Clubplanet Nightlife Community

im old... who else is old?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to a bar w/ my gf last night around 11. it was pretty crowded, and we had to stand. we kept on trying to find a wall to lean against. i was like, "We're old. We can't even stand in bars anymore." LOL we left by 12:30, and we passed out watching HBO's Tourgasm. we are so lame :zzz2:

we might as well stayed in and watched Murder She Wrote while rocking in our rocking chairs.

I hear that, same here. I have a permanant limp because the part of the brain that controls that part of my leg was damaged. My memory was damaged, and some other areas too. When I was in 6th grade I had been reading on a college level, and after my head injury I had trouble reading. Now I can barely read a book because I can't focus and I forget shit right after I read it (though that has gotten much better over the years). When I went back to school I had to drop math and science entirely because I couldn't handle it, and it took a lot of therapy to be able to walk again. I had to relearn how to read and write, and even speak properly. That was pretty quick, only took a few weeks for that, but the therapy for my leg went on for years.
i'm sorry to hear that, slick. although i am not intending to put my situation on the same level as yours, i can read a page of a book and not process it sometimes. now i just read plays, and i follow them a LOT better.

i'm sorry to hear that, slick. although i am not intending to put my situation on the same level as yours, i can read a page of a book and not process it sometimes. now i just read plays, and i follow them a LOT better.

Most of us have some form of ADD or another. Mine was pavement induced, but you understand my issue so it doesn't matter what level it's on. :)

went to a wedding last night at the Woodbury something in Long Island and by the end of it i felt mad old. today was bummed out all day...like nowadays everytime i turn around one of my boys i grew up with is gettin engaged of hitced...wtf was there a meeting i missed?

went to a wedding last night at the Woodbury something in Long Island and by the end of it i felt mad old. today was bummed out all day...like nowadays everytime i turn around one of my boys i grew up with is gettin engaged of hitced...wtf was there a meeting i missed?

yeah i hear ya.. my mom sends me engagement announcements from home when kids i went to high school with get hitched..

i'm like WTF.. like i care what they are doing :laugh:

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.

--Robert Frost:

nice :aright: .
Most of us have some form of ADD or another. Mine was pavement induced, but you understand my issue so it doesn't matter what level it's on. :)
:D

i am constantly mistaken for 19-21, i really hate it......i'm 29, but my body feels fine. i think some of it is due to the fact that at work i'm on my feet all day running around and moving, verses an office job where i'd be sitting on my ass all day. in some ways i like getting older, i'm more sympathetic, more patient... i think the big thing is the appreciation towards my parents, they were right, this world is a hard place. i think about the things they did at my age now, and i am blessed to have them as parents. i have a few regrets, i wish i started school sooner, but i got to have a taste of the world before school, and for that i think it just proves the statement, there is a reason for everything.

count your blessings...good genes! ^_^ when you're a lot older maybe then it'll be more fun. ;-)

and uh....nice post! pretty much feel the same way....just celebrated my 32nd a few weeks back....having a great time in life now...all the confidence and youth of your 20's (albiet a bit more mature youth), but accompanied with knowledge of your career, life, people, etc. I believe in myself more now than ever just due to experience. I've also realized that we all suffer, we all have huge challenges, we all go thru the same stuff, so because of that I have a lot more tolerence and empathy for everyone I come across..even the a-holes. I don't see the ass ho;e anymore but the unyhappy person underneath....how can I get mad at that? But, on the other hand...I'm more sensitive to things..after you get such and such done to you enough times that eventually you can be on edge, and it can be a challenge to keep a clear mind and heart about things.