Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT spirit no a/c 120 degrees minimum

DT at spirit. the a/c broke an hour into his set. it reached at least 120 degrees maybe 140 degrees.

sweatiest club ive ever been in in 30 years of clubbing

DT was hot but he could have been better

he complained about broken cd, broken monitors, heat of course

I made it til 640 hey its impressive.

half the crowd bailed b4 then

the rest how did they stand it?

DT's set was his best Ive heard from him in 2006. ****1/2 of 5 stars but i have to deduct 1/4 star for the ridiculous environment.

so ****1/4- ****1/2 of 5 stars.

anybody who made it til 1 pm deserves a medal.

spirit is a shiithole and only dt even gets me there anymore.

Dt pls play pacha or crobar that was an absurd envirornment last nite

luv ya. happy 4th *X*X*X*X*X*X

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the entire power on 27th street shut off at around 2am all the clubs, guesthouse,cain,home,bed,marquee (i think) etc, were forced to close and sent everyone home, spirit was the only club still open and working minus the ac. Then around 6 something the entire power went out at spirit and they sent everyone home, time to sleep and wake up to the afternoon/evening party hehe.

WOW!!! Looks like a repeat of Boris's classics night. That sucks. Danny must have been real pissed. I dont know how anybody stayed. That def sucks though, I have nuttin but respect for DT, sucks his party had to get shit on like that.

props to spirit. considering every club on the block had to closed and spirit was the only one that had a generator for the music. thank god they let people hang outside. good night overall and I would definitely return to spirit b/c crobar gets way to crowded and my ears dont hurt as much

that was the worst night in a club i've ever experienced.

not only was it a fucking sauna in there...

but they had those lights on by the doors through which you walk into the main room, which lit up the whole place... totally fucked up the atmosphere.. then later some other lights went on which lit up the stairs by the smoking area... totally shitty

so because of the intense heat in the club, i wanted to go outside for a little bit and get some air... i've been able to leave before, and they would give me a stamp so i could come back in. this time however, when i asked the bouncer, he nodded his head yes, but said "NO!"... i guess he was trying to be funny, but he was a real dick. ok, so you're having power problems, and the a/c doesnt work... FINE. the least you could fucking do is let people go outside and give them stamps. its not like its something new to them, cuz they've always done it in the past. the management @ spirit is just completely SHIT. same thing in the smoking area.. the bouncers closed the doors at one point, and let us all suffocate

i forgot to mention... PROPS to tenaglia... he was playing at one point without any booth monitors... thats pretty crazy, to play w/o monitors in a club... he was trying his best to get the crowd moving.. although he did have a few miscues, and he was a little off tempo a couple times, that wasnt his fault... two thumbs up for tenaglia

two thumbs down for spirit

I really did at one point think they were trying to get all of clubbers in one area to get rid of us :-P But despite the heat, I thought it was a ridiculous night. DT was on point for most of it, started out great and just kept going. Haven't been back to Spirit in a while so I forgot how amazing their sound system is! They actually didn't screw us over with water, they started handing them out for free and were never stingy with the cups of ice. I thought it was a great experience, it's like the 2004 blackout, sure it was inconvenient but if you try to make the best of it, it could be a great experience :-) Enjoy the fireworks everyone!

DT is one of the world's top djs- top 5 easy. why is he still playing shiithole spirit? no other top 20+ dj in the world plays there.

OK junior has some kind of deal at spirit but you know he'll be out of there eventually.

made promotions should do a deal with pacha & crobar ASAP.

its pathetic that we have to go to shiithouse spirit for dt or junior.

the bouncers were thoroughly rude & childish & intimidating.

quite a contrast to the crobar staff which is professional & human beings while still doing their job.

DT is coming to pacha - great idea.

I hope he goes back to crobar again soon too.

he was talking about playing til 12 noon or 1 pm. obvs when i bailed at 640 i caught the moment & the club closed moments after.

there were some top moments to his set but equally he was PISSED at a broken cd, no monitors & the heat. whereas at crobar dt has a futuristic set up & it allowed him to play his best nyc set in several years for his birthday march 2005.

the technical issues at spirit were unacceptable & made shld get their act together & do deals with crobar, pacha & even bed if they must.

i never go to spirit anymore- just as i left avalon behind 2+ years ago another shiithouse- except that i want to hear dt.

I think overall dt did what he could with courage last night in an insane environment.

its time for dt & made to exit spirit forever & the aasshole bouncers last night & the technical fuuckups are more than enuf reasons that dt shld never go back to spirit again.

tell us how you really feel.....

"Some people say that you were built from flames"

Highlight of my night wow this was one of the last songs till it felt like the African jungle in there

track ur lookin for is : julian poker - people..... probably the reconstructed version, u know how to get in touch with me bro.....lata

lawler and AVB played there numerous times. and lets not forget it used to be Twilo, where every big dj played.

lawler played there twice in 2005 brill sets but i do not know that he'll be back. hes played pacha & cielo since. & i hope 2 hear him back at crobar too.

avb yes hes one of mades money djs but in 2006 spirit has declined substantially from what it was in 2006.

twilo isnt relevant the entire space & organization is different .

anyway its odd that dt still plays spirit & i expect he'll be at pacha & crobar again before he returns to that dump spirit imo

Guest onisakura
it's hot in here....that was a funny song.

Yeah that was a trip, didn't he say it over the mic and then sample it? I got there around 3:30 and was kinda surprised that there was no line at all.....then realized why as soon as i was hit by the wall of heat. It was soooo unbearable, making me feel sick to my stomach for a little while. It was such a shame because i was really enjoying his set. We stayed till the end, and i've gotta give the club some credit for at least waiting a little to see if the power would come back on before kicking everyone out.

Vicman, generators can't run a club of that size to full capability. Have you any idea how much power it takes to run a place that big with that much wattage? The ACs alone would need their own seperate industrial sized generator.

My only complaint is that the bouncers i encountered earlier in the night were extremely rude. Later on they seemed to be a bit nicer, i'd probably attribute it to the nasty heat. OH YEAH and the wet floors but that couldn't be helped.

Overall, it was a good night considering the circumstances. :)

dt started off saying 'the enchantment is over but the spell remains.' burchan played a fairly boring but decent minimal tech house set. dt came on at 1:30. he had been hanging around the 2nd floor it is nice that he chills with his crowd- i dont know any other dj that does that.

hi-lites- best track to me was the melodic deep house banger he started with!!! when the cd player was fuucking up. also '1 time for ther underground' always hot for dt. and a remix of ESG moody old skool dance rock.