Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT spirit no a/c 120 degrees minimum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all...

what a shitty opener - the guy played the same record for like 2+ hours, with dropping some rendom percussion on it, no basslines, some synths. I almost fell asleep.

Then Danny came on and the party got started, he was def on the point.

But then all of sudden the A/C goes down, and in half an hour it's was just miserable to be standing there. But Danny continued to drop bomb after bomb - respect to him for keeping it going that long.

Def the worst club experience to date.

First of all...

what a shitty opener - the guy played the same record for like 2+ hours, with dropping some rendom percussion on it, no basslines, some synths. I almost fell asleep.

Then Danny came on and the party got started, he was def on the point.

But then all of sudden the A/C goes down, and in half an hour it's was just miserable to be standing there. But Danny continued to drop bomb after bomb - respect to him for keeping it going that long.

Def the worst club experience to date.

gotta agree on burchan. that was the most boring minimal tech house. at least dt came on at 130 rather tahn 330 like he's been delaying most ny sets... can we hear5 witnesses from crobar and other 27/28 st club sexactly waht time the power went off & exactly what time the clubs were closed?

I am still skeptical i believe spirit is a shiithole & they were still charging people $40 at 6 am even tho there was no a/c for hours & inhumane conditions...there is something very fishy about this event & I hope dt never plays spirit again

Horrible night lol well youknow what shit happens. and i give alot of credit to danny for keeping shit going as long as he did with no monitors ac and all the rest of theshit that went wrong. the guy has a gift! i was dancing upstairs with my peoples it wa slike a little reunion everyone was so happy to see eachother. and then shit started happening the agony! the Heat! the shit talkin bouncers.. who i overheard talking shit about danny t saying he messed up because he kept going downstairs to talk to people. well *Mr ass hole! what do you expect a dj to do in a momment lik ethat with no power no nothing. i was outside chillin with my boy when the power shut down completly people were screaming some girl who looked like she was dieying lol it was a mess but one can only hope danny does his made events at crobar instead, because i'm starting to be very afraid of clubs lately with everyone's power going out.. wtf is going on.?/?? it was sorta good in a way cause the heat brough everyone together and the real music heads stayed till the end.props to you everyone who showed up from cp heads to Dtourists''

i can say that this was a fun experience for me as some shit like this had never happened to me before. hope everyone got home safe and spent the day BBQ'ing lol i slept all day at my boy's house in the heights. OH whatta night!

one can only hope danny does his made events at crobar instead,

correct,.. every bouncer working last night should be fired.

its time that made brings dt to pacha & crobar & put us out of our misery at spirit.

i defy anyone who was there last night to tell me spirit is a well run, appropriate venue. it was the shittiest shiithole ive seen since the worst night at avalon, with vomit all over the floor at avalon instaed last night it was bouncers threatening paying patrons & water all over everywhere bartendesr who quit when they shld have been giving free water to dehydrated patrons at 6 am who paid $40 & did not get what they wre promised. hells yeah

I didn't even GET there til 6, so I wasn't there for a good half hour before it closed entirely. I was outside and thought there was just an extremely long breakdown that I couldn't hear, then the bouncers said they were closing!

Against my better judgment, I went to Pacha. My condolences to whoever else had the misfortune of making that same poor decision. Apparently Erick had come and gone by that time and whoever was there was a fucking snoozer. I've had PERIODS that were more exciting.

I also heard that Erick was amping the crowd with that "do you wanna go til 12" stuff...so imagine our surprise when the club closed at 9:30, *just* as the dude started playing a tad better.

I give the night a -1,000,000. :laugh:

Danny is The Lord of The Underground and there's nothing he can say or do to make me feel otherwise. I will FIGHT a nigga over some Danny. LMAO So I have the utmost respect for him sticking it out for as long as he did, and only wish I had gotten there sooner.

I hope he does something again very soon cause I'd been SO excited about this party and was sooooooo fucking blown, and I know he was too and will want to make it up to us!

so what time is erick warapping up his pachas now? 6 am? 7 am?? i thought he was supposed to go til 10, 11 every time/??

I didn't even GET there til 6, so I wasn't there for a good half hour before it closed entirely. I was outside and thought there was just an extremely long breakdown that I couldn't hear, then the bouncers said they were closing!

Against my better judgment, I went to Pacha. My condolences to whoever else had the misfortune of making that same poor decision. Apparently Erick had come and gone by that time and whoever was there was a fucking snoozer. I've had PERIODS that were more exciting.

I also heard that Erick was amping the crowd with that "do you wanna go til 12" stuff...so imagine our surprise when the club closed at 9:30, *just* as the dude started playing a tad better.

I give the night a -1,000,000. :laugh:

Danny is The Lord of The Underground and there's nothing he can say or do to make me feel otherwise. I will FIGHT a nigga over some Danny. LMAO So I have the utmost respect for him sticking it out for as long as he did, and only wish I had gotten there sooner.

