Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How much is too much to pay for parking in LA?

lalate

i'm from nyc, where peeps don't pay for parking, so i look for street parking first. my roommate insists that i park in the lot when we go to circus, though, 'cause he thinks it's a sketchy neighborhood. their parking is somewhere between $4 and $6 - i don't remember. the most i've seen for parking is $12 (at avalon), and that's nuts.

some places have you over a barrel, though. if there's no parking elsewhere (on the street or in other lots), you have no other choice :no: .

i'm from nyc, where peeps don't pay for parking, so i look for street parking first. my roommate insists that i park in the lot when we go to circus, though, 'cause he thinks it's a sketchy neighborhood. their parking is somewhere between $4 and $6 - i don't remember. the most i've seen for parking is $12 (at avalon), and that's nuts.

some places have you over a barrel, though. if there's no parking elsewhere (on the street or in other lots), you have no other choice :no: .

:( why is always over like $10 when I go to circus :(

The highest I had scene up til last year was Sunset Strip in the hay-day of Dublins - every single lot was $15-18 and that was cerca 2002. ..... and then ..... lol ..... came the request for TWENTY FIVE DOLLARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS lol for the lots at Day After and LAX lol. :jawdrop: !!!

Oh, and if you think that's crazy, the lot switches prices from night to night lol.

the lots next to Avalon start at $20 i think nowadays and earlier this year a friend paid $50 i think to valet there...nuts!

its only $8 to park 1 block east of Vine in the lot just west of the Henry Fonda.

$20 is pretty common now at many lots on the Sunset Strip...

the parking situation at the clubs in LA is getting just as bad as the clubs, jacking up prices to ridiculous amounts on nites that draw huge crowds. i'm getting a bit frustrated with all of it. unfortunately, we all continue to go out.... :huh:

:( why is always over like $10 when I go to circus :( ...
i only go on saturdays for spundae and i don't like to do valet; maybe that's the difference.
the parking situation at the clubs in LA is getting just as bad as the clubs, jacking up prices to ridiculous amounts on nites that draw huge crowds. i'm getting a bit frustrated with all of it. unfortunately, we all continue to go out....
hey, gem! where've you been? as i've been asking everyone, are you going to giant village?

it's true, we still go out, but what else could we do, short of making a really good public transportation system really quickly? nobody would ever boycott.

i only go on saturdays for spundae and i don't like to do valet; maybe that's the difference.

hey, gem! where've you been? as i've been asking everyone, are you going to giant village?

it's true, we still go out, but what else could we do, short of making a really good public transportation system really quickly? nobody would ever boycott.

weyes! what's up girl! yes, i'm going to giant village!!! we should do some sort of meet-up! LOL! maybe we can all catch the train DT and NOT have to deal with parking! i shiver thinking what it's gonna be like that day with parking! hehe

weyes! what's up girl! yes, i'm going to giant village!!! we should do some sort of meet-up! LOL! maybe we can all catch the train DT and NOT have to deal with parking! i shiver thinking what it's gonna be like that day with parking! hehe
o, yes --- this will be our best chance of a meetup yet!!! i think there will be more cpla peeps at this event than at any in a very long time, past or present. we will most definitely pick a specific place and time; perhaps someone here knows the layout of the party location better than i do, though... it's gonna be a ball :spin2: !

Well if its is like 2004 the bar takes up the intersection, so maybe we can meet on a specific side of the bar facing a certain D.J., or direction ie.. east/west, at a certain time. Not to mention that we should try to let each other know what we are wearing to help locate our peeps. I am soo looking forward to this cause I am gonna party and its my birthday wooohoo:):roll:

where in nyc do you not pay for parking?? do you ever go clubbing in the meatpacking district??

the lot righ tby crobar is $40, aroudn the corner is 20-30

o, yes --- this will be our best chance of a meetup yet!!! i think there will be more cpla peeps at this event than at any in a very long time, past or present. we will most definitely pick a specific place and time; perhaps someone here knows the layout of the party location better than i do, though... it's gonna be a ball :spin2: !

can we set something up before the party starts? LOL..... i'll check on the layout and all.....

OK just make sure that if you park on the street that you read the posted parking signs everytime because they have a tendency to change from time to time. You could very well end up paying for tow plus parking ticket that will add up to 250. Hows that for a parking fee. Call it highway robbery.... Safer to park in a lot and shell out the 10 to 20 greenbacks.

where in nyc do you not pay for parking?? do you ever go clubbing in the meatpacking district??

the lot righ tby crobar is $40, aroudn the corner is 20-30

dude the meatpacking district has tons of parking... when going to crobar, i usually park on the west side around 30th-31st... never any problems... also the block before tunnel has tons of spots as well..

but yeah i paid 20 to park on sunset and then we didnt even get to hit up a bar because everywhere was bottle service... ghey!!