Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Burning Man!!!

deepfunk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so who (besides me) is going this year? when are you getting there? what are your plans? have you been before? wooooo hooooo!!

135857IMG_0630.JPG

Thanks for posting this (and reminding me). I think this year shoud me my year, at least for one or two nights.

I will be there, first time. I will probably show up monday night (I wanna catch gotan project at the bowl the night before)

haha! almost the same exact plan as us! we should be at the bowl that night. we'll pack on monday, drive mon night (cooler weather, less traffic) and then arrive tues am and set up camp.

nice! great pic by the way. is there any chance the land speeder will make it this year? when are you getting there?

This year it will look more like a prius lol.

Im thinking two days/nights. I think I will melt if I stayed longer than that lol.

what do you mean?

On the night of the burn a bunch of fire peromanace groups (or conclaves) perform in front of "the man" (that neon dude in the pic above). It starts out with every conclave doing a coreographed routine, then shifting, routine, then shifting and then its a fire performance free-for-all.

Then we all run the hell away from the man and watch as he goes up in flames.

Click to see my profile for a pic of me burning.

On the night of the burn a bunch of fire peromanace groups (or conclaves) perform in front of "the man" (that neon dude in the pic above). It starts out with every conclave doing a coreographed routine, then shifting, routine, then shifting and then its a fire performance free-for-all.

Then we all run the hell away from the man and watch as he goes up in flames.

Click to see my profile for a pic of me burning.

very cool, j :aright: ; just wish the pic were larger :hey: .

Never been.. Can someone give the DL on the music scene there????

there's something for everyone. everything from huge sound camps with mega dj's like oakey, etc to mid size camps with great line-ups every night to people bringing out their own smaller systems and playing when they feel like it, like myself. you'll find music of all flavors. the most commonly heard electronic music is breaks, followed by trance. there's lots of house too, but not nearly enough really good house (except at my camp!). i hear that el circo won't be out this year, which is a drag. lorin (bassnectar) has played some absolutely amazing breaks there and i'm not much of a breaks person.

hope that helps.

there's something for everyone. everything from huge sound camps with mega dj's like oakey, etc to mid size camps with great line-ups every night to people bringing out their own smaller systems and playing when they feel like it, like myself. you'll find music of all flavors. the most commonly heard electronic music is breaks, followed by trance. there's lots of house too, but not nearly enough really good house (except at my camp!). i hear that el circo won't be out this year, which is a drag. lorin (bassnectar) has played some absolutely amazing breaks there and i'm not much of a breaks person.

hope that helps.

Sounds good. Thanks!

No, although I would love to go, my schedule is really busy. I need good couple of days to just act like more of a great big retard than I usually am.

Manup and show up for 48 hours and fly back all dehydrated and exhausted like the rest of us lol jk