Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"No English, No Cheesesteak"

so the famoush Geno's philly cheese steak has put up a sign stating "this is America. When ordering, speak English" and the owner is refusing to take it down.

"I don't want somebody coming here to change my culture to their culture," he said with no apparent irony. "They want us to adapt to these people. What do you mean, 'Press 1 for Spanish'? English, period. Case closed. End of discussion. You better make it the official language."

agree or disagree with what he is doing?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

disagree.

If you move to this country then speak english or get the fuck out. Period.

If your here for work, vaca, visiting etc. then its up to you. Someone visitng this country isnt allowed to eat at your restaurant cuz they dont speak english? Thats total bullshit.

Id like to meet that guy so I can dibiza him in the face.

disagree.

If you move to this country then speak english or get the fuck out. Period.

If your here for work, vaca, visiting etc. then its up to you. Someone visitng this country isnt allowed to eat at your restaurant cuz they dont speak english? Thats total bullshit.

Id like to meet that guy so I can dibiza him in the face.

so should he first ask "do you live here or just visiting"?

I don't think it's a question of agree or disagree as much as it's a question of good business move or bad business move. I've never been to Geno's and haven't been to Philly in a long time, but from what I understand Geno's is right in the middle of a very hispanic / first generation neighborhood. That being the case I have to wonder if this is a smart thing to do. It's not like Geno's in the only cheesesteak in town...

these people think with their nonsensical rules they are somehow being patriotic or american when actaully they are going against everything this country stands for.

It's like the people who put stupid american flags or bowtie magnets on their car......pointless

I don't think it's a question of agree or disagree as much as it's a question of good business move or bad business move. I've never been to Geno's and haven't been to Philly in a long time, but from what I understand Geno's is right in the middle of a very hispanic / first generation neighborhood. That being the case I have to wonder if this is a smart thing to do. It's not like Geno's in the only cheesesteak in town...
it wont hurt them at all.. in regards to the Philly cheesesteaks, Geno & Pats pretty much are the most well known and recognized and have tons of regular/repeat customers.. if anything this might increase their business in regards to tourists coming to check the place out.

and i cant agree nor disagree but i commend them for having the balls to put it up

heard people drive by non stop beeping their horns screaming to leave the sign up
i wouldnt be surprised.. Genos (as well as Pats) have their own set of die hard customers.. you can go to that place at any time in the day and there will be a line to the corner

but i still think Pats has the better cheesesteak

well it's my thread and I am more interested in whether people "agree or disagree" with what he is doing rather then if it is a smart business move so I'd appreciate it if you don't go spinning it to what you want to know. start your own thread

Money is the determining factor in everything. As patriotic as he thinks he is, if his place starts losing business to Pat's then watch how fast he pulls this "policy".

To answer your question, I really don't have an opinion either way...

won't make it a weekly habit but i'm sure there will be other times...

you heard the two games i'm scheduled to see at fenway in 2 weeks Pedro and Glavine should be pitching...thinking about buying one of those pedro afros to rock over my mets hat in the bleachers

won't make it a weekly habit but i'm sure there will be other times...

you heard the two games i'm scheduled to see at fenway in 2 weeks Pedro and Glavine should be pitching...thinking about buying one of those pedro afros to rock over my mets hat in the bleachers

hopefully pedro does indeed get to pitch when you are there. i would def rock the pedro afro..lol. but if the sox are playing how they are playing now, wont be much of a game..

lets go mets! best team in baseball