Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Burning Man!!!

deepfunk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was the stripper in bed?

I didn't take any stripper to bed and I'm sticking with that story.

I came to realize what a racket strip joints are anyhow, selling desperate guys a dream that'll never come true, unless you throw more cash than it's worth at it of course. I'd rather just bang a good ole whore.

what exactly is involved in these preparations? what are you guys planning to do?

Go to burningman . com and go through the first timer's guide. Basically we are going to be camping out in the desert for a week, so we gotta get tents, sleeping bags, clothes for the hot days and the cold nights, food, water, and all of requirements that don't require much thought when you are not in the desert. Also, because the dust out there is so fine you have to dust proof everything and also have goggles and maskes for when dust storms kick in.

On top of that it is a giant music/art festivle so your outfits should be these crazy costumes, home made or modified. Also these outfits should probably light you up like an xmas tree cause it is flipping dark out there and people might not see you and run you over with a bike. And that is just covering the basics. If you are part of a camp or making an art installation, You've got to build it all, then take it down and some how ship it out to the desert and set it all back up again, then take it down and get it out of the desert.

Burningman takes a ton of preperation and I know people who have been going for 8 years and they still are in panic mode the week before they go, but everyone says it is worth all the effort. I'll give you my two cents on that when I get back.

As for what I want to do: I wanna take the tia chi and yoga workshops, take full advantage of the free cookies and milk at midnight, Take advantage of the message camps, I wanna fight in the tunderdome, I wanna play on the life size rock 'em sock 'em robots, I wanna see all of the art installations, I wanna see the giant pants catapult, I wanna dance until I drop and I want to be suprised. What type of music is at burningman? It is a 50K+ person event that goes on for a week, I am pretty sure you can find ALL kinds of music there.

oh and seeker, watch yourself in thunderdome. my friend steve got hurt pretty bad in there a couple of years ago. fun peeps though, my friend nathan is shooting a movie on the death guild/thunderdome camp this year.

TWO MAN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVE!!!! These are the rules of thunder dome that we abide by!

In serious I will watch myself, Thanks for the heads up.

I will be camping at camp Unofficial at the 3 o'clock and Chance. Stop by and say hi!

cool. i'm spinning a dub reggae set on tues night at camp 101 (7:30 and guess) starting at midnight. come on by if you'd like. i'll be spinnning house, reggae and old school/funk at our camp as well durning the week and might do a few house sets at other camps too.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm slowly getting comfortable in the real world again. it's tough because i had some work stuff that blew up right as i got back to la. it was kind of surreal to be dealing with work stuff after being a million miles away from that stuff for a week.

anyway, a few highlights - the art was very cool this year. the weather was great except for the massive dust storm on wed. it was a bit windy on tues and sun, of course the days that we were setting up and tearing down camp. our neighbors were all great. really cool, fun, smart people. i drank a pickle-tini, not something i would necessarily recommend. my highlights included playing dub and house at my camp on the evening the man burned and all of our neighbors coming out to dance, share a few drinks as well as the yummy shrimp my girlfriend cooked for us. it was really special. they all asked me to come back and play more after the burn, which i did. we all hung out and partied for hours. a total treat. then a couple of our neighbors took us to the camp of a reno club promoter. he had dj dan spinning there, playing house even! it was a small camp with a nice sound system. dan was playing for about 15-20 people total! it was very low key and the music was great! i haven't talked to dan for about 10 years so it was really cool to hang and catch up a bit.

here are a couple of pics. i'll get more up soon.

watermark.php?file=11527

my friends made these. it's a flower and a venus fly trap. this pic hardly does them justice. they are huge! they raise up, lower down, open and close. they drive around and there is a sound system on each. to give you a bit of perspective, notice the guy on a bike underneath the mouth of the fly trap. if you've seen either of them you know just how dope they are.

watermark.php?file=11528&size=1

not a great shot, but shows a handfull of our neighbors dancing while i'm spinning. i have more of these that hopefully turned out better.

highlights: Doing arial yoga during the white out with the structure around us falling appart at the seems.

My GF getting hit in the leg with one of the fire works shot off from the man

Being a part of fire conclave and standing that close to the man when he went off.

and the mornings. Every morning on the playa was the most amazing thing in the world to witness.

Being sorrounded with surreal, unrestricted creativity. This is why pictures will never do BM justice. You see the photo and everything is taken in one at a time. In reality you are surrounded by the bizzar. You are looking at a pyramid in the desert as the chesire cat and white rabbit are having a drag race and a guy goes by wind sailing on roller blades with a giant wood scuture on the horizon. and since it is so constant your view on reality changes and I have yet to adjust back to this default reality.