I hope he does something again very soon cause I'd been SO excited about this party and was sooooooo fucking blown, and I know he was too and will want to make it up to us!

I have no idea, I thought he was gonna be there the whole time and was wondering why he was playing so SHITTY, I was HEATED! :laugh:

I think he was gone by the time I got there cause the shit was wack from the minute I stepped in the door til three songs before they told us to get on up outta there. Nice.

In this guy's defense, I'm sure he is lovely when you're EXPECTING to hear his style, but not when you're expecting the Morillo afterhours and vibe. The place was damn near empty and now I know why! It wasn't til I got to a friend's house and he confirmed that wasn't him that I realized that I wasn't crazy - I thought Erick had an imposter cause dude was the same color and build and I didn't get a good look at him!! :laugh:

mhmm, i need somebody....i need someone----> anyone know the name to that song?! it came on twice i believe, AMAZINGGG.

honestly, i had such a good time BECAUSE the a/c went out. DT!!

Pretty sure he played a version of Narek and Danny Bullo - I need somebody at some point... not sure if this is what you're looking for...

Ah, I see. My bad. Excuse the venom for it's not my style to slam folks like that, but I'm still VERY salty about the night overall. As I said, in his defense I know he's probably great and think I've even heard him play other places before but it wasn't what I expected - it was more of the old-school Centro Subliminal style but I was tryna get crunk!! And he started bringing the harder shit RIGHT before the party got shut down. LOL Who knows what happened there. Some of the staff were a real pain in the ass too.

It was just a double let-down having been evicted from Spirit just moments before. And I thought the flyer said that only Erick would be spinning. The last time I went was for his birthday party which was AMAZING so if you compare that to last night, then perhaps you understand. It was like night and day!

Oh well, shit happens, the night redeemed itself when I went to my friend's house and he was spinning for a couple of people there. That was so fun. I'm looking forward to the next party regardless! :)

wowowow

i was supposed to go last night, couldn't make it - felt bad cuz i had been planning to go - but honestly after reading these reviews though of the heat - omg. that sux sooo much. MAJOR props to all u all who made it through that sweating etc.....

im seeing him at pacha hopefully in august and hopefully the power/ac won't b a problem!

It was Cevin Fisher then. He have a grey hat on? Cevin is dope, he plays a little bit lighter than Morillo, but his productions are top notch. Great dude too.

Since there are some talks of Cevin Fisher on this thread ... just thought i would post the next time he'll be spinning...

July 7th @ SOL

Friday Night / Saturday Morning AFTERHOURS

LOL. I was in the "Sauna" for a few hours. We got there around 2AM and the music and crowd were great. It sucks that the AC busted. We stuck it out till about 4:30 AM...the heat was too much. But had a good time overall.

wow, I woke up @ 4:30am at my parents' house thinking, "this sucks, all my friends are having a great time @ DT and Morillo and I'm stuck here!" I am sorry to hear everyone had such a rough time though, idk if I could have toughed that out. Thank god no pillheads died of dehydration, it sounds like Spirit did everything they could, aside from the bouncers being dicks and the club still charging people to get in.

Arrived at 1 and left at 6 after losing 5 pounds of water (thank you stacker2 and 115 degrees lol) I thought Danny was musically great as usual, he said that it was twice as hot in montreal @ stereo. I would like silverbull to answer that one being he attended that event.

he said that it was twice as hot in montreal @ stereo. I would like silverbull to answer that one being he attended that event.

Not at all STEREO was manageable and i could dance with that heat, Spirit i could barely move for more than 2 secs lol.

mite be late , and i didnt finish reading what other people posted by the bouncers at the door were hired by dt, some of the spirit bouncers were inside doing the walk around sweeps, that private security team was madd rude, hasling me and giving me lectures....

some of the spirit bouncers were inside doing the walk around sweeps, that private security team was madd rude, hasling me and giving me lectures....

the 3 african american bouncers on the 2nd floor with black jackets,. black tee shirts & black pants should be fired asap by made and or spirit & investigated by the police. i saw them going up to patrons & trying to start fights, hassling, intimidating & bumping against white patrons.

MADE give the names & ids of the african american 2nd floor bouncers to the police they should be investigated for criminal records.

the spirit staff - not DTs staff-- were pathetic at this event &N should be fired.

I am reluctant to go back to spirit ever again

the 3 african american bouncers on the 2nd floor with black jackets,. black tee shirts & black pants should be fired asap by made and or spirit & investigated by the police. i saw them going up to patrons & trying to start fights, hassling, intimidating & bumping against white patrons.

MADE give the names & ids of the african american 2nd floor bouncers to the police they should be investigated for criminal records.

the spirit staff - not DTs staff-- were pathetic at this event &N should be fired.

I am reluctant to go back to spirit ever again

wow thats some shady shit. I remember going to raves back in the day out in brooklyn or wherever. The bouncers/security use to shake down some of party goers for drugs and money.