Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the shore this year .... some questions

well i have been there every weekend so far b/c i have a house there .... to my knowledge XS has been closing early every night .... why is this??? while Merge is doing pretty well.... who promotes for these clubs .... i never see anything on here or other Message boards about what the hell is going on ...... merge doesnt really need much promotion because it seems that everyone is going there .... but XS, whats the deal.... doesnt the old Deko crew from the fall promote there by moving Santana to the shore .... why isnt it packing out, why arent promoters letting anyone know what is going on weekly.... they obviously need the business if they are closing every weekend at 1:30 - 2:00 both nights..... they need some big names down there.... get some talent.... yea Santana is good and all and Tssettos USED to run shit down there but what about mixing it up a little, some Calderone, Lawler, Chus, Vibe, Morillo, etc. just like abyss .... i dont understand why there is absolutely no promotion or different talent coming in to keep the club afloat i mean honestly if tssettos cant pack that place than i dont know maybe people dont even know hes there, i mean he was the king of the shore for so long now the club is closing early ..... they are thinking of closing XS and just having it open during holidays.... now thats bad .... any input from u guys

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merge does not use promoters. They are working with some people from Taste though... Merge couldn't draw shit 2 years ago and now it is packed or has a nice crowd every weekend. Merge doesn't address cp b/c this board is visited by 5 different people a day, you are better off going on the Blvd. at 10pm and yelling "come to my club" and you will reach more people than posting here.

XS hasn't even made it to 4AM yet, hopefully that will change this week with Mendez there. Those who work there usually finish the night at Merge.

Some of the DJs you mentioned did play Tempts last year, and NO one went to hear them....

Merge doesn't address cp b/c this board is visited by 5 different people a day, you are better off going on the Blvd. at 10pm and yelling "come to my club" and you will reach more people than posting here.

:laugh: so true...

Some of the DJs you mentioned did play Tempts last year, and NO one went to hear them....

because normal people got tired to going to a club of shirtless juiceheads and the guidettes who followed them around...it became so nasty to go no matter who the dj was with these morons running around...

btw dont forget to watch scifi at 10 tonite...ECW makes its return to tv...ECW ECW....

:

btw dont forget to watch scifi at 10 tonite...ECW makes its return to tv...ECW ECW....

I had 4th row ringside comps but had to turn them down because I didn't think I could handle work the next day...lol

I did hit the PPV this past Sunday, great show and a lot of fun.

I had 4th row ringside comps but had to turn them down because I didn't think I could handle work the next day...lol

I did hit the PPV this past Sunday, great show and a lot of fun.

oh man that sux...i would walk in a zombie to go to that show...gonna be awesome...the ppv was fuckin nutz...im so happy their back...

With all his knowledge....i nominate RayRays69 to lead all the promotions down in seaside

Never in the past 6 years has anyone given as much Industry insite as rayray, he is clearly the most musically educated arm chair quarterback of all time. Some of his ground breaking revelations include:

He knows which DJs rock!

He has told us JP sucks!!

He knows how Deep Dish prefer their breakfast!

He is with out a doubt a club planet member who will change the Industry as we know it.

And where he goes.... I will follow!!!

rayrey: WE SPEAK YOUR NAME!!!

oh man that sux...i would walk in a zombie to go to that show...gonna be awesome...the ppv was fuckin nutz...im so happy their back...

I'm glad they are back as well, Paul E is going to head their creative and only has to answer to Vince, not his fat daughter.

Can't wait to see which way it goes.

after vince bought ecw and ended it...the following has grown immensely...i can see they will have more of a following and will do much better this time around (i think they did a great job the first time...they just didnt have the resources to keep the talent)...i hope to see the pitbulls and the gangsta's come back (although i think new jack in still in jail...lol)...its great to see beulah again :drool: and that whore francene...your avy is of my fav ecw wrestler...i have a white sandman shirt with his blood still on it from 96....

look at you loaded with the info...thanx...

one time we were all in the ring in ecw arena and i had to help lift pitbull 1 to float him around the ring...he was a heavy as hell to lift...

lol.... was that the show when they won the belts 2 out of 3 falls vs. Richards/Raven?? And what the hell were you doing in the ring?

no..the final fight was mikey whipwreck vs i forget and when it was over mikey started waving everyone into the ring...the wrestlers came out and we all had a party in the middle of the ring...it was crazy...

i have had a few "meetings" with wrestlers...one night i got into a shoving match with new jack when their match went outside into the parking lot...we all followed out and new jack was thrown onto me...i pushed him off and he took it as i was trying to start with him...he threw me back and then he got attacked by dreamer...

i handed sandman a cheese grater one night and he used it on foley...

i was there the night we all threw chairs into the ring...

I LOVE ECW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, to make a long story short Seaside Heights is the main reason why the clubs are not doing as well. My Memorial Day Sunday was incredible, packed to the rafters with a line wrapped around the building, but since then the Sundays have been very slow. I'm sure even Merge will agree that 75 people on a Sunday night is not anything to write home about. Sunday nights as a whole, don't really get going until July and that I can tell you from doing Sundays at Tempts for the past ten years. To answer the question that was brought up, it is true that people don't even know that I'm doing Sunday nights at XS this summer. If you only knew how many times people came up to me at Surf this past Sunday and asked me when I'm playing at XS again. It was pretty sad to be honest to hear that repeatedly from people. There is no reason for me to get into details on why things are the way they are down there but when you have about 500 to 600 people as a whole in Seaside on a Saturday night to occupy both XS and Merge, there is something seriously wrong. Another good example is looking at the turnout for JP at Surf. The turnout for that party was about the same amount of people that Surf would do on a regular non holiday Sunday during the summer just a few years back. The difference now is that Surf Club has to give up the entire door in order to have a decent turnout. All I have to say is for everyone not to hit the panic button and that it is still early in the season. I'm hoping for the best interest of all the venues down there, that things will pick up soon.

....lol..i was wondering when someone was gonna answer me!......see..i do pay attention!!

:laugh: so true...

because normal people got tired to going to a club of shirtless juiceheads and the guidettes who followed them around...it became so nasty to go no matter who the dj was with these morons running around...

ECW give me a fuckin break. i remember watchin them when they first came out and yes that shit was fuckin awsome. but dont tell me that vince does not still own them cause look at the people that are still in that group and look at how they wrestle. its all bullshit like wwf or wwe or wwabc. big deal they can crush beer cans on there head. i do the same shit when im trashed but i dont remember it the next day when i wake up, lol. i think the ECW return is just a profit making for the WWE team and corp. i saw alot of the old wwf, wwe players in the past few ECWs. and it is definitly not like the old ones at ALL!

Z

i dont think it has anything to do with club XS and Merge or our great Denny Tsettos. its about the years going on and more places to go. alot of people have got older and have gotten great jobs so that we can not come and party every weekend. i know with my job at the borgata i can not come up every weekend and party my ass off and support denny and richie like i wish i could. i will have maybe one weekend off this year. and now that it is 2006 there are alot of summer get aways like the hamptons, seaside, pt. pleasent, belmar and Atlantic City being a big one this year. there are alot of places to go hit up. i really wish i could be in seaside everyweekend so i can support the djs that i love but i cant cause my job is on the line for it. but i will be up there soon to hit all the spots up. i am definitly tryin for Abyss for Calderone this Wednesday. i cant fuckin wait if i can really get up there, haha. sick fuckin music. and everyone knows that for a fuckin fact.

Z