Clubplanet Nightlife Community

interviews

i hate them. you ever walk into one and know you just don't want to work there. i want to just say, "thank you for your time, but instead of wasting your time, i don't think i would like working here." but i can't, i have to go through the whole torture of the interview.

I've only been on one REAL interview in my life and that consisted of me meeting with 2 people for about 30 minutes then going out for drinks with about 5 of them and getting shit faced...i think the real interview was how I handled myself drinking with them and how many of the drinks I offered to pay for...that was 3 1/2 years ago and i've been here ever since

One reason to go through the whole interview is to see what questions they ask, so that you can prepare answers to those in case you get asked them at a place you do want to work. But there's nothing wrong with politely thanking them and walking out either.

Alternatively you can pretend that you got sick. It happened to one guy I was asked to interview...

For the first 10 minutes he passionately went off about how much he hated his job and how he hated everyone he worked with. After that I told him that I was going to ask him a few technical questions. He looked at me in horror and warned that he gets very nervous on interviews. Since I had to do what my boss asked me to do - I proceeded at my own risk. As soon as I asked the first question, the guy turned very pale, half-closed his eyes and started to slide off the chair.

So he sits across from me shaking and then starts telling me that he had food poisoning yesterday from Burger King. Then I told him to go home, and he started pleading how he didn't want to lose this opportunity. After he tried to drop on his knees and cry, I promised him that we'll reschedule, and he walked out grabbing on to walls and breathing heavily.

Guest onisakura
what do you mean "you hear"? you're going for an interview there...it either is or isn't? did you do any research on the place?

I JUST got the call, was doing research on the firm when I got called into a meeting here at work. Now im in a quandry because im part of a JV that can stand to make a LOT of money but im fucking buried. Working till 9/10pm every night, im getting burned out quick. Even had to reschedule my flights for this weekend because i couldn't take the hour and a half off to get to the airport. Its fucking insane.

I JUST got the call, was doing research on the firm when I got called into a meeting here at work. Now im in a quandry because im part of a JV that can stand to make a LOT of money but im fucking buried. Working till 9/10pm every night, im getting burned out quick. Even had to reschedule my flights for this weekend because i couldn't take the hour and a half off to get to the airport. Its fucking insane.
yea i was in a quandry this morning when my toilet got clogged from the massive shit i took and there was no plunger around and i was running late for work

What happened to "Fuck them, I'm going anyway..." ??

Guest onisakura
heard your "interview" was Sunday night

89451_FSCN0113.jpg

:bowdown:

Jesus you HAD to post the absolute worst pic of me out of the bunch.

Guest onisakura
What happened to "Fuck them, I'm going anyway..." ??

Well i would have except that to "fuck em" it would have cost me $200 more than it did leaving on saturday. Gotta be practical. If i left for the whole day, the amount of work id have waiting for me would be disgusting.

Guest onisakura

Had to reschedule my interview for tuesday. :( Short two people today so there's NO way im gonna be able to get outta the office.

Guest onisakura
you should really try to schedule the day off on days you interview

No can do. Its a mission to even step out for lunch let alone a day off for an interview. I have to be home DYING and contagious. Besides the amount of work that would be waiting for me isn't worth it. Even had to reschedule a flight for my trip this weekend. I should be in Miami by now. :cuss: