Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is the problem with Spirit?

I wonder, what should the owner of this space do to give this club the place it deserves today? It seems to me Spirit is definitely not what it could be.

I can't help but think that if the Twilo team (opening a club in Miami) took over the club, it would become a major place for quality dance music again. Something forward, strong, over-the-top again. Instead it's whatever.

It's a little sad to see such a magical place become bleh. I've been on very good nights there --as Spirit!-- when Danny T played, or even Junior. This space has a definitive vibe going for it. Something Crobar is lacking for example.

How come it is such a crap place on usual weekends?

What do you think they should do to this place to give it its deserved place in New York City?

The owner is an asshole plain and simple... He should sell the space to someone with a more creative vision who can make this historic space everything it should be...

couldnt have said in any better. its real hard for them to compete with crobar & pacha but if they operated that club the right way they could give both clubs a run for their money. they bring in some good talent here and there (MAYBE once a month, sometimes even less) spirit has the best sound system of any big room in the city and its sad to see it go to waste. the venue itself is amazing as well, i cant explain why but for some reason even when its extremely packed in there, there is always room on the dancefloor to wild out! in my opinion the need to bring in some international talent that crobar & pacha arent bringin in but should be. SOMEBODY needs to get steve lawler a monthly residency, his two sets at spirit rank up there with some of the best in my life! steve angello, axwell, mark knight & mtv, kobbe & austin leeds, superchumbo, antoine clamaran, funkagenda,.....THERE ARE SO MANY AMAZING DJ THAT RARELY COME TO NEW YORK OR HAVE NEVER BEEN TO NY AT ALL! ITS A SHAME

I love that sound system in there but there is defiantly room for improvement

the last time i was there there was some reel weirdos in there.

I think they should be a little more selective of who they let in there.

the last time i was there a bunch of old Asian men with

there hookers totally ruined the atmosphere they were standing close together like someone would to

slow dance but they were jerking there bodies side to side all over the

the place and bumping into everyone. I don't know what the hell they were

doing some retarded twitch dance or something, but I had to go before I blasted one of these guys in there face and im usually pretty laid back

but one can only take so much.

there hookers totally ruined the atmosphere they were standing close together like someone would to

doing some retarded twitch dance or something, but I had to go before I blasted one of these guys in there face and im usually pretty laid back

Thats the all too infamous ASIAN SWING DANCE.

That's what they do. That's why they're annoying.

I will just say that I PROMISE you that Spirit will be making a comeback.. just wait a little. Trust me.

In order for it to be a comeback, it had to be good in the first place. Place never took off once they opened with inconsistent bookings and on and off parties ranging from Hip Hop, to House, to Psytrance, to Rock, to Reggaeton and shit.

I will just say that I PROMISE you that Spirit will be making a comeback.. just wait a little. Trust me.

I hope so. I am sick to death of Crobar. And Pacha is really only good when Johnny or Morrillo are there. Another option would be good. The guy who said someone should give Lawler a residency is right. DT doesn't really have one (he plays here less than once a month). They could put together some nice talent pretty quickly if they wanted.

I hope so. I am sick to death of Crobar. And Pacha is really only good when Johnny or Morrillo are there. Another option would be good. The guy who said someone should give Lawler a residency is right. DT doesn't really have one (he plays here less than once a month). They could put together some nice talent pretty quickly if they wanted.

Let's just say there's 3-4 more big names who are almost in that building.

One of them is there in August.

The others are soon to follow.

Obviously. I've been helping/working and will be working for it.

Lucky-- I would say.. however, I do not want my legs chopped off and to have my head slammed into a wall 20x.

Jesus christ...what the hell does that mean?? Are you guys booking Sammy The Bull Gravano as a special guest dj or something??

ok well PROMISE me this Jen.........Get a good squad of promoters who know what is going on nowadays and livin the place up. Keep it consistant with top notch talent week after week. You have 2 other major clubs your competing against. Doesnt the owner see this???

Get fuckin dancers in there on the stage...umm..in a cage wearing fake boobies spitting hot fire or some shit. Get some mimes, some jugglers, a guy riding a unicycle....something....And last but not least get some fucking drugs in that place, hire the oldschool limelight house dealers if you have to. The place is dry sweetie. I mean who invites people to a cocktail party that doesnt serve liquor??? Ya follow me???

ok well PROMISE me this Jen.........Get a good squad of promoters who know what is going on nowadays and livin the place up. Keep it consistant with top notch talent week after week. You have 2 other major clubs your competing against. Doesnt the owner see this???

Get fuckin dancers in there on the stage...umm..in a cage wearing fake boobies spitting hot fire or some shit. Get some mimes, some jugglers, a guy riding a unicycle....something....And last but not least get some fucking drugs in that place, hire the oldschool limelight house dealers if you have to. The place is dry sweetie. I mean who invites people to a cocktail party that doesnt serve liquor??? Ya follow me???

Yes, yes.. and yes.

Thats the all too infamous ASIAN SWING DANCE.
That's what they do. That's why they're annoying
The Swing!!!

hahahahahha

Fucking weird ass people.

But i thought that was called the "Stir Fry"???? Ahhh fuck it, what the hell do i know..

ok so im not the only that has seen this stupid ass behaver.

I love all types of people, but come on now this has to be stoped

and they say white people cant dance

ny def needs lawler here REGULARLY, DT too, we didnt realize how spoiled we were to have danny here every weekend @ arc! . as for pacha tho, i dont know how u can say its only good when johnny and morillo are there. it seems to me it might be the worst when they are there. just recently, james zabiela and dj vibe rocked pacha, with an amazing vibe! im sure oscar g is gonna rip that place a new asshole as well. i really want to see spirit do well as that sound system is really going to waste. if they got lawler as a bi-monthly or monthly resident that would be a giant step to turning that club around.

ny def needs lawler here REGULARLY, DT too, we didnt realize how spoiled we were to have danny here every weekend @ arc! . as for pacha tho, i dont know how u can say its only good when johnny and morillo are there. it seems to me it might be the worst when they are there. just recently, james zabiela and dj vibe rocked pacha, with an amazing vibe! im sure oscar g is gonna rip that place a new asshole as well. i really want to see spirit do well as that sound system is really going to waste. if they got lawler as a bi-monthly or monthly resident that would be a giant step to turning that club around.

Pacha is better when JP or Morillo arent spinning since their crowd is garbage,Morillo is like the Tiesto of house/tribal music, i wont even get started on JP, its hilarious going to the JP board and seeing people post the EXACT F!CKING SAME TRACKLISTING after every party, there's always GTI,Women beat their men and always a reply with "JP tore the place apart with his 30 minute mix of GTI"

DJ Vibe at Pacha was crazy, even Richie Santana was better than JP/Morillo even after being shoved upstairs since a private asian party occupied the main floor (back like 2 months ago)