait an hour to hand a Jacket. GOt there at 3 and left 5. BIGGEST MISTAKE.. should have went somewhere... the new layout.. is HORRIBLE.. its stupid they made a club that was small even SMALLER!! which is STUPID!!!! THE NEW SOUND SYSTEM Is a LIE... the system is the same as they had 7 months ago.. THE DJ's i dont even have to comment at that.. THEY HAVE TO BACK TO SCHOOL and learn how to dj!!!

--DO U KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO FUCK ON COCAINE?-- cwm23.gifcwm19.gifcwm23.gifcwm19.gifcwm23.gif

last night was only my second time to factory on a friday night... i went about a year ago and swore to never return. some friends guilt tripped me into going last night. so wish i went to vinyl instead... i must say this time was much better than my first but still pretty bad. mendez was decent earlier in his set but i thought it was a bit fucked up to drop lil drummer boy. we all know that's jp's once a year track. it has special meaning. luv and lodi killed the vibe in my opinion. the place was dead by 4.... it was weird to leave factory at night. not used to that at all. oh well... ill go back to my routine tonight to see factory in full effect. see you all there.

[This message has been edited by ibelong2thenight (edited 12-23-2000).]

Originally posted by jonathanny:

SF SUCKED DICK LAST NIGHT.. HORRIBLE MUSIC... the COAT CHECK WAS A FUCKIN JOKE!!!! its crazy u have to wait an hour to hand a Jacket. GOt there at 3 and left 5. BIGGEST MISTAKE.. should have went somewhere... the new layout.. is HORRIBLE.. its stupid they made a club that was small even SMALLER!! which is STUPID!!!! THE NEW SOUND SYSTEM Is a LIE... the system is the same as they had 7 months ago.. THE DJ's i dont even have to comment at that.. THEY HAVE TO BACK TO SCHOOL and learn how to dj!!!

Small club even smaller??

Are you kidding??

The dance floor is much bigger, and with the new floor and catwalks, how can it be smaller??

cwm13.gif

I think the club looks much better now then it ever did..

As for the sound, it's not even finished yet.. And it sounds way better now then it did 7 months ago, so save it..

Originally posted by tranza:

Small club even smaller??

Are you kidding??

The dance floor is much bigger, and with the new floor and catwalks, how can it be smaller??

cwm13.gif

I think the club looks much better now then it ever did..

As for the sound, it's not even finished yet.. And it sounds way better now then it did 7 months ago, so save it..

Took the words right out of my mouth..

I think the club looks BEAUTIFUL!! I *LOVE* those catwalks and the couches there are sooo comfy. Plus the 4th floor, so how could it possibly get smaller when they added more space to the club??? Sometimes if feels small coz it's so packed smile.gif

As far as sound, a bouncer told me that the new system is not even in yet. That's why they don't have the bleachers back yet... But it does sound much better.. I had to ask last time coz I noticed the difference. Can't wait for the new system.. It'll blow me away smile.gif

[This message has been edited by mysteriousss (edited 12-23-2000).]

OK OK kids relax and Miss TWILO GODDESS there are other places to go on Fridays such as VINYL (Yes Mr Tenaglia) and Well I went to CHEETAH last night only becasue Mr. David Morales was spinning. And don't we all just love him cwm4.gifcwm9.gifcwm4.gif .

Listen everyone knew that SF friday wasn't gonna be that good/ They didn't have quality music in the club. You can make that place look like the TAJ MAHAL but if the music is not on point it's not gonna work.

my $.02 cwm32.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

Listen guys...U ARE WASTING UR $ & PREVENTING URSELF FROM HAVING A GREAT NIGHT ...TWILO IS THE ONLY PLACE TO BE ON FRIDAYS...BEST SYSTEM IN THE COUNTRY...TOP DJ'S & THE VIBE & !NRG IS INCREDIBLE!

Uhmm.. I understand that you LOVE Twilo and all but don't tell ppl not to WASTE their time and $ at other clubs.. What kind of an attitude is that???????????? To each their own so chill with this "only place to be"...

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Uhmm.. I understand that you LOVE Twilo and all but don't tell ppl not to WASTE their time and $ at other clubs.. What kind of an attitude is that???????????? To each their own so chill with this "only place to be"...

hey zoya, took the words out of my mouth, i am tired of ppl saying twilo is the only place to be and dissing other clubs.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

I think its just kind of cheesy that the two head promoters are DJing...

Gee, can we say abuse of power?

Get a grip.

Andy M on the other hand is quality, and a good guy to boot.

gotta agree w/ steve on this one, just like mundy

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by ibelong2thenight:

last night was only my second time to factory on a friday night... i went about a year ago and swore to never return. some friends guilt tripped me into going last night. so wish i went to vinyl instead... i must say this time was much better than my first but still pretty bad. mendez was decent earlier in his set but i thought it was a bit fucked up to drop lil drummer boy. we all know that's jp's once a year track. it has special meaning. luv and lodi killed the vibe in my opinion. the place was dead by 4.... it was weird to leave factory at night. not used to that at all. oh well... ill go back to my routine tonight to see factory in full effect. see you all there.

[This message has been edited by ibelong2thenight (edited 12-23-2000).]

>I'm glad you had a good time but that wasn't me who played the "Little Drummer Boy." That was Luv. Unfortunatly i didn't get to play past 2am...but maybe nextime i will.

peace

Andrew smile.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

gotta agree w/ steve on this one, just like mundy

-Rob

Hey Rob,

Just a little history for you. I started as a dj working a two and a half year residency at limelight. At that time Jeff Mills was the resident on the main floor (91-93) After my two years at limelight, I did a year and a half at the palladium, my second residency. (Michael Todd room) I maintained a residency which was shared with anthony acid at expo for over a year as well. I've played with David Morales, Hex Hector, Lord G, Armand van helden, Paul okenfield, Sven vath etc. If I need to prove my credentials to you, just let me know. Most recently I ended a residency of 15 months at limelight with Jason Ojeda. I currently maintain a Monthly residency in Las Vegas at Ra, and I'm djing their New Years eve there. I can also be heard in the secret room at exit every Saturday night. I've played at numerous venues world wide and don't appreciate anyone comparing me to "Promoters being dj's, abuse of power shit". I worked very hard to get where I am! I have a group of loyal promoters who back me anywhere I play. This is a competitive industry and you should respect , not necessarily like or agree, how people get to where they are! Just my two cents! To all the supporters thankyou, and all the haters the same!

Mundy

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH ANTHONY I still have passes from back in the golden age of PALLADIUM YOU, HEX, even CHARLIE CASANOVA on the passes with MC ROMEO ROMEO. SICK STUFF like a walk down amnesia lane.

Andrew I am glad you had fun, too bad you got screwed by the aheeemmm powers that be. Because you were the only thing besides Riz to waste $25 on. I am with CM, BLATANT ABUSE OF POWER ANYONE????

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

Originally posted by djmundy:

Hey Rob,

Just a little history for you. I started as a dj working a two and a half year residency at limelight. At that time Jeff Mills was the resident on the main floor (91-93) After my two years at limelight, I did a year and a half at the palladium, my second residency. (Michael Todd room) I maintained a residency which was shared with anthony acid at expo for over a year as well. I've played with David Morales, Hex Hector, Lord G, Armand van helden, Paul okenfield, Sven vath etc. If I need to prove my credentials to you, just let me know. Most recently I ended a residency of 15 months at limelight with Jason Ojeda. I currently maintain a Monthly residency in Las Vegas at Ra, and I'm djing their <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">New Years eve</a> there. I can also be heard in the secret room at exit every Saturday night. I've played at numerous venues world wide and don't appreciate anyone comparing me to "Promoters being dj's, abuse of power shit". I worked very hard to get where I am! I have a group of loyal promoters who back me anywhere I play. This is a competitive industry and you should respect , not necessarily like or agree, how people get to where they are! Just my two cents! To all the supporters thankyou, and all the haters the same!

Mundy

Originally posted by djmundy:

Hey Rob,

Just a little history for you. I started as a dj working a two and a half year residency at limelight. At that time Jeff Mills was the resident on the main floor (91-93) After my two years at limelight, I did a year and a half at the palladium, my second residency. (Michael Todd room) I maintained a residency which was shared with anthony acid at expo for over a year as well. I've played with David Morales, Hex Hector, Lord G, Armand van helden, Paul okenfield, Sven vath etc. If I need to prove my credentials to you, just let me know. Most recently I ended a residency of 15 months at limelight with Jason Ojeda. I currently maintain a Monthly residency in Las Vegas at Ra, and I'm djing their <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">New Years eve</a> there. I can also be heard in the secret room at exit every Saturday night. I've played at numerous venues world wide and don't appreciate anyone comparing me to "Promoters being dj's, abuse of power shit". I worked very hard to get where I am! I have a group of loyal promoters who back me anywhere I play. This is a competitive industry and you should respect , not necessarily like or agree, how people get to where they are! Just my two cents! To all the supporters thankyou, and all the haters the same!

Mundy

Guest crystalmethodny

I think its just kind of cheesy that the two head promoters are DJing...

Gee, can we say abuse of power?

Get a grip.

Andy M on the other hand is quality, and a good guy to boot.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

Rob,

I was a dj first. I started when I was about 10 years old ( my first set of decks; slbd-1 belt driven technics)I began doing parties freshman year of high school. Without getting to into details, bottom line is by the time I was 18 I had a great following in brooklyn, got courted by the limelight, and landed my first big nyc residency. So the answer to your question, what came first the dj or the promoter, THE DJ, promoting is still not my cup of tea, but I'm a great organizer and have some very loyal promoters who trust me and my djing to further their careers as they do mine. Big ups to Donnie c., Ro, Junior, Imperial, Furious Funktions, Bobby T., Chris Reda, Lola and all the supporters. Even you Rob!!! cwm4.gif

the new SF is wayyyy better than what it used to be. i think everyone is in agreement that the old factoary was wayyy overdue for a remodel. though im not very impressed with the 4th floor, its still better than nothing. and i was dissapointed with the sound on saturday, but now i hear that its NOT the new system, so we'll see how much better the sound gets.

all-in-all, its a BIG improvement than what it used to be.

as for fridays, i refuse to go to SF on friday only because i REALLY DISLIKE luv&lodi